closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Master
    Looking like an effective reverse jinx so far.

I should do this more often.
    Truly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Looking like an effective reverse jinx so far.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Chelsea V Burnley today, I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve looked forward to watching the Blues as much as I am Today.
    (It’ll end in tears of course...)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Just seen the team Steve Bruce has put out against Everton. Another loss on the card's by the look's of thing's.

I know exactly why you said that and have no idea how what actually happened, happened!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Chelsea V Burnley today, I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve looked forward to watching the Blues as much as I am Today.
    (It’ll end in tears of course...)
    Got through this one and not being a betting man what sort of odds for the two scorers?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad;[URL="tel:5660451"
    5660451[/URL]]Got through this one and not being a betting man what sort of odds for the two scorers?
    Great to see overlapping wingbacks again and a team playing with confidence. A cracking goal that by Alonso too.
    Ive got a good feeling about Tom the Jerry.

Blog Entries
    Tom could be the man all we need now is “Werner the wonder “ to get his act together

Felt sorry for Southampton yesterday as they were burgled by Villa but if you don't take your chances that's what happens. Grealish is some player though- surprised a big club hasn't come in for him as he'd get into pretty much any midfield.

Arsenal vs United was a match against 2 teams of equal ability which makes United's 2nd place currently look ridiculous. City will win at a canter as I said a couple of weeks back. Liverpool 2nd, Spurs will get 3rd and either United, Leicester or Chelsea 4th.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great result for Leeds that, the Bamford goal was delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Felt sorry for Southampton yesterday as they were burgled by Villa but if you don't take your chances that's what happens. Grealish is some player though- surprised a big club hasn't come in for him as he'd get into pretty much any midfield.
    Think you'll find Villa is a big club and Grealish wants to stay as captain. Something like the second or third richest owners in the Premier League and they seem to be willing to invest. I suspect Villa will be buying in bigger names worthy to fit into a midfield containing Grealish - but they're going to have to be bloody good.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Great to see Leeds able to play a solid professional game against a top side who want to counter attack. Almost a reversal of the score from the first game and fully deserved!

Master
    Turns out Messi's 4 year contract with Barcelona was worth over half a billion Euros, or up to €2,670,000 a week, wouldn't mind being his agent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55873590

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Tom could be the man all we need now is “Werner the wonder “ to get his act together
    A bit early to say, but I like what I see of TT so far - if he delivers another 3 points on Thursday evening he will be going along way to convincing supporters that he is the right man for CFC.
    I know he needs goals to give him confidence, but Werner shouldn't be starting against teams that sit back & defend with a low block.
    He looks like he works hard, but his movement is really not very intelligent - has pace to burn, but looks devoid of ideas when playing it tight areas & my young son has a better first touch / pass accuracy.
    I want him to do well & prove me wrong, but really can't see what he offers - when he joined CFC I watched youtube viids of him scoring goals for fun at RBL - but seemed to have a lot more time / space on the ball when scoring & it's not often like that in the Premier League.
    Maybe TT can get the team playing quicker, more decisive football that will suit him better? I hope so.

That 2nd Salah goal was a thing of absolute beauty

That 2nd Salah goal was a thing of absolute beauty

Agreed , that touch with the outside of his boot sent the TV the wrong way !

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    very pleased by that result today, and worth noting that the team that finished the game was the same one that came up from the championship. Struijk was immense today.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    very pleased by that result today, and worth noting that the team that finished the game was the same one that came up from the championship. Struijk was immense today.
    Thought Dallas was great too, especially as I don't see him as a top Premiership midfielder, Philips solid, Meslier had good hands, Bamford came alive, Ayling makes a big difference to us going forward, just more together defensively and that clinical finishing that often costs us.
    Given how well Koch was playing, when him and Llorente are available it will really make a difference.

Master

Arsenal vs United was a match against 2 teams of equal ability which makes United's 2nd place currently look ridiculous. City will win at a canter as I said a couple of weeks back. Liverpool 2nd, Spurs will get 3rd and either United, Leicester or Chelsea 4th.

Is it April Fools Day already?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Think you'll find Villa is a big club and Grealish wants to stay as captain. Something like the second or third richest owners in the Premier League and they seem to be willing to invest. I suspect Villa will be buying in bigger names worthy to fit into a midfield containing Grealish - but they're going to have to be bloody good.
    Ok by means of clarification I should have stated 'Champions League' level club not 'big club' - you could argue teams like Newcastle United are as big if not bigger than Villla but they won't be attracting elite players any time soon. I understand Villa's owners have deep pockets and can invest however that is no guarantee they will qualify for the CL any time soon and Grealish may wish to test himself against the very best at elite level.

Of course he could be a hometown player as well just like Alan Shearer was when he elected to join Newcastle and forgo the trophies he would have won if he'd joined Manchester United so it isn't all about the trophies I understand.

Ok by means of clarification I should have stated 'Champions League' level club not 'big club' - you could argue teams like Newcastle United are as big if not bigger than Villla but they won't be attracting elite players any time soon. I understand Villa's owners have deep pockets and can invest however that is no guarantee they will qualify for the CL any time soon and Grealish may wish to test himself against the very best at elite level.

Of course he could be a hometown player as well just like Alan Shearer was when he elected to join Newcastle and forgo the trophies he would have won if he'd joined Manchester United so it isn't all about the trophies I understand.
    I get the impression he's been given the captaincy and suitable wage packet and been convinced the owners are willing to invest to get Villa to the point where they are in contention for a CL place. We're not far off, three points off West Ham in fifth with two games in hand, joint third best goal difference, 10 clean sheets so far in 19 matches. This is a club promoted from the Championship in 2019, finished 17th last season and with lots of investment in players over the last two summers. Where we could be in two seasons' time is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I get the impression he's been given the captaincy and suitable wage packet and been convinced the owners are willing to invest to get Villa to the point where they are in contention for a CL place. We're not far off, three points off West Ham in fifth with two games in hand, joint third best goal difference, 10 clean sheets so far in 19 matches. This is a club promoted from the Championship in 2019, finished 17th last season and with lots of investment in players over the last two summers. Where we could be in two seasons' time is anyone's guess.
    Yep that's a fair point and the good thing is Grealish's heart is clearly with villa so that gives an extra 15% performance each week

Yep that's a fair point and the good thing is Grealish's heart is clearly with villa so that gives an extra 15% performance each week

Jack is on fire at the moment ,must be one of the best natural footballers of a generation.Villa have now got very deep pockets and would take a major offer for us to consider letting him go.

Master
    People scoffed at a club valuation of 80M last year. Would have been a bargain at that price.

Blog Entries
    Harumph 😤

Barnes goal was the pick of the bunch; but, that’s about all we had over Leeds

Everyone falling away and Man City gaining momentum

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    When we beat you 4-1 I thought Leeds were the most overhyped prem side in history…. I retract that thought…. You were better than us…. Much better

Blog Entries
    If this is true, which it certainly looks like it is, I can't get my head round how it could be allowed to happen.
    Burnley go from being one of the most stable clubs currently in the Prem with zero debt and £40+ million in the bank to being taken over and put straight into £90 million of debt with the new owners looking at ways to refinance the club even more to pay the remaining £70+ million owed to the old owners. How can you be allowed to take over a football club without using a single penny of your own money? Madness

https://www.theguardian.com/football...aded-with-debt
    Last edited by mickylall; 2nd February 2021 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    If this is true, which it certainly looks like it is, I can't get my head round how it could be allowed to happen.
    Burnley go from being one of the most stable clubs currently in the Prem with zero debt and £40+ million in the bank to being taken over and put straight into £90 million of debt with the new owners looking at ways to refinance the club even more to pay the remaining £70+ million owed to the old owners. How can you be allowed to take over a football club without using a single penny of your own money? Madness

Yep, seems about right. The Saudis who were buying Newcastle outright, promising to pump in hundreds of millions of their own money to the club , are not passed as fit and proper. Another bunch of Americans comes along , loads up a previously well run club with debt and they skip through the same tests.
    Welcome to the Premier League .

Nine goals. Blimey. And two matches tonight with two red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    waiting anxiously on a daily basis for spurs to win something (even the League Cup...), but then I'm also used to getting nothing in the end... no expectations no disappointments:)
    This has aged very well indeed:)

Might be a little biased as an Arsenal fan, but that was never a red card! They said after that if he lunged in and wiped him out he would get a yellow but accidental contact is a straight red. Seems like the most backwards rule I have ever seen. We should have killed the match off well before that and actually looked good in the first half.

And back to reality. Normal service has resumed.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I know exactly why you said that and have no idea how what actually happened, happened!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    And back to reality. Normal service has resumed.

Indeed. I know exactly why you said that and as expected it did happen!

Why . Are you short on ball boys ?
    As I said, great signing for The Hammers.

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

A surprising, but quite heartwarming story.

Odds on a hat trick on the 27th February?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post

That’s how the Glaziers? bought Manchester United but it was £700M.

It’s how most businesses are bought though. Very few, if any, takeovers happen without the buyer borrowing large amounts of money which the business bring bought then has to finance.

Blog Entries
    Lol…. I still shudder at the memory of him at Leicester…. I would have been outraged at his signing as a whammers fan…

Blog Entries
    Ps…. Love Parker

“Our season won’t be defined by playing the likes of Leicester, Man Utd or Chelsea “

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That’s how the Glaziers? bought Manchester United but it was £700M.

It’s how most businesses are bought though. Very few, if any, takeovers happen without the buyer borrowing large amounts of money which the business bring bought then has to finance.
    And this, in essence, is what reeks with FFP.

I thought he'd do OK.

Dream debut in helping to bash up Villa.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Ps…. Love Parker

“Our season won’t be defined by playing the likes of Leicester, Man Utd or Chelsea “
    It’s true Ben, they are more worried by teams at the top ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Credit to Brighton last night. Dismal from Liverpool, sad to see.

Craftsman
    what a masterclass from brighton,
    deserved all 3 points

Blog Entries
    Well it sounded like garbage from two mid table teams with mine just shading it however always good when the “ Special one “loses

Master
    Well it sounded like garbage from two mid table teams with mine just shading it however always good when the “ Special one “loses
    Chelsea controlled the game, should have scored more & deserved the win.
    Spurs were pretty clueless, especially first half.
    I'm sure Jose will spout some crap about the best team not winning though!

Blog Entries
    Is there a strong feeling of dislike towards Mourinho from Chelsea fans?

Pearson and Ranieri still walk on water for the majority of City fans (irrespective of how shabbily Ranieri was treated and how decisive it proved)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Is there a strong feeling of dislike towards Mourinho from Chelsea fans?
    My impression is that a lot of Chelsea fans are pretty fickle - so yes many dislike Jose, but I think a lot of it stems from the fact that he has gone on to manage MUFC & Spurs.
    In my view he is a club legend for delivering the level of success that he did, but he does obviously tend to rub people up the wrong way with his antics.
    Young Jose was great at Chelsea & all his comments were said with a glint in his eye, but as he has matured he has become more gumpy / fractious & fallen out of favour with a lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie;[URL="tel:5664983"
    5664983[/URL]]Is there a strong feeling of dislike towards Mourinho from Chelsea fans?

Pearson and Ranieri still walk on water for the majority of City fans (irrespective of how shabbily Ranieri was treated and how decisive it proved)

Like I told my ManU and Spuds mates when Mourinho went there, you’ll end up hating him!
    He never misses an opportunity to slag off Chelsea or ManU and the football (apart from the first season at The Bridge) isn’t great to watch.
    Ranieri is still held in high regard with us at Chelsea though.

Blog Entries
    “ Young Jose was great at Chelsea & all his comments were said with a glint in his eye, but as he has matured he has become more gumpy / fractious & fallen out of favour with a lot of fans.“

Indeed personally as far as i am concerned he is just another ex manager albeit one that brought a lot of success to my club but i agree now just an uninteresting, grumpy and finger wagging misery and it is never his fault.

It was squeaky bum time after the start of the second half but we hung on. Still a roller coaster as ever but it's getting a little better.

PS.
    That young Arsenal lad Joe Willock is quite a decent player.

Last edited by sickie; 6th February 2021 at 18:08.

Mike Dean reaffirming why he’s the No 1 referee again. Absolutely shocking decision to send off West Hams best player in the 93 rd minute.
    At least the panel on Sky have called him out on it .

Master
    He is the Special One