closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1326

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Very best of luck, Nige. It's an anxious wait. The club's flights are very reasonably priced but I just didn't fancy the in-and-out in a day. There had been the threat of such flights being the only options at one point but thankfully, the Portuguese authorities relented in the end.

Don't think for a second that our ticket office cannot compete with others in the inefficiency category. Many's the time when an important game has gone on sale when the most loyal of followers are still away attending a game and the virtual waiting room can test the patience of a saint. CFC have indeed sold out other than the packages that will go into today's ballot. Best of luck with obtaining the confirmation!
    Cheers fella!

Just received confirmation from Sportsbreak that I’m going. The natural pessimist in me is saying “call them Monday to be certain” I’m sure there will be loads of Members that have more points than me, so am not counting my chickens just yet.

Completely agree about our Ticket Office shenanigans. Bloody virtual waiting room is an absolute joke. Being based in the midlands these days meant away days were our thing. Struggled to get any away tickets via the official route since the £30 cap was introduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal going to finish above Spurs and get into whatever the European Conference League is.

What on earth happened to Tottenham?

Pleased for Leicester if they see this through. What would happen though if Chelsea beat City in the CL final?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal going to finish above Spurs and get into whatever the European Conference League is.

Pleased for Leicester if they see this through. What would happen though if Chelsea beat City in the CL final?

Well this aged well.....

Sergio - thank you. What an amazing 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Comes to something when i thank Spurs

Well done the irons
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman

Maybe not then...shocking season for Spurs. Glad it's over

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Cheers fella!

Just received confirmation from Sportsbreak that I’m going. The natural pessimist in me is saying “call them Monday to be certain” I’m sure there will be loads of Members that have more points than me, so am not counting my chickens just yet.

Completely agree about our Ticket Office shenanigans. Bloody virtual waiting room is an absolute joke. Being based in the midlands these days meant away days were our thing. Struggled to get any away tickets via the official route since the £30 cap was introduced.

Congratulations Nige!

Regards away games, we've been on the away scheme for donkey's years so go to every league game anyway but I've heard how hard it is to get tickets since the price cap came in. However, message me your details and if we ever have a spare I can contact you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and thank you Tottenham. First time I can remember saying that...

Blog Entries
    2nd best season in our history and I feel gutted…. Cheer up Wolfie!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh, and thank you Tottenham. First time I can remember saying that...
    They didn’t have to try very hard

And that gurning bell sniff Bale can get in the bin…

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    They didn’t have to try very hard

And that gurning bell sniff Bale can get in the bin…
    ouch

Master
    You know I always liked that Bale chap.....such s dedicated professional player, always 100% committed to whatever team he played for

Thank you Sp**s

Master
    Congratulations Nige!

Regards away games, we've been on the away scheme for donkey's years so go to every league game anyway but I've heard how hard it is to get tickets since the price cap came in. However, message me your details and if we ever have a spare I can contact you.
    Cheers. Will do

What a day today

Master
    Blog Entries

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    In other news Atletico win La Liga with Suarez scoring the winning goal to clinch it. I imagine his middle finger will be pointed towards Barcelona for days to come :-)
    Mad as he is, some player Barca must be kicking themselves.
    Last edited by Middo; 23rd May 2021 at 18:47.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As for us, a step backward this year, after throwing away a healthy lead early in the season. We just don’t have the depth to cover mass injuries.

Third is not too bad all things considered.

Wonder what the transfer market will bring, I wouldn’t mind Gini staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    As for us, a step backward this year, after throwing away a healthy lead early in the season. We just don’t have the depth to cover mass injuries.

Third is not too bad all things considered.

Wonder what the transfer market will bring, I wouldn’t mind Gini staying.
    No chance Gini is staying there has been constant talk of Jones being his replacement. I don’t expect major transfers coming in but a few will be leaving. I would like to see Phillips stay and Williams have a season on loan but something tells me it’s already been decided Phillips is on his way out.

U wot m8?

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    No chance Gini is staying there has been constant talk of Jones being his replacement. I don’t expect major transfers coming in but a few will be leaving. I would like to see Phillips stay and Williams have a season on loan but something tells me it’s already been decided Phillips is on his way out.
    Philips has done the job, he should be staying.
    Last edited by Middo; 23rd May 2021 at 23:25.

End of an era . Cheers Sergio .
    Plastic oil club fans thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Philips has some the job, he should be staying.
    Should be but I get the impression a conversation has been had and he is going. Considering the season he has had he may not want to be a reserve defender anyway.

Hate to see him go though and one player we should be doing everything to keep.

Master
    Great stuff from Aguero
    How much space did the Everton defence want to give him for the second goal though
    De Bruyne goal was fantastic.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

End of an era . Cheers Sergio .
    Plastic oil club fans thank you

Looks like the love child of Vardy and Owen.
    Last edited by Middo; 24th May 2021 at 18:02.

Master
    Finally this lacklustre season ends.

Man City, Leicester and Chelsea treading water (Chelsea massively underperformed - Werner can’t be that bad again next season), Man Utd a bit better but still don’t look like a team, Liverpool a huge 30 points down on last season - or looking at it another way they took 3 months off and still finished third. Klopp must take some responsibility for not moving Fabinho and/or Henderson back into midfield soon enough. Spurs and Villa look more like 1 (maybe 2) man teams than ever before. Everton, Arsenal, meh. Newcastle once again fail to get relegated - credit to Steve Bruce.

Both OGS and Arteta seem to have done enough to keep their jobs for another year, which will be good news for fans of the other teams. Hopefully we’ve finally seen the last of grumpy Big Sam, and perhaps Nuno can be persuaded to stay in the Premiership somewhere...

Thank goodness for Leeds!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Spurs and Villa look more like 1 (maybe 2) man teams than ever before.
    Emi Martinez is surely the best keeper in the Premier League this season, he's been immense.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Emi Martinez is surely the best keeper in the Premier League this season, he's been immense.
    His stats would say he isn't but agreed, he's very good.

Off to Europe for the Irons.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

His stats would say he isn't but agreed, he's very good.
    Of course it depends which stats you look at but he played every minute of the season, kept 15 clean sheets, 177 shots on target (Chelsea used three goalies this season, 18 clean sheets and 103 shots on target, Man City used three goalies, 19 clean sheets and 89 shots on target) and so on. Highest save % rate at 76.8%. He didn't score any goals though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Of course it depends which stats you look at but he played every minute of the season, kept 15 clean sheets, 177 shots on target (Chelsea used three goalies this season, 18 clean sheets and 103 shots on target, Man City used three goalies, 19 clean sheets and 89 shots on target) and so on. Highest save % rate at 76.8%. He didn't score any goals though.
    Indeed. For the record, Mendy played 31 of the games (well, 30.5 in reality) and kept 16 of those clean sheets. However, it also depends on the defence you have in front of you, obviously. Ours greatly improved after TT took charge, seemingly.

Indeed. For the record, Mendy played 31 of the games (well, 30.5 in reality) and kept 16 of those clean sheets. However, it also depends on the defence you have in front of you, obviously. Ours greatly improved after TT took charge, seemingly.
    He faced 78 shots on target. But yes, you'd expect a significantly more expensive team used to operating further up the table to face fewer shots and take matches more to their opponents (ignoring that time Villa beat Liverpool 7-2). Villa avoided relegation last season by a single solitary point, conceding the second highest number of goals of all 20 clubs.

Anyway, my initial post was a joke reply as anyone referring to Villa as a one-man team are probably thinking of Grealish, who I'm sure you'll agree is the best attacking midfielder to play for England in the upcoming Euros

Master
    Gutted for Leicester - would have been the only team to have made Champions League that didn't try to stick two fingers up at the rest of the league a few months ago...

Very happy with 6th place!

Hope we can build on it next year and not go back to hovering just above the relegation zone.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Very happy with 6th place!

Hope we can build on it next year and not go back to hovering just above the relegation zone.
    Definitely!
    I think the quality in the team is too good to worry about relegation but you never know with us!

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Definitely!
    I think the quality in the team is too good to worry about relegation but you never know with us!
    Anything is possible where West Ham are concerned...

Wonder how we'll fare in Europe?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Gutted for Leicester - would have been the only team to have made Champions League that didn't try to stick two fingers up at the rest of the league a few months ago...
    We’ll be ok, as I’m sure the FA will be consistent like they have with other teams in the league and will deduct six points of each of the six guilty teams…

We’ll be in the Champs league!!!

There’s no way they’ll simply wrap them across their knuckles and call them naughty little scamps!

Oh hang on???

We’ll be ok, as I’m sure the FA will be consistent like they have with other teams in the league and will deduct six points of each of the six guilty teams…

We’ll be in the Champs league!!!

There’s no way they’ll simply wrap them across their knuckles and call them naughty little scamps!

Oh hang on???
    Good shout !
    We’d still be champions too :)

Master
    In the end - what did those six clubs actually do? We know what they intended to do but it's something of a stretch to deduct points or apply other sanctions for thoughtcrime. None of the top four gained an advantage from the European Super League with respect to their place in the league. So in the end, the integrity of sport would suffer more from the sanction than the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    In the end - what did those six clubs actually do? We know what they intended to do but it's something of a stretch to deduct points or apply other sanctions for thoughtcrime. None of the top four gained an advantage from the European Super League with respect to their place in the league. So in the end, the integrity of sport would suffer more from the sanction than the crime.
    I obviously don’t know the full rules of the PL but all of the comments about destroying English football without hardly a comment about what would actually happen to English football just amaze me. No one has actually come out with any concrete details as to how ESL would affect the PL, it was designed to upset UEFA and the CL.

Blog Entries
    ^^^

Mmmhhh…. The lesser spotted ESL apologists starting to emerge…. A very rare sight

^^^

Mmmhhh…. The lesser spotted ESL apologists starting to emerge…. A very rare sight
    Not at all, just a realist. My own personal view is that the ESL was a crap idea. The way the clubs went about it was disgraceful. However, at the same time UEFA were announcing plans to expand the CL including places for legacy teams (one of the main complaints about the ESL) at a time when PL managers are complaining about there being too many games. As a City fan Mansour has done so much for the club, the fans and the area but they still find a way of shooting themselves in the foot.

Let’s not forget that one of the reasons the FA Cup lost its glamour was down to top clubs prioritising Europe and fielding weaker teams in the cup competitions, added to the FA’s desire to monetise it as much as possible. You didn’t hear too many people complaining about the effect on English football then.

People rarely buy clubs out of benevolence and I’ll happily stand by my belief that every other billionaire owner of a football club who was offered what the ESL were would jump at the chance.

^^^

Won’t get that from me Ben . Hated it from the onset , knowing the driving force behind it .
    But, make no mistake , if Leicester were offered the opportunity at the same time , they’d have jumped on as well .

Blog Entries
    Won’t get that from me Ben . Hated it from the onset , knowing the driving force behind it .
    But, make no mistake , if Leicester were offered the opportunity at the same time , they’d have jumped on as well .
    Not a chance Lee…. Kuhn Top would have put Perez in a headlock, tweaked his nose and ask him to jog on…

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Anything is possible where West Ham are concerned...

Wonder how we'll fare in Europe?
    I’m feeling positive about it, especially if we make some decent additions to the squad which sounds likely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Not at all, just a realist. My own personal view is that the ESL was a crap idea. The way the clubs went about it was disgraceful.
    Agree completely. But deducting points in a competition in which no unfair advantage was gained from a proposal intended to be external to it that didn't even happen is also a crap idea.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    ...But deducting points in a competition in which no unfair advantage was gained from a proposal intended to be external to it that didn't even happen is also a crap idea.
    I don't have the time (or the inclination) to read the Premier League Handbook or the UEFA version of the same.

However, somewhere in those publications there will be a sub-clause to a clause to a paragraph to a section, which will state something along the lines of 'all member clubs must act in utmost good faith' in regard to the rules & regulations of the PL & UEFA.

I'm not sure that the 'Secret Six' did so...
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I don't have the time (or the inclination) to read the Premier League Handbook or the UEFA version of the same.

However, somewhere in those publications there will be a sub-clause to a clause to a paragraph to a section, which will state something along the lines of 'all member clubs must act in utmost good faith' in regard to the rules & regulations of the PL & UEFA.

I'm not sure that the 'Secret Six' did so...
    I suspect you’re right…. They tried to fully undermine it all…. Throw the book at them…

Or fine ‘em a £1m and pretend it never happened, because they rich, powerful and oh so contrite

The FA now have zero authority when it comes to handing points deductions in the future

Didn’t they deduct points for a team fielding an ineligible player once?

The greedy six tried to kill football

I suspect you’re right…. They tried to fully undermine it all…. Throw the book at them…

Or fine ‘em a £1m and pretend it never happened, because they rich, powerful and oh so contrite

The FA now have zero authority when it comes to handing points deductions in the future

Didn’t they deduct points for a team fielding an ineligible player once?

The greedy six tried to kill football
    Since when have the FA had any integrity anyway? Tell that to the dozens of black players racially abused over the decades while clubs get a few quid fine or their fans told not to be naughty again (Or at least while there are cameras pointing)

There is nothing moral about this, pigs in trough dozens of pigs waiting in line to happily replace pigs in trough should they opportunity arise. If you think there is a moral compass in football please show me where.

Master

PCR test booked - check
    Day 2 test booked - check
    Numerous forms filled in - check
    Transport to Gatwick booked - check
    Hotel in Gatwick booked - check
    Small bag packed- check

Think we’’re good to go to Porto!! and breathe......

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    PCR test booked - check
    Day 2 test booked - check
    Numerous forms filled in - check
    Transport to Gatwick booked - check
    Hotel in Gatwick booked - check
    Small bag packed- check

Think we’’re good to go to Porto!! and breathe......

I don’t thinkI have ever jumped through so many hoops for a trip .
    Now I just need to formulate an escape plan from the fan zones .

Enjoy the experience, one for the memory bank

Master
    Me neither. I’ve still got to sort out the return train from Gatwick back to The Peak District, which is harder than anticipated

My trip itinerary says we are free to explore, within reason, social distancing etc. There’s a metro ride to the ground too....so that sounds quite public and not a bubble.

Hopefully you’ll get the escape