closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1326

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I’ll let you buy me a pre-match beer to drown my sorrows before the inevitable humping!
    LOL. There's confidence in action. I think it can go either way but I don't think it will be a thumping by either side. Regards drinking in the Wembley area, the Green Man is designated Chelsea but was sold out virtually immediately so we missed out on that one. I guess this means you'll have the Torch but I don't know what their capacity or policy is. We usually drink in Watford beforehand and get a late train in but there's a replacement bus service in operation on that line. Don't know how many pubs in Wembley area have outside seating but guess it will be difficult anywhere around there. The only saving grace, ironically, is the much lessened capacity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Very disappointing result for the Hammers, need to win all final 3 games now
    Indeed it was but take comfort you can probably do a transport share with the Spuds going to the arse end of nowhere on a Thursday night
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Indeed it was but take comfort you can probably do a transport share with the Spuds going to the arse end of nowhere on a Thursday night
    The EL is a killer for clubs with smaller squads. It's fine for the likes of a Man Utd and Chelsea, but most seasons it kills the performance in the PL: Burnley, Wolves, Everton etc and these clubs are unlikely to win the thing anyway.

I would rather Everton finish 8th than any higher and qualify, or even worse have to go through 3 rounds of qualification for a second or third tier European competition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    LOL. There's confidence in action. I think it can go either way but I don't think it will be a thumping by either side. Regards drinking in the Wembley area, the Green Man is designated Chelsea but was sold out virtually immediately so we missed out on that one. I guess this means you'll have the Torch but I don't know what their capacity or policy is. We usually drink in Watford beforehand and get a late train in but there's a replacement bus service in operation on that line. Don't know how many pubs in Wembley area have outside seating but guess it will be difficult anywhere around there. The only saving grace, ironically, is the much lessened capacity.
    As part of this events testing thing I am required to travel on a coach with the great unwashed! I’ll probably be forced to drink over priced fizzy cr@p on the concourse

To think…. My son and I were giddy with excitement when we snagged tickets!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The EL is a killer for clubs with smaller squads. It's fine for the likes of a Man Utd and Chelsea, but most seasons it kills the performance in the PL: Burnley, Wolves, Everton etc and these clubs are unlikely to win the thing anyway.

I would rather Everton finish 8th than any higher and qualify, or even worse have to go through 3 rounds of qualification for a second or third tier European competition.
    I agree, and no chance our owners will splash the cash to improve the squad depth, will just lead to more injuries.

Blog Entries
    As part of this events testing thing I am required to travel on a coach with the great unwashed! I’ll probably be forced to drink over priced fizzy cr@p on the concourse

The weird thing I heard from a Man City supporter ahead of the league cup final was they had secured carriages on trains so they could travel in a bubble to Euston but then had to each make their own way from there to Wembley.
    Last edited by BSB; 10th May 2021 at 13:33.

Blog Entries
    The weird thing I heard from a Man City supporter ahead of the league cup final was they had secured carriages on trains so they could travel in a bubble to Euston but then had to each make their own way from their to Wembley.
    Yep - heard that too! Seems a bit of a rigmarole!

Blog Entries
    Yep - heard that too! Seems a bit of a rigmarole!
    What's frightening about your reply is that you quoted me and I noticed I had mis-spelled 'there' at the end. I'm appalled with myself.

Blog Entries
    What's frightening about your reply is that you quoted me and I noticed I had mis-spelled 'there' at the end. I'm appalled with myself.
    It’s a sign! Means Chelsea will lose Saturday…. Felling better now :-)

Master
    And sod Man Utd fans…. A weakened side v Liverpool on Thursday is now completely inevitable
    You got the day and team wrong. Should be good news for your top 4 hopes.

I don't think you're allowed to consume anything indoors until next Monday so don't get too excited.

Left a message with my mate saying I've got two tickets for Chelsea Leicester next Tue night and he called me back today saying he's snagged a couple of comps for the final in the posh seats so see you there!
    Happy days!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks like Leicester have been given a good opportunity to take the points tonight...

Wonder if the same will be afforded to Liverpool too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    You got the day and team wrong. Should be good news for your top 4 hopes.
    Apparently I did!

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I don't think you're allowed to consume anything indoors until next Monday so don't get too excited.

Left a message with my mate saying I've got two tickets for Chelsea Leicester next Tue night and he called me back today saying he's snagged a couple of comps for the final in the posh seats so see you there!
    Happy days!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app
    Enjoy your big day out (and other such platitudes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Looks like Leicester have been given a good opportunity to take the points tonight...

Wonder if the same will be afforded to Liverpool too?
    Not a chance!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome Man City fans

We basically won the league for you!

Apparently I did!

Enjoy your big day out (and other such platitudes!)

Not a chance!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome Man City fans

We basically won the league for you!
    Thanks Ben , and Leicester of course .
    I put some money on your lot winning the FA Cup at the beginning . Got a cash out offer but I’m going to stick with it .
    Got a half decent chance of a package with the club to see the final of a competition I really don’t care for . I’m going because it seems like ages since I was away with the boys for a football match.

FFS not again!

Signed Leicester City Football Club

On an equally mischievous note say Liverpool get 4th, Chelsea get 5th and beat Man City in the CL final. Max 4 English clubs in the CL so Liverpool would miss out! Liverpool basically need Leicester to finish 5th

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I put some money on your lot winning the FA Cup at the beginning . Got a cash out offer but I’m going to stick with it .
    Got a half decent chance of a package with the club to see the final of a competition I really don’t care for . I’m going because it seems like ages since I was away with the boys for a football match.
    Cash out mate!!!

You’re off to Portugal? That’s amazing…. Have a blast…!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    FFS not again!

On an equally mischievous note say Liverpool get 4th, Chelsea get 5th and beat Man City in the CL final. Max 4 English clubs in the CL so Liverpool would miss out! Liverpool basically need Leicester to finish 5th

Ooh yeah…. That wouldn’t be hilarious would it???!!!!

Blog Entries
    Don't expect it to be a traditional lads' day out. Not now they've announced that in order to attend the game, you have to travel in a club bubble where you'll be in and out within the day. Experience says such trips will have dry planes. No chance of staying over. Of course, they couldn't have told us this with the initial announcement of the move to Porto so, my mate and I have shelled out over 800 quid each on a three day trip with direct flights that will now preclude us from taking up our tickets and attending the game. Breweries and drinkie-poos spring to mind.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    FFS not again!

There were 5 English teams in the CL a few years ago. Premier League gets 4 places, you win the CL and finish outside the top 4 you get a place, now you win the Europa league and finish outside the top 4 you get a place as well.
    Premier league has the potential for 6 teams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    There were 5 English teams in the CL a few years ago. Premier League gets 4 places, you win the CL and finish outside the top 4 you get a place, now you win the Europa league and finish outside the top 4 you get a place as well.
    Premier league has the potential for 6 teams.
    That all changed years ago regarding winning it from outside the top 4. Remember 2012 when Chelsea finished 6th and won it so Spurs who'd finished 4th missed out.

UEFA doesn't want teams to leave to form a new league, everyone is quick to make it clear it's about the fans. Champions League final between two English teams can't take place in England because the government won't let in the 2,000 people UEFA insist must be there. So now 12,000 fans are paying a load of cash to fly to Portugal for the day instead of travelling to Wemberley. I wonder what the environmental impact is of all the extra journeys to Portugal? Completely ridiculous.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    UEFA doesn't want teams to leave to form a new league, everyone is quick to make it clear it's about the fans. Champions League final between two English teams can't take place in England because the government won't let in the 2,000 people UEFA insist must be there. So now 12,000 fans are paying a load of cash to fly to Portugal for the day instead of travelling to Wemberley. I wonder what the environmental impact is of all the extra journeys to Portugal? Completely ridiculous.
    Indeed. LOL - UEFA - the caring face of football. Sponsors and brown envelopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    UEFA doesn't want teams to leave their CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, they were never going to "reward" / be pragmatic / apply common sense and move the final to Wembley (the pain and cost of Baku still hurts), Portugal lets them show who's boss/ in control / stick fingers up at 2 of the EPL proposers/ members. The fans are always the last consideration, UEFA are always going to prioritising the corporates who fill those brown envelopes it's in their nature (I presume the local "entertainment" is cheaper than London).

If they'd sold EPL as move away from UEFA, were clear on the messaging "yes we get more money direct, but also we can share better money with those outside the big 6/ grass routes etc" rather than the corporate landgrab approach there might have been support rather than pushback from fans and other clubs as they did the groundwork with them behind the scenes. It's like getting anything through the Board I make sure the groundwork is done so I know it's going to go through rather than pitch up and go "so you funkwits sign this off it's a no brainer!" UEFA new version of CHUMPS league is even more dullness (guaranteed 10 matches) which will make the EPL suffer even more juggling and bending over to accommodate the overlords...
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 14th May 2021 at 10:46. Reason: frothing rage and boiling piss affukting spooling

Not the best day for Celtic. First Rangers end up unbeaten and equal the fewest goals conceded record. Then 'Judas' Brendan Rogers wins the FA Cup final on the same day and in the post match interview calls out to ex-Rangers Andy King in the stands

Craftsman
    Great win for Leeds today.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Holy sh!t Alis....sooooooooon........

Craftsman
    Far from a Liverpool fan but that’s great for him after recent events

The Tranmere-supporting ref had a great game, not.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    The Tranmere-supporting ref had a great game, not.
    The WBA ‘second’ goal highlights again the huge farce that is VAR .
    The linesman flagged for offside, when he was clearly 2 yards on and they try to justify it saying Allison’s view was probably blocked .
    Chuffed for him for the goal he scored though .

That all changed years ago regarding winning it from outside the top 4. Remember 2012 when Chelsea finished 6th and won it so Spurs who'd finished 4th missed out.
    Revised since. If Chelsea win the CLF and finish outside the top 4, five teams would qualify. Fourth place wouldn’t have qualified had Arsenal competed in the final vs Man United and won the Europa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd time lucky in a week attending a match this time at Stamford Bridge last night.

I've missed it all so much, missed sitting in a pub with my best mates before the game, missed the laughs, missed the beer, missed getting on to public transport, missed queuing up outside the turnstiles, missed the beautiful green pitch under floodlights, missed clapping my team out onto the pitch, missed singing out loud, missed shouting abuse at the referee, missed the absolute joy when a goal hits the back of the net, missed hugging my mates, missed hugging random strangers, missed feeling absolutely pi55ed off when the other team scores, missed the relief at the final whistle, missed traveling home and listening to callers on the radio who haven't got a clue dissecting the game, missed getting home and my wife asking did we have a good game whilst not really giving a 5hit one way or the other, missed going to bed reliving the the laughs and the great night I've just had.
    Don't miss VAR, that can **** OFF!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    2nd time lucky in a week attending a match this time at Stamford Bridge last night.

I've missed it all so much, missed sitting in a pub with my best mates before the game, missed the laughs, missed the beer, missed getting on to public transport, missed queuing up outside the turnstiles, missed the beautiful green pitch under floodlights, missed clapping my team out onto the pitch, missed singing out loud, missed shouting abuse at the referee, missed the absolute joy when a goal hits the back of the net, missed hugging my mates, missed hugging random strangers, missed feeling absolutely pi55ed off when the other team scores, missed the relief at the final whistle, missed traveling home and listening to callers on the radio who haven't got a clue dissecting the game, missed getting home and my wife asking did we have a good game whilst not really giving a 5hit one way or the other, missed going to bed reliving the the laughs and the great night I've just had.
    Don't miss VAR, that can **** OFF!!!

- - - Updated - - -
    It was a great night, Vic. Love the new Timo song.

Blog Entries
    It was a great night, Vic. Love the new Timo song.
    Excellent result let’s hope it will carry onto the Villa game and beyond that to Porto.

BTW Daniel Amartey thanks for our “team talk “and hope you enjoy Thursday night football next season
    Last edited by mart broad; 19th May 2021 at 13:18.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    Excellent result let’s hope it will carry onto the Villa game and beyond that to Porto.

BTW Daniel Amartey thanks for our “team talk “and hope you enjoy Thursday night football next season
    The atmosphere was superb. Less than a quarter capacity but everyone seemed so happy to be back they made enough noise for for a full house.

On another note, so relieved to see that Chelsea are able to sell CL Final tickets to those travelling separately from the club, having, like so many others, booked direct flights and a hotel for three nights at greatly inflated prices. My mate and I have more than enough loyalty points to get on the first tranche of sales tomorrow morning. Also, what a fantastic gesture by Sheikh Monsour to pay the flight and transfer costs for all their fans.

The only negative is the enormous amount of protocol to be aware of to travel at this time but I'm sure, win or lose, it will be worth it.

Blog Entries

@bigvic - agree with everything you said!

Mart - it was pretty poor on his part - not very classy…

Can’t believe that Perez missed that sitter - he can get in the bin

It would have been a travesty if we’d got anything out the game…. Despite the blatant dive for the peno

Reguilon's own goal today was probably one of the best goals Spurs' scored all season :( depressing season

Top 6 now in our own hands and all achieved on a shoestring relative to other teams. No bought in success for us which will have suited the owners as they don't like putting their hands in their pockets!

COYI

Craftsman
    Top 6 now in our own hands and all achieved on a shoestring relative to other teams. No bought in success for us which will have suited the owners as they don't like putting their hands in their pockets!

COYI
    I agree, fantastic season despite the owners (lack of) efforts.

Last night’s game was rather stressful but we should be used to that by now!

Master

COYI
    Shoestring, really?

https://www.90min.com/posts/european...city-barcelona

Not saying it hasn’t been a good season, but maybe it just highlights the previous years under achievements.

Blog Entries
    Excellent! Managed to secure our tickets at the only reasonable price available - £60 each. After that they go up to £154.50, £386.50 and £515 respectively. That wouldn't be nice after having to pay hiked-up prices for the direct flights, hotels and COVID tests.

Master
    Excellent! Managed to secure our tickets at the only reasonable price available - £60 each. After that they go up to £154.50, £386.50 and £515 respectively. That wouldn't be nice after having to pay hiked-up prices for the direct flights, hotels and COVID tests.
    In the “lottery” for the day trip to Porto. Not looking very promising as a member rather than season ticket holder and all tickets sold out on the CFC website. Even with the mid priced tickets it’s not a bad deal.

Patiently waiting just in case or will have to be on a TV somewhere

Chelsea have sold out , haven’t they ?
    City’s ticket office couldn’t be any further from the way the rest of the club is run. It’s farcical , a loyalty point system that actually had a loophole in it this morning allowing fans with a qualifying number of points to purchase tickets for friends and family who didn’t !! After this was closed, they then had to backtrack on people who had booked PCR tests along with flights, hotels etc. This is only one of the constant cock ups . I still haven’t had my confirmation so I can’t book anything else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    In the “lottery” for the day trip to Porto. Not looking very promising as a member rather than season ticket holder and all tickets sold out on the CFC website. Even with the mid priced tickets it’s not a bad deal.

Patiently waiting just in case or will have to be on a TV somewhere

Very best of luck, Nige. It's an anxious wait. The club's flights are very reasonably priced but I just didn't fancy the in-and-out in a day. There had been the threat of such flights being the only options at one point but thankfully, the Portuguese authorities relented in the end.

Chelsea have sold out , haven’t they ?
    City’s ticket office couldn’t be any further from the way the rest of the club is run. It’s farcical , a loyalty point system that actually had a loophole in it this morning allowing fans with a qualifying number of points to purchase tickets for friends and family who didn’t !! After this was closed, they then had to backtrack on people who had booked PCR tests along with flights, hotels etc. This is only one of the constant cock ups . I still haven’t had my confirmation so I can’t book anything else.
    Don't think for a second that our ticket office cannot compete with others in the inefficiency category. Many's the time when an important game has gone on sale when the most loyal of followers are still away attending a game and the virtual waiting room can test the patience of a saint. CFC have indeed sold out other than the packages that will go into today's ballot. Best of luck with obtaining the confirmation!

Very best of luck, Nige. It's an anxious wait. The club's flights are very reasonably priced but I just didn't fancy the in-and-out in a day. There had been the threat of such flights being the only options at one point but thankfully, the Portuguese authorities relented in the end.

Don't think for a second that our ticket office cannot compete with others in the inefficiency category. Many's the time when an important game has gone on sale when the most loyal of followers are still away attending a game and the virtual waiting room can test the patience of a saint. CFC have indeed sold out other than the packages that will go into today's ballot. Best of luck with obtaining the confirmation!
    I’m in !!
    Got two tickets for myself and my daughter . Not the ones I wanted but they will more than do .
    The owner is paying for the flights . Not sure of the transfer / fanzone situation but hoping for a bit of free time to explore Porto.
    Also got my ticket through for Sunday to see the Premier League trophy return home .

Blog Entries
    I’m in !!
    Got two tickets for myself and my daughter . Not the ones I wanted but they will more than do .
    The owner is paying for the flights . Not sure of the transfer / fanzone situation but hoping for a bit of free time to explore Porto.
    Also got my ticket through for Sunday to see the Premier League trophy return home .
    Congratulations Lee! Does that mean you're in and out on the day? If so, that makes the testing a lot easier. If you do hear anything about how to book in the city, probably through either Synlab or Unilabs, let me know. It's a minefield to navigate online. They don't seem to get back to enquiries left on their websites, don't answer the phone or, it's an automated message in Portuguese. I have also downloaded the Synlab app just to find it doesn't offer Porto-based facilities in the drop down box for some reason. I've wasted hours on it so far. Still, everything else appears sorted now.

Master
    The Premier League trophy to return to its temporary rented accommodation I assume you meant to write?

Blog Entries
    I’m in !!
    Nice one Lee…. Great news!!!

It meant a lot to me to get hold of Wembley tickets…. In many ways I enjoyed it more than the Premier league win as I had zero expectations and the feeling you get on a one off game with the highs, lows and eventually elation was something else…. Limbs flying everywhere!

You will be there on a day when when your club could win the biggun! Enjoy it!

Master
    The first Premier League win, after so many years, was well beyond any cup final for me.

Surely LCFC winning the League trumped everything, no? Best team in England?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post

Surely LCFC winning the League trumped everything, no? Best team in England?
    Of course it does! I was too wracked with nerves to enjoy it as much as I might have done…! It was all a bit overwhelming.…. I loved everything that surrounded though…. Going to down the ground when we won, The Everton game and the big celebration at Vicky park…

I was a lot more relaxed for the FA cup (until the last 20 mins!) as I had no expectation…. It was great fun to be back in a stadium bouncing round like a loon!

Master
    In other news Atletico win La Liga with Suarez scoring the winning goal to clinch it. I imagine his middle finger will be pointed towards Barcelona for days to come :-)

Master
    Well chuffed with that