closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1326

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Bad result for the Hammers today, hopefully it’s just a blip!
    Well, when you play the vast majority of the game with ten men and then score and gift a couple of goals to the barcodes through goalkeeping errors it's no wonder.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Bollocks
    Looks like the so called European Super League will be announced later . Five of the top six have agreed to join, with City yet to agree .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Bollocks
    Looks like the so called European Super League will be announced later . Five of the top six have agreed to join, with City yet to agree .
    City also now agreed, from latest Ive read online

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    City also now agreed, from latest Ive read online
    Conflicting reports . BBC are still highlighting five clubs . I get the impression City might be watching on to see how it unfolds . Strong statement from FIFA and UEFA .
    I’m just wondering if it’s not an opening gambit with the new Chumps League format due to be announced .
    No surprise it’s driven by the American club owners .

Master
    Yes I had seen it in the Mail, so you could well be right.

I don’t think the US link is particularly relevant - nearly every club has owners who don’t have the clubs (or the sports) best interest at heart, sadly. They’ll all follow for fear of being left behind I think.

Interesting that the French have yet to jump, though the Germans were always unlikely to take part

Craftsman
    Conflicting reports . BBC are still highlighting five clubs . I get the impression City might be watching on to see how it unfolds . Strong statement from FIFA and UEFA .
    I’m just wondering if it’s not an opening gambit with the new Chumps League format due to be announced .
    No surprise it’s driven by the American club owners .
    Just think how far you've come since beating Gillingham.
    Now your classed as one of the elite like we are probably all striving for only for it to be a massive kick in the teeth for the fans.

Master
    Absolutely disgusting from those teams involved.
    I would never pay a penny subscription to any TV company showing that super league.
    Hats off to Bayern,Dortmund and PSG on telling them no.

Almost hope it goes ahead and get these greedy teams out of mainstream football.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    Just think how far you've come since beating Gillingham.
    Now your classed as one of the elite like we are probably all striving for only for it to be a massive kick in the teeth for the fans.
    I have been going to City for 52 years, home and away for many of those years. Now I am just a season ticket holder so only go to home games and finals / semi-finals. If this takes off with City involved, sadly that will be the end for me..... Whatever people of other clubs think, we have owners who have generally looked after the fans, invested in the club and team, invested in East Manchester, given me and others huge joy after dreaming for many years and dipping into the 3rd tier (I was at the Gillingham game, which is right up there with the Aguero moment for me), and I was also at Newcastle in 1968 as a nipper with my old fella. I am genuinely not that bothered about the Champions League. Of course it would be nice to win it, but I have never felt comfortable with some of the politics from the established cartel. For me every time we win the league or a domestic cup that does it for me.

The European Cup when Liverpool and Forest were dominating was something that as a kid I absolutely loved. Even as a mad manc I cheered when English teams won it. This champions league and proposed European league are nothing like the old European Cup, which was the pinnacle and involved champions, not desperate teams wanting to drag themselves into the 'top four'. The top four is about money, not ambition. The Old European Cup was about testing yourself against champions from other leagues and if you won it you bloody well deserved it. Knock out format and every game was exciting....

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I would never pay a penny subscription to any TV company showing that super league.

Almost hope it goes ahead and get these greedy teams out of mainstream football.
    Ditto.... Me neither. Enough is enough!

Blog Entries
    Supported Chelsea since being a nipper over 50 years. Currently been a home and away season ticket holder for over 20 years who has followed them over land and sea. Should Chelsea join a European Super League, that would signal to me the end of my club. I don't think it will come to fruition but if it does.....

Blog Entries
    It will not happen to much opposition from all quarters and especially if affects the players and their place or lack of in International football
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Yes I had seen it in the Mail, so you could well be right.

I don’t think the US link is particularly relevant - nearly every club has owners who don’t have the clubs (or the sports) best interest at heart, sadly. They’ll all follow for fear of being left behind I think.

Interesting that the French have yet to jump, though the Germans were always unlikely to take part
    The US link is absolutely relevant though.
    It’s being driven by the three clubs with US links, a quick glance at the mooted chairmen/ vice chairmen will tell you that .
    No relegation? I wonder where that idea might have come from.
    If UEFA have any balls , they’ll bar the clubs left in the semis from the Chumps League and award it to PSG . ( if City are involved obviously)
    Ditto the Premier League . Relegate each of them and promote 8 teams next season .

Master
    I haven’t seen anything to say who is driving this. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like United’s US owners, wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them, but I don’t think it’s all down to just 3 clubs to be honest. Obviously a lot going on behind the scenes.

It’s a joke, regardless

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    It will not happen to much opposition from all quarters and especially if affects the players and their place or lack of in International football
    That’s my thoughts too. Outrageous if it dosas happen.

Craftsman
    This has been on the cards for years.
    An elite league for Europe, 18/20 teams playing midweek, home and away with their reserve teams playing in their respective countries leagues at the weekend. Facing facts the top 6’s 2nd teams would still probably finish top 6, which with the extra money from Europe would be virtually guaranteed.
    Major and minor leagues are what their after, with only countries with large populations invited. UEFA started this with more places for countries with big tv audiences, now it’s coming back to bite them in the arse.

Blog Entries
    We’re up for the cup! Was as dull as yesterday but I don’t care a jot

In other news…. Wimbledon, Ipswich, Derby and Leicester will all be erased from history because ‘they don’t like it up ‘em’

Juve (Agnelli) are a fading power CL wise, Real and Barca are up to their eyeballs in debt, Kroenke has made Arsenal a mid table team whilst the Glasers are using United as a cash cow (albeit one with huge worldwide revenue that still allow them to spend big whilst servicing their even bigger debts). As for Spurs being part of this.......Is it any wonder they are in favour of a permanent league that guarantees £400m+. Billionaires always want more.

People are applauding PSG for not signing up but it’s worth remembering that PSG’s owners also own BEIN network which has lucrative exclusive broadcast contracts with UEFA.

Let’s be clear, UEFA and FIFA don’t run football for anything other than money either. Who knows whether this super league will go ahead but it’s going to be interesting to follow developments.
    Last edited by sevvy; 18th April 2021 at 22:46.

Craftsman
    Statement released, starting this august 15 founding teams that will never be relegated, 5 unconfirmed teams to be invited...unbelievable really.

Grand Master
    this could be the day football dies.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Blog Entries
    The US link is absolutely relevant though.
    It’s being driven by the three clubs with US links, a quick glance at the mooted chairmen/ vice chairmen will tell you that .
    No relegation? I wonder where that idea might have come from.
    If UEFA have any balls , they’ll bar the clubs left in the semis from the Chumps League and award it to PSG . ( if City are involved obviously)
    Ditto the Premier League . Relegate each of them and promote 8 teams next season .
    Don't worry, Uefa have ways to help clubs win the games they choose so it will come as no surprise to see PSG win it this year now.

Joint statement from the 12 founding clubs

Twelve of Europe’s leading football clubs have today come together to announce they have agreed to establish a new mid-week competition, the Super League, governed by its Founding Clubs.

AC Milan, Arsenal FC, Atlético de Madrid, Chelsea FC, FC Barcelona, FC Internazionale Milano, Juventus FC, Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid CF and Tottenham Hotspur have all joined as Founding Clubs. It is anticipated that a further three clubs will join ahead of the inaugural season, which is intended to commence as soon as practicable.

Going forward, the Founding Clubs look forward to holding discussions with UEFA and FIFA to work together in partnership to deliver the best outcomes for the new League and for football as a whole.

The formation of the Super League comes at a time when the global pandemic has accelerated the instability in the existing European football economic model. Further, for a number of years, the Founding Clubs have had the objective of improving the quality and intensity of existing European competitions throughout each season, and of creating a format for top clubs and players to compete on a regular basis.

The pandemic has shown that a strategic vision and a sustainable commercial approach are required to enhance value and support for the benefit of the entire European football pyramid. In recent months extensive dialogue has taken place with football stakeholders regarding the future format of European competitions. The Founding Clubs believe the solutions proposed following these talks do not solve fundamental issues, including the need to provide higher-quality matches and additional financial resources for the overall football pyramid.

Competition Format

20 participating clubs with 15 Founding Clubs and a qualifying mechanism for a further five teams to qualify annually based on achievements in the prior season.

Midweek fixtures with all participating clubs continuing to compete in their respective national leagues, preserving the traditional domestic match calendar which remains at the heart of the club game.

An August start with clubs participating in two groups of ten, playing home and away fixtures, with the top three in each group automatically qualifying for the quarter finals. Teams finishing fourth and fifth will then compete in a two-legged play-off for the remaining quarter-final positions. A two-leg knockout format will be used to reach the final at the end of May, which will be staged as a single fixture at a neutral venue.

As soon as practicable after the start of the men’s competition, a corresponding women’s league will also be launched, helping to advance and develop the women’s game.

The new annual tournament will provide significantly greater economic growth and support for European football via a long-term commitment to uncapped solidarity payments which will grow in line with league revenues. These solidarity payments will be substantially higher than those generated by the current European competition and are expected to be in excess of €10 billion during the course of the initial commitment period of the Clubs. In addition, the competition will be built on a sustainable financial foundation with all Founding Clubs signing up to a spending framework. In exchange for their commitment, Founding Clubs will receive an amount of €3.5 billion solely to support their infrastructure investment plans and to offset the impact of the COVID pandemic.

Florentino Pérez, President Real Madrid CF and the first Chairman of the Super League said:

“We will help football at every level and take it to its rightful place in the world. Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires.”

Backing the new European league, Andrea Agnelli, Chairman of Juventus and Vice-Chairman of the Super League said:

“Our 12 Founder clubs represent billions of fans across the globe and 99 European trophies. We have come together at this critical moment, enabling European competition to be transformed, putting the game we love on a sustainable footing for the long-term future, substantially increasing solidarity, and giving fans and amateur players a regular flow of headline fixtures that will feed their passion for the game while providing them with engaging role models.”

Joel Glazer, Co-Chairman of Manchester United and Vice-Chairman of the Super League said:

“By bringing together the world’s greatest clubs and players to play each other throughout the season, the Super League will open a new chapter for European football, ensuring world-class competition and facilities, and increased financial support for the wider football pyramid.”

A Christmas present from my dad he took me to Stamford Bridge on Boxing Day 1973, Chelsea v West Ham. We lost 2-4 but I was hooked. Ive followed the Blues all over Europe *(and Leicester...) and had a season ticket for more years than I can remember.

I hate watching the televised games without fans and the fake crown noise, it's like watching someone play FIFA'21 on an Xbox but it looks like that's the way it's going, VAR has stolen the joy of the game but if this goes ahead then that's it, I'm done!

*(Nothing personal Leicester, it's just a Chelsea thing)

I can't see it working that well, I mean all the clubs complain about having too many matches now. What will it be like with mid week matches every week and all over Europe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Totally agree - and at a time so many grass roots teams are on the verge of bankruptcy because of the inequitable way football money is already distributed.

Arsenal fan here. Disgusted. If this goes ahead I'll find another team to support.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal fan here. Disgusted. If this goes ahead I'll find another team to support.
    I used to go along to Walton & Hersham or Woking and even Fulham occasionally when Chelsea weren't playing but I don't think I can ever really support another team.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    The Founding Clubs believe the solutions proposed following these talks do not solve fundamental issues, including the need to provide higher-quality matches and additional financial resources for the overall football pyramid.
    “Higher quality matches”, 2 of them founding clubs should hang their heads in shame after the dross they served up on Saturday night.

Spurs just sacked Mourinho ... no idea where this team is heading:(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Spurs just sacked Mourinho ... no idea where this team is heading:(
    Perennial whipping boys of the ESL...

Jose is now the first Super League manager to be sacked!

Jose is just a genius! he has earned more money getting sacked than most managers have made in their entire careers! He will rinse and repeat, wait 6 months get another job do well for 6 months then start to fall out with the players and get sacked again

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I used to go along to Walton & Hersham or Woking and even Fulham occasionally when Chelsea weren't playing but I don't think I can ever really support another team.

Agree with you, I don't think real fans can simply swap their allegiance built up over the years.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Well look like this heading to spectacularly blow up in the faces of the greedy 12

Banned from any other competitions and not allowed to play for your country…. Which players are going to go for that?

Fans from 6 of the greedy 12 in the U.K. are likely to kick off as soon as they’re allowed back in the grounds as I haven’t seen one fan suggest it was a ‘nice idea’

Government looking to look to legislation to bar it from happening…

Horrendous situation and people won’t forget…. These greedy business people spectacularly over played their hand and need to realise they are custodians of the club and it’s heritage…. Forget that and you’ll get a huge black eye

It's teams like Wealdstone who have the real fans, perhaps disgruntled fans of the Greedy6uk could support them instead?
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's teams like Wealdstone who have the real fans, perhaps disgruntled fans of the Greedy6uk could support them instead?
    Funny you mention Wealdstone been a Chelsea supporter some 60+ years but 40 some years ago lived a few miles from Wealdstone and went to many a game,
    memory of the standard still hurts

Klopp to resign tomorrow

Master
    Blog Entries
    Klopp to resign tomorrow
    Levy works fast........

Craftsman
    I may have missed it but if 5 get added based on the previous seasons performances and there is no relegation, how will that work?

Is it just the first season or do the numbers just keep going up?

Also if it’s a “Super League” why the disproportionate number of Prem clubs?

Master
    All this talk of banning clubs from the Premier league is nonsense. Ironically the fact there are 6 of them puts the league in a much weaker position. It gives the teams a perfect opportunity to set up their own domestic league of 12 to 15 teams - possibly again with no relegation, and a lovely exclusive TV deal. It will be easy to find 6 more teams to sign up.

Ask the Leeds ownership if they still want to “earn it” then?

Banning footballers from their international teams will last a couple of drab friendlies, one qualifier at most. Then Shearer et al will be demanding reinstatement and denying they ever thought it was a good idea.

The solution? Time travel back to 1980, ban all foreign ownership of any club (worldwide), enforce some level of fan ownership, impose a (proper) budget cap and limit squad sizes to some number - how about 15 seniors plus the under 21s? And while you’re at it, get rid of under soil heating, VAR and shin pads :-)

While we wait for time travel to be (re)invented the fans are powerless onlookers.

Klopp to resign tomorrow
    Yeah. You heard it from your special sources. Just like your share tips.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It seems this might be crumbling before it's even started.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    See post #961 anyway back to business my team were crap last night a vital win went begging and it will be interesting to see the Spuds in action after the “ well paid of one” has now departed obviously not a supporter but good luck to Ryan Mason.

Come on Everton.

I see the Arsenal fans were getting a little social distancing practice outside the stadium before the game

Half time 0-0

Clearly we are not running the channels, exploiting the pockets and asking enough serious questions of the opposition. I haven't a clue what any of that means, but it seems to be pundit speak these days.

When I was a lad an intelligent chip could win a game, no messing

What can I say, some nights you hate VAR and other nights you love it

Yooouuu Oooorns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What can I say, some nights you hate VAR and other nights you love it
    Today we hated it. Wilsons goal should of stood

Good result for us today but it might of been better if not for VAR.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Another VAR farce in West Ham / Chelsea game!

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Funny you mention Wealdstone been a Chelsea supporter some 60+ years but 40 some years ago lived a few miles from Wealdstone and went to many a game,
    memory of the standard still hurts
    Watching at Wealdstone is hilarious. The home crowd position themselves behind the opposition goal and
    give the Keeper 45 minutes of absolute pelters. Then at half-time the crowd swap ends and abuse him for another 45.

Semi-pro goalkeeper must be the worst job in football.

Blog Entries
    Happy to see Chelsea win an important match in the race for top 4. I think the result was fair although West Ham shouldn't have received a red. However, they seem to have a kinder run-in than us. An interesting end to the season in store.

Another trophy that City take seriously.
    Strong team, loads of respect to Spurs by the manager. Dominant all through the game and well deserved .