Forest we’re just before my time and the dominant Liverpool of the 80s I can’t recall too much about as I was born 76 so only my teenage years.

Regards fergie I agree regards the lack of European silverware and I’m sure it grated on him how good that Barcelona side when utd were in there pomp.

I personally do feel and please dont get ultra defensive as most of my other Scouse friends do when I say the European ban after heysel did impact along with the silly rule when we did return of only allowing 3 European players

I vividly recall getting hammered by Barcelona 4-0 ironically pep played along with Romario stoicjkov and co and fergie left schmeichel out as 1 of the 3 and played Gary Walsh in goal who later recited the below

'For some reason (Simply Red frontman) Mick Hucknall had taken part in shooting practice,' Walsh tells Sportsmail. 'He put one past me. The shot went straight through me. I was just praying Alex hadn't seen it.'

That tells you everything !!!

pla
Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
Can’t argue with Fergie being number 1. The silver wear at United and also won the European cup with Aberdeen.

Only negative could have been his premiership dominance didn’t translate into European games.

Paisley - 19 trophies in 5 years and 3 of them European cups.

His negative is Shank had already laid the foundations and his was a continuation of that.

Clough- from 2nd tier football to back to back European cups.

Negative it all fell away after a few years.

Also ;

Wenger
Mourinho
Ancelotti

I’m sure there’s more obscure coaches too that have worked wonders.