closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Apropos of not your post above (it just reminded me), after years thinking BR was essentially a shiny toothed narcissist, I'm coming round to the idea that he is or has become a half decent coach.
    Lols

He’s only good when we’re winning!

Check out the deluded Brendan stuff on Twitter - hilarious

https://twitter.com/deludedbrendan/s...827424775?s=21

Master
    Nice to see West Ham handle and control a tie that would have been a nailed on cert for cup exit yesterday!
    In other good football news my German team Hertha BSC have at last waved goodbye to the poisonous Preetz. We hope for a return from Pal Dardai to steady the ship. Auf geht's Hertha!

I feel sorry for Newcastle. They were woeful last night (although the mighty Villa are continuing to play well) and should never have taken on Bruce. I hated him at Villa, he had some great players and either ignored many of them (Hourihane and Lansbury, for example) or would stick 5'10" Scott Hogan, a poacher striker needing supply and bought from Brentford where he flourished in a 4-4-2, 30 yards clear of the midfield and marked by a couple of tall centre halves to have the ball lumped up to him to try to do something with. It was embarrasing. The media supported him, stories of him always inviting journalists or commentators for lunch or a drink or whatever, and at the time he was being praised for regrouping and steadying Villa after years of hovering just above the relegation zone. Truth is we probably spent the most amount of money ever building a Championship team, cherrypicking the best players from other teams, only to watch him set us up to defend and lump the ball upfield. Smith has been a revalation for Villa. Newcastle need rid of Bruce as soon as possible, they have some excellent players but it's not going to get any better with him there.
    "A man of little significance"

I've given up even looking to see what team he picks because every time we play I just shudder and think wt hell. I seriously have no interest and I never ever thought I'd feel this way. It just get's worse every season but Bruce is the worst we've ever had along with Joe kinnear, Steve McClaren, ect ect
    Totally soul destroying.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

What a great FA cup game, and a great result for United. Fernandez is some player.

Master
    Agree great game it could of gone either way, Utd were more clinical though and took our chances

Liverpool definitely missed a trick not getting cover at the back its definitely costing them I always remember Fergie making a big signing after winning the league as if to send a message I know Liverpool have been unlucky with injuries but surely they should of kept lovren or got cover at the back the youngster Williams had a tough day

Arteta picked such a poor team on Saturday, knew we lost before the game even started. I really don't understand his logic, we won't win the PL, hell we won't even come in the top 4-6. So why play such a weak team in the FA cup. We could have had a good cup run to gloss over a terrible season (like last season). I really don't understand it at all.

Willian and Pepe are also a disgrace to Arsenal, they have been dropped recently and got another chance and instead of going for it they both just wandered around doing nothing. Such a waste of money for both of them. Nkeith is also not a PL player.

Lots of rumours that Frank Lampard is to be sacked today despite the FA cup win.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Lots of rumours that Frank Lampard is to be sacked today despite the FA cup win.
    Now on the BBC website.

Jake

Benitez left the Chinese club over the weekend, oh gawd not again.
    I think we’re going the German route this time, possibly Rangnick rather than Tuchel but did hear rumours about Nagelsmann of Leipzig turning us down a few weeks ago.

All part of the fun of being a Chelsea fan.

Master
    Paging Avram Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant;[URL="tel:5654371"
    5654371[/URL]]Paging Avram Grant
    We always expect the unexpected at Chelsea even Avram coming back, or BBC as Harry Redknapp used to call him. (His primary job was Bibs, Balls and Cones)

Blog Entries
    One run of bad form and you’re out

Par for the course in the PL

Master
    Rumour is Tuchel to be appointed

Jesse Lingard being pursued by West Ham.

Could be a good signing.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Lampard knew it was a lions den when he entered, he did have a good first season with no transfers, but then went to the other extreme buying so much then having trouble fitting them all in and keeping everyone happy, which is probably the hardest part!

Guessing he'll walk out of the door with £10-15m, so won't have trouble putting food on the table for his expanding family!

Master
    He's been bobbins for United for around two years now...utterly inept. Scared of the ball and clueless with it.

Maybe a new start will benefit him, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Could be a good signing.
    Why . Are you short on ball boys ?

Unless you're owner is Mike Ashley
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    One run of bad form and you’re out

Par for the course in the PL

Blog Entries
    Yep with Tuchal in and as a CFC supporter of 60 yrs sad but not surprised he was not cutting it same old same old , lack of tactics,subs and i reckon man management they have been seriously IMO an unattractive team to watch but will the new guy with no EPL experience cut it? if you fail in the third rate French league who knows and with Benitez leaving China would that have been a better move IMO all day.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

It was too soon for both Frank and Chelsea. He should have stayed at Derby and tried to make his name by getting them promoted to the PL.

Agreed.
    I think what Stephen Gerrard is doing with Ranger's is the way to go for any new and upcoming manager.
    Being a great footballer dosn't make you an instant great manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It was too soon for both Frank and Chelsea. He should have stayed at Derby and tried to make his name by getting them promoted to the PL.

Master

Could be a good signing.
    He's only a young player apparently. Lots of time to improve lol

Craftsman
    I almost dropped my Liverpool mug yesterday.... So to be sure I'm moving it to more of a mid-table position...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Unless you're owner is Mike Ashley

Would Benitez return?

Could be a good signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Why . Are you short on ball boys ?

I don't know what he was like recently as he never played but he always impressed me for Manure and England.

I do have faith in Moyes as all of his signings especially from the lower leagues have been excellent.

We'll see.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

I highly doubt it as long as MA is the owner. He simply won't spend any money or upgrade the training area which was why Benitez left in the first place.
    He didn't want massive amounts of money and he didn't want Jolinton. 40 million that would of been much better spent by Benitez.
    Training facilities we're one of his biggest concerns more than the money I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Would Benitez return?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Interesting that Tuchel was only given an 18 month contract

I don't know what he was like recently as he never played but he always impressed me for Manure and England.

I do have faith in Moyes as all of his signings especially from the lower leagues have been excellent.

We'll see.
    Not exactly where we need to strengthen but given the current form I'm willing to put my trust in Moyes!

Really hope we're in for a back-up striker though. Antonio is always one tackle away from a long spell on the sidelines and there is no plan b, particularly if we want to go for the double this season

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Interesting that Tuchel was only given an 18 month contract
    Wasn't Frank on an 18-month contract?
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Wasn't Frank on an 18-month contract?
    2 years with an optional third year apparently. The option wasn’t taken up after the first year which was seen as a bit of a sign...

It’s astounding that dinosaurs like Allardyce are still given chances at a Premier League club.

Jose Mourinho, Mikel Arteta, Jurgen Klopp and Steve Bruce entered a pub. Jose bought them all a drink. Once they had finished, Arteta got a round in. Then Klopp put his hand in his pocket. Then Steve Bruce got the beers in.

Once they'd all consumed 4 beers, Jose went to the bar, bought a drink for himself only, and sat at the table. They all looked at him before Arteta said "Excuse me Jose. What about us?"

Jose looked at them and said, "Sorry lads. This is the fifth round and none of you are in it."

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Not exactly where we need to strengthen but given the current form I'm willing to put my trust in Moyes!

Really hope we're in for a back-up striker though. Antonio is always one tackle away from a long spell on the sidelines and there is no plan b, particularly if we want to go for the double this season
    He's looking at a few strikers, we'll have to wait and see.

4th place in the PL - not too shabby!

Obviously the double is the target.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

We'll see.
    Moyes is living up to his earlier years at Everton . I think he took the Utd job far too soon but he has recovered well after his stint there and in Spain .
    That alone should make him steer clear of JLingz :)

Blog Entries
    2 years with an optional third year apparently. The option wasn’t taken up after the first year which was seen as a bit of a sign...
    Lampard was on a 3 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Lampard was on a 3 year contract
    I think that’s what I said, just that the third year was optional for Chelsea to take up (or not as it was expected to have been triggered before now). Since they didn’t take up the option I understand they’ll only have to pay Frank 6 months severance.

Mind, it’s not like they couldn’t afford the extra payout if it was 18 months they were paying out anyhow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glory Glory Sheffield United!

Glory Glory Sheffield United!
    How many Premier League goals have Liverpool scored in 2021? I think it’s one less than one isn’t it?

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This aged well

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    How many Premier League goals have Liverpool scored in 2021? I think it’s one less than one isn’t it?
    The same number as the points that the blades chalked up yesterday.

Master
    I don't think Sevvy gives a sh!t Middo, he's a City fan I think

Certainly am. Don’t really go in for gloating as a rule as results will always come back and bite you on the arse but happy to make a rare exception given how sanctimonious most Liverpool fans are, especially Middo.

I’m surprised City are where they are. Aguero hasn’t even had 90 minutes on the pitch all season and Jesus not much more so I’m delighted. That said the trip to Anfield next weekend where we’ve won diddly squat will I’m sure give Middo the chance to get his own back.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Considering the lack of all about striker, you can’t be too upset with city so far.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ahh thought he was a ManU with his post.

It's because everyone hates Liverpool and Liverpool fans ;)

Good win last night but Matip out again, Fabinho was out injured...no way in a million years Liverpool will win the league unless they do buy a central defender, Jiota comes back and the whole team starts playing somewhere near their best. I can see City getting a comfortable win at Anfield with the current situation.

Ahh thought he was a ManU with his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    It's because everyone hates Liverpool and Liverpool fans ;)

Good win last night but Matip out again, Fabinho was out injured...no way in a million years Liverpool will win the league unless they do buy a central defender, Jiota comes back and the whole team starts playing somewhere near their best. I can see City getting a comfortable win at Anfield with the current situation.
    I don’t hate Liverpool. I’m from St Helens and have lots of friends who are Liverpool fans. I’m a big fan of Klopp. He’s changed the mentality at the club. He also lives near my mum and sister and he’s always a top bloke when he’s in the village, always has time for people.

City have to replace Aguero. His age is catching up with him. It’s remarkable we are where we are without recognised striker for so many games. I’m hoping Haaland’s connection to City through his dad will bring him to the club. Can you imagine what he’d be capable of with the midfield players of City behind him.

I always thought it was just a matter of time before City clicked into gear - that's why it was important for Liverpool to win their 'easier' games in January. That didn't happen because we just didn't play well enough or create or take the chances. City still have the best squad by far - your subs would get into other first teams.

Haaland would be a great addition for City (or any team). As an aside, I remember the horrific tackle from Keane on his dad all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I don’t hate Liverpool. I’m from St Helens and have lots of friends who are Liverpool fans. I’m a big fan of Klopp. He’s changed the mentality at the club. He also lives near my mum and sister and he’s always a top bloke when he’s in the village, always has time for people.

City have to replace Aguero. His age is catching up with him. It’s remarkable we are where we are without recognised striker for so many games. I’m hoping Haaland’s connection to City through his dad will bring him to the club. Can you imagine what he’d be capable of with the midfield players of City behind him.

Just seen the team Steve Bruce has put out against Everton. Another loss on the card's by the look's of thing's.