closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Congratulations on the baby

I seriously can't think that any player from Newcastle United can be happy with what Steve Bruce has them playing like. It's atrocious. I know benitez was defensive but this is ridiculous.
    His mentality is something like let the other team keep the ball and maybe we'll counter attack one or two time's and see what happens.

Obviously I wouldn't want you to name the player but it would be interesting on his opinion of what's going on in that team's mind right now. I highly doubt it's all Rose's and harmony.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Id rather not, but the situation you describe is not unlike our lot. The way in which Mourinho is setting up the Spurs team is now destroying a season for which we have the squad to properly contest.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 28th December 2020 at 21:32.

Everton v City called off with 5 more players and staff from City confirmed with COVID.
    Surely this puts Newcastle and Arsenal in the frame too ?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Everton v City called off with 5 more players and staff from City confirmed with COVID.
    Surely this puts Newcastle and Arsenal in the frame too ?
    Bugger. I was looking forward to that later on. I think despite a few decent results we are still too inconsistent and are certainly not good enough for a top 4 finish. I doubt we would have beaten City and I think they need to spend in January if at all possible.

Master
    Serious question .
    Why does your earnings dictate your fatigue ?
    Not a pop at your post , but it’s regurgitated over and over that Player X earns Y000s per week so he’s immune from any criticism.
    It’s a lazy narrative that seems to infest football particularly .
    Sorry, not immune to , but subject to !
    I was only jesting - the salaries are irrelevant and have no impact on fatigue

My point was that there are some crazy scores going around and surely it must be down to fatigue and the volume of games being played

Chelsea played incredibly well last night to restrict us to a 1-1 draw but we really should have been taking all three points from a team below us.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Chelsea played incredibly well last night to restrict us to a 1-1 draw but we really should have been taking all three points from a team below us.

Blog Entries
    Everybody laughed very hard at the amount you paid for Watkins…. He looks like a cracking player

You’re quietly having a cracking season…. Dark horses for a top 4 spot

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Everybody laughed very hard at the amount you paid for Watkins…. He looks like a cracking player

You’re quietly having a cracking season…. Dark horses for a top 4 spot
    It's interesting we were linked so heavily with Benrahma and yet we ended up playing almost 50% more for Watkins instead. He's a blinding player. Not as many goals so far as you might have thought from our eight or nine wins but he's a very large contributing factor in our midfield scoring so well. I wouldn't go so far as to say top four but certainly top ten. You may have noticed we now have Craig Shakespeare as assistant manager.

Well it was probably undeserved...but I’ll take 3 points for United!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Well it was probably undeserved...but I’ll take 3 points for United!
    We need them in the bank, 2021’s fixtures look tougher to me. Has United played and beaten a top team yet? Everton?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    We need them in the bank, 2021’s fixtures look tougher to me. Has United played and beaten a top team yet? Everton?
    Come back tomorrow after you've played Villa.

Craftsman
    Well that 5-0 loss to Leeds....at home has just enhanced our relegation prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Well that 5-0 loss to Leeds....at home has just enhanced our relegation prospects.
    But at least you did score one goal :-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    As a Leeds fan I enjoyed that, but I do think you didn’t look that bad before that awful own goal, it really seemed to deflate the team.
    We played the same as always, but this time most of our chances found the net for a change
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Cancelling games due to corona,so basically you’ve got one or two players out but you’re claiming there’s loads ,great excuse for a rest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel sorry for the 2,000 Everton fans who had a golden ticket for the City game. Bastard Govt have put us in tier 3 now so they won't be allowed in when the game is replayed.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Cancelling games due to corona,so basically you’ve got one or two players out but you’re claiming there’s loads ,great excuse for a rest .

Yeah
    Much better to play on and possibly infect the opposition .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well played the toon Army

What a dick of a comment. Fulham v Spurs off too due to COVID and Big Sam even saying there should be a break. But hey, City get all the favouritism despite being unbeaten since Spurs game and a postponement just adding to what will already be a hectic schedule.

The death rate is getting higher and the whole football league was suspended before but let’s just keep the games coming despite the obvious increase in risk.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    What a dick of a comment. Fulham v Spurs off too due to COVID and Big Sam even saying there should be a break. But hey, City get all the favouritism despite being unbeaten since Spurs game and a postponement just adding to what will already be a hectic schedule.

The death rate is getting higher and the whole football league was suspended before but let’s just keep the games coming despite the obvious increase in risk.
    There’s been loads of teams have players out with corona,soon as city have a couple they cancel game ,I wouldn’t trust a word they say and it obviously looks like Everton don’t.

There’s been loads of teams have players out with corona,soon as city have a couple they cancel game ,I wouldn’t trust a word they say and it obviously looks like Everton don’t.

There weren’t ‘ a couple’ of cases, there were five playing staff and at least two members of the back room team . Would you prefer it if the game continued, putting Evertons team in contact with players who might also be infected ?
    Where does it mention Everton disbelief in their statement ? It wasn’t the most sympathetic announcement but it seemed to me that they were simply asking for clarification of the decision, probably to placate the fans etc. who were due to attend. It was just whipped up by sensationalist media .
    I’m sure even the most ardent Everton fan would know that it would have been an ideal time for City to go to Goodison. Rucharlison, Digne and a number of their squad were out for the tie and City were on their best form of the season so far.
    City didn’t postpone the match, the FA/PL did. City contacted the authorities when the test results were returned and the decision was taken out of their hands.
    Care to mention the ‘ loads’ of teams that had players out and games continued?
    As biased as I am, I can’t think of anything City could’ve done differently so as not to upset such sensitive souls who need others to tell them what to believe.

Blog Entries
    It's interesting we were linked so heavily with Benrahma and yet we ended up playing almost 50% more for Watkins instead. He's a blinding player. Not as many goals so far as you might have thought from our eight or nine wins but he's a very large contributing factor in our midfield scoring so well. I wouldn't go so far as to say top four but certainly top ten. You may have noticed we now have Craig Shakespeare as assistant manager.
    Shakes…. A legend in these parts…. A cracking no.2 but not sure he could be the main man

The goals will come faster for Watkins, he has all the attributes to succeed in the PL

If I were a betting man, I’d say you’d be bound for European spots…. A transformation from last year…. Great additions and players improving give you a good team

What a strange comment. Like a lot of teams city have had a few players contract COVID-19 and it hasn’t affected their playing games. This time was different. Five players and a number of background staff. Possibly contracted at the hotel where they were made to go into Tier 4 London to play Arsenal. The media nonsense and some of the replies from armchair supporters reading lazy journalism have been astounding. Not once have I seen anyone wishing the players and staff well for their recovery or putting this in the context of tens of thousands being dead and the UK going into ever increasing Tiers and chaos. Nor have I seen anyone, apart from the EFC fans (I live in Liverpool) say it was the responsible thing to do by the PL. stop piling on and being silly. Grow up. I have been watching City for 52 years and could be accused of being biased. I can assure you in this case it is not bias. It’s being grown up. Try it. It may get you through the next few difficult months.......Hopefully you and your family stay safe and well.

Stories circulating that recent outbreak of infections that caused postponed games are a result of Kyle Walker throwing a Christmas party with over a dozen PL players in attendance.
    If it’s true then the book needs throwing at Walker, in particular, who’s already broken lockdown protocols but at the other players who were stupid enough not to say no and stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Stories circulating that recent outbreak of infections that caused postponed games are a result of Kyle Walker throwing a Christmas party with over a dozen PL players in attendance.
    If it’s true then the book needs throwing at Walker, in particular, who’s already broken lockdown protocols but at the other players who were stupid enough not to say no and stay at home.
    Careful
    Giving oxygen to mouth breathing Liverpool fans on Twitter can be dangerous.
    Considering the ‘#story ‘ was to break in The Sunday Mirror and the
    Chief football reporter Simon Mullock has already rubbished the claims , I wouldn’t be too hasty to condemn .

Come back tomorrow after you've played Villa.
    Well that was a great game, it could have gone either way!

Master
    Entertaining game that was delighted to win but credit to Villa they've made massive steps this season and played well - Grealish could take his pick of suitors what a player

While Im delighted to be right up there its a crazy season and I still don't think were serious contenders

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Well that was a great game, it could have gone either way!
    It would have been great had we won! But yes, no regrets on that one other than a couple of silly individual mistakes to concede goals and not taking our chances better. At least both goalies were made to make some cracking saves.

I'm getting a bit fed up with penalties. Barely a game goes by without some strong fit athletic type going down like a sack of King Eddie's because someone within 3 meters of him farted. A few seasons back the referees were cracking down on this and starting to book players for simulation, but now it seems every forward running into the box is waiting for someone to touch them so they can go to ground.

It is a contact sport afterall, but watching the likes of City, United and Chelsea etc you just know that they are planning on winning the game with a penalty and inverably it comes late on.

It's crap and I don't like it and it's ruining the game.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It is a contact sport afterall, but watching the likes of City, United and Chelsea etc you just know that they are planning on winning the game with a penalty and inverably it comes late on.
    Manchester City have had 3 for (and 4 against) this season according to this. Fewer than Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham and the same as Sheffield United.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Not bothered if someone gets a penalty that is a penalty. The clip doing the rounds on social media tonight of the one given for Pogba looks highly debatable. VAR should be sorting it out but seems not.

Journeyman
    Good game that.

Just as debatable was Tyrone Mings's elbow to Pogbas face that went unchecked and unpunished!

Oh and Grealish is a stupendously good player - a joy to watch.

I'm getting a bit fed up with penalties. Barely a game goes by without some strong fit athletic type going down like a sack of King Eddie's because someone within 3 meters of him farted. A few seasons back the referees were cracking down on this and starting to book players for simulation, but now it seems every forward running into the box is waiting for someone to touch them so they can go to ground.

City? Penalties? Have a check of the stats.

Nice win by the Irons last night to slow down Everton a bit.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    Up the Spurs, great result against a good attacking Leeds team.

I like it, teams close together, frequent changes in position, quite exciting.

United up t’top, quite surprising.

Hope Leeds stay up, United vs Leeds was always a big one in the calendar and I’d like it to stay.

Penalties, VAR, lack of rufty tufty, showman refs are spoiling it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’m not a Grealish fan, but he didn’t put a foot wrong last night. The Pogba penalty was a penalty. The defender knocked his legs together. Clear as day. Some others have been dubious this season, but that one was a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I’m not a Grealish fan, but he didn’t put a foot wrong last night. The Pogba penalty was a penalty. The defender knocked his legs together. Clear as day. Some others have been dubious this season, but that one was a pen.
    Have you seen the clip of him kicking his own leg? It's not as clear as it might first have looked.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    That’s how I saw it. The defender clipped him causing him to trip on his own legs.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    That’s how I saw it. The defender clipped him causing him to trip on his own legs.
    Rubbish
    Not long before , Pogba was berating Shaw for not going down in the box under a Villa challenge.
    He had to show him how to do it .
    VAR at the very least should’ve asked the-ref to review it on the screen, but chose not to .
    But wait. A Liverpool v Utd title tussle would drive up viewing figures worldwide , no ?

Master

Salah and latterly Mane are as bad as any if you want to look at the problem even-handedly, Minamino too on the odd occasion he plays. Totally agree with the sentiment though, way too much diving still, Kane is bad and Vardy goes down easy. Aguero on the other hand is one of the most honest strikers out there, I've regularly seen him stay up when others would be going for the forward triple somersault in the piked position.....

But wait. A Liverpool v Utd title tussle would drive up viewing figures worldwide , no ?
    That match is going to look like the Olympic Diving Final

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Referees and VAR are basically telling forwards if you feel physical contact and go down like you have just been shot with a sniper rifle from the main stand we will give you a penalty.

The Brighton v Wolves game on at present has had its fair share of tumbling forwards.

Master
    EXACTLY

The Leicester and City experiments didn't work. Not enough people watched. And that's why the Soros, the Deep State AND the Lizard People (who have special responsibility for Stockley Park referee 'education') have decided that United and Liverpool will contest the title this year and forever more.

Rubbish
    Not long before , Pogba was berating Shaw for not going down in the box under a Villa challenge.
    He had to show him how to do it .
    VAR at the very least should’ve asked the-ref to review it on the screen, but chose not to .
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Hahaha
    Great response .
    Now give Daddy back his internet thingy and off to bed .

Master
    Can’t see anything but a Liverpool title win again. We have had a horrific injury list the last couple
    of months and we are still top.

Everyone else lacking consistency and United are poor so expect them to tail off.

City have been dreadful after spending another 150mil in the summer.

Hope Everton can push on and finish top 4, be good to add another team into the mix to spice it up.

Master
    watching the likes of City, United and Chelsea etc you just know that they are planning on winning the game with a penalty and inverably it comes late on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    City? Penalties? Have a check of the stats.

OK. Challenge accepted!

Season 19/20, Manchester City were awarded 11 penalties in the league. Of these, 8 (73%) were in the first half.

Of the 3 in the second half, the latest was 86 minutes when Manchester City were already leading 3 - 0. The second latest was 62 minutes (or "just after the hour mark", as the commentators say).

I'll try and have a look at Chelsea later!

EDIT: Chelsea Season 19/20 (League). 7 penalties given. 5 (71%) first half. Latest was 78 minutes which was the winner - against Manchester City!
    Last edited by David_D; 3rd January 2021 at 16:02. Reason: Added

Master

Smile

Another tactical class from Lampard. Must be taxi time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Another tactical class from Lampard. Must be taxi time for him.
    I see Stevie G's boys gave the hoops a kicking yesterday. Have you lot conceded the title yet or are you doing a Donald Trump

Master
    I see Stevie G's boys gave the hoops a kicking yesterday. Have you lot conceded the title yet or are you doing a Donald Trump
    Lennon still says it isn’t over. It is, you fool. We need to start building for next season now. Lennon and Kennedy need to go. The squad needs to be overhauled, but no point until Lennon is shown the door. I want him to walk away.

Meanwhile, let’s enjoy showing Pep showing Lamps what it’s like to be a proper boss.