closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

So the fixtures for the Premier league for the 2020/2021 season has been released.

What do you rate you're teams chances.
    Win the league? mid table or religion.

For me it's Newcastle United and it's not looking good. Especially the last 10 game's.
    I just hope we're safe by then.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Win the league? mid table or religion.
    Is that where you pray not to go down?

Aston Villa: 12th-15th. If we can keep Grealish, Luiz, McGinn and Mings and bring in a couple of top class wingers and two proven strikers I think we'll be going in the right direction.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

Aston Villa: 12th-15th. If we can keep Grealish, Luiz, McGinn and Mings and bring in a couple of top class wingers and two proven strikers I think we'll be going in the right direction.
    Completely agree!

I think my boys (Spurs) will struggle to get top four, unless Jose manages to build on the latter part of last season AND we get some fresh blood in. We still need at least one full back and a decent back-up striker, although I'm happy with our midfield options and we have a few very decent centre backs.

The reality is that - aside from 1st and 2nd places - everything's up for grabs. Should be an interesting season.

Not premier league but my team Preston North End. Would love to think we can push one better and make the playoffs but then we are one of the lowest budgets in the division and already punching well above our weight. Our season depends on how many of last season’s squad we keep not who we sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Not premier league but my team Preston North End. Would love to think we can push one better and make the playoffs but then we are one of the lowest budgets in the division and already punching well above our weight. Our season depends on how many of last season’s squad we keep not who we sign!
    Keinan Davis is a fantastic player with a very bright future. What he needs is to start every match in the Championship and he'll score a lot of goals, I hope you get him.

Grand Master
    Leeds here, hoping for mid table, need to get cracking with a couple of signings though
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I have no illusions for my team. It's going to be a massive struggle because we will be getting in loan players or freebies plus maybe pay for a striker of no significance since ours is so crap but I also think Villa will be going along the same route in terms of a struggle.

Grealish will be sold if only to be able to spend some money. What was it last year 144 million? I doubt they can afford to buy unless they sell. Mings might also have to be sold but I doubt they would sell both.

I actually hope Leeds do well if they buy the right players. But I at least hope they can stay up.

Also this isn't just about the Premier league. Any league counts in this thread.

Yeah I would tend to agree with you. I like Jose & hope he can prove some doubters wrong.

I actually think Arsenal might be top four this season. Not doing bad with some of the signings so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think my boys (Spurs) will struggle to get top four, unless Jose manages to build on the latter part of last season AND we get some fresh blood in. We still need at least one full back and a decent back-up striker, although I'm happy with our midfield options and we have a few very decent centre backs.

The reality is that - aside from 1st and 2nd places - everything's up for grabs. Should be an interesting season.

Yeah I would tend to agree with you. I like Jose & hope he can prove some doubters wrong.

I actually think Arsenal might be top four this season. Not doing bad with some of the signings so far.

I'd like to think not. In fact, I don't see them finishing above Spurs - I think we have a stronger squad these days.

Grealish will be sold if only to be able to spend some money. What was it last year 144 million? I doubt they can afford to buy unless they sell. Mings might also have to be sold but I doubt they would sell both.
    Why wouldn't Villa be able to afford to buy unless we sell? Big club, big fanbase. Last year Villa's owners were the third richest in the PL with about £10billion between them. It's quite possible Covid has had an impact on that but the owners apparently intend to spend the money to get the club up the table. There's no necessity to sell Grealish or anyone else to pay for it and investment in new players will probably be to the maximum amount of FFP and from sales of fringe players.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Leeds here, hoping for mid table, need to get cracking with a couple of signings though
    Talk on the Rangers forum you are interested in Kent for 10 million. Can’t see it myself especially as Liverpool take a cut of any transfer which would mean Rangers selling one of their better players for the same price they paid.

We'll see.
    Having the money is OK but it's a business and book's have to be balanced.
    Plus long gone are the days of owners chucking their money about. FFP also means you have to balance the books and I mean no disrespect but other than the Premier league money all team's have coming in their isn't much else this season.
    Like Newcastle and a lot of other teams we don't have the same sort of sponsorship deals like City or Liverpool and such like.

Gate money probably only account's for upto 10% of income in any season but for now that's up in the air also.

It's a long road ahead for any team particularly for team's like ours. Meaning mid to lower placed team's.
    You never know Aston villa might do a lot better than I think but then again so might Newcastle or Leeds but I'm speaking as a realist not as a fan who thinks my team is better than yours type of thing.

Craftsman
    Colchester United / League 2.

Chances of promotion this year are not good. They weren't able to renew some key players contracts, so they have now gone to other clubs.

Arsenal fan here. Hard to call. I think anything 3rd-7th are possible. I feel we have the best striker in the league tied down to a contract. Need to firm up at the back and get some proper steel in midfield. Competition for the Top 4 will come from Chelsea, Spurs and United (Leicister possibly). Looking at those squads United lack a proper finisher but lots of good young lads coming through, Chelsea fans would have bitten your hands off at the start of last season if you told them Top 4 and a couple of semi finals (given new manager and inability to sign anyone plus they just lost Hazard) and they will push on plus they have Werner up front so realistically they will get 3rd and a bun fight between Arsenal, Spurs and United for 4th. I think Arsenal would have the 3rd best squad currently from that group however they do have the best striker and that counts for a lot if he stays fit. I do think that Tottenham's best attacker is Son and probably if he stays fit they would be favourites for 4th.

Utd fan here

Top 4, not getting it on the last day, consistantly be in the top 4 all year. that would be a step forward. last 8 in champs league. What utd need more than a 108m winger is time. the front 4 need to develop, Pogba needs to sign a new contract and we need a centre back to play along side mcguire. i'd keep smalling, but the thought of teams letting him and AWB have the ball as they both have the feet on backwards.........

The usual for West Ham.

Look good for first half of the season with talk of European football then an exciting relegation battle near the end.

Never a dull moment!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    The usual for West Ham.

Look good for first half of the season with talk of European football then an exciting relegation battle near the end.

Never a dull moment!
    I'm also going out on a limb and forecasting an injury crisis by November!

Yea we have you as a first game. Should be interesting but you have a tough lot of games in the first few month's by the look of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    The usual for West Ham.

Never a dull moment!

Yea we have you as a first game. Should be interesting but you have a tough lot of games in the first few month's by the look of it.

Same last year.

Lost the first four games on the trot!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Leeds United - top of the table, easily, probably by an even bigger margin than this year.

(Seriously, we'll do well just to stay up, I reckon. We need to buy some new players, and the rest of the squad needs to adapt to playing at a whole different level).

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    and the rest of the squad needs to adapt to playing at a whole different level.
    The bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Utd fan here

Same here.

3rd or 4th again, so far behind Liverpool and City. Liverpool are still on the up with a long period of success to look forward to. City are in transition but still far ahead of United.

If United can convert their all too frequent draws to wins then they will exceed expectations. If Fernandes gets injured they could sink. I’d make him the Captain.

In the end they’ll be fighting Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal for the crumbs. Leicester looked spent.

Everton and Wolves to improve?

Following the news flash, I reckon Fernandes could be captain much sooner than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Same here.

3rd or 4th again, so far behind Liverpool and City. Liverpool are still on the up with a long period of success to look forward to. City are in transition but still far ahead of United.

If United can convert their all too frequent draws to wins then they will exceed expectations. If Fernandes gets injured they could sink. I’d make him the Captain.

In the end they’ll be fighting Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal for the crumbs. Leicester looked spent.

Everton and Wolves to improve?

What are the chances of seeing Messi in English football after today’s news?

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    What are the chances of seeing Messi in English football after today’s news?
    I'd love to see it, but I still think the chances are pretty remote, even after tonight's news.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Following the news flash, I reckon Fernandes could be captain much sooner than I expected!
    I heard the Greek Police set Maguires bail at €30,000.
    Utd offered 20 with Lingard and Jones thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I heard the Greek Police set Maguires bail at €30,000.
    Utd offered 20 with Lingard and Jones thrown in.

Apparently Maguire was attacked from behind on Wednesday night. By the time he turned round to defend himself it was Friday morning.

I foresee another depressing season in League 1 for Ipswich Town.

Wigan Athletic. I’ll be happy if we still have a club !!!

What the ‘owners’ and EFL have done to us is scandalous!

Up the Tics !!!

Master
    Messi on the move.

I pray he ends up in England, I don't even care if it's at a rival club.

It would be fantastic to see him in reality.

Blog Entries
    In for the win…! A bit of 15/16 history repeating

You heard it here first…

Messi to Wigan!

Messi to Wigan!

A week of his wages might save us !!!

Blog Entries
    From today’s Metro

Barcelona before any deal that allows Messi to leave the Camp Nou must trump Neymar’s departure and the Catalans want at least £200m to allow the Argentine to leave. Given Messi reportedly earns around £970,000-a-week in Barcelona and is 33 years of age, it’s unlikely that any club in world football would foot the bill for the Argentine in the midst of a pandemic

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/26/barce...9/?ito=cbshare

Personally i cannot see him going anywhere
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    From today’s Metro

Barcelona before any deal that allows Messi to leave the Camp Nou must trump Neymar’s departure and the Catalans want at least £200m to allow the Argentine to leave. Given Messi reportedly earns around £970,000-a-week in Barcelona and is 33 years of age, it’s unlikely that any club in world football would foot the bill for the Argentine in the midst of a pandemic

The only reason for him handing in a transfer request outside of wanting to play elsewhere is to force Bartemau out as President but it’s a risky move. He’s got a clause in his contract which allows him to move on a free at the end of this season (end of May in his clause) and Messi is claiming it can be used as season was extended due to coronavirus.
    If he does leave I’ll be happy to wager he will be in a City shirt. Despite what Pep has said before City have previously tried to get him and Messi has been talking to Pep over the last week or two according to well placed sources.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    From today’s Metro

I dont think. he will leave Barca, more a threat to strengthen his hand or force change.

Supposedly Messi doesn't speak any English, so I doubt he would move to the prem league(city being the only team that could afford him & he's played under Guardiola )

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I dont think. he will leave Barca, more a threat to strengthen his hand or force change.

Supposedly Messi doesn't speak any English, so I doubt he would move to the prem league(city being the only team that could afford him & he's played under Guardiola )
    Is lack of English a problem, does he speak French? Believe Neymar doesn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Tony if and i say if he leaves Barcelona he would go to a club that wins things and also a new defensive role under JM might not appeal

Seriously if he does leave the only EPL club IMO is a reunite with Pep at city.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

If he leaves I can only see him playing for City/Pep. It's a big if tho.

Blog Entries
    If he leaves I can only see him playing for City/Pep. It's a big if tho.

I wouldn’t want him at City.
    Legend that he is... he’ll get clobbered by the big defenders & although he’d be great in the Champions League - at 33 - I’d rather we had a good crop of youngsters with a good few more years left in them.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Legend that he is... he’ll get clobbered by the big defenders & although he’d be great in the Champions League - at 33 - I’d rather we had a good crop of youngsters with a good few more years left in them.

z
    Gets clobbered in Spain regularly, and it makes him play better*

*if that’s even possible

It makes complete financial sense on City’s part. They’re an old club with past success but only really started to challenge regularly since Mansour bough the club and, as such, don’t have the worldwide fan base and commercial revenue of the likes of Liverpool, Utd, Barca or Madrid. That’s something they’ll need to keep buying the best players.
    Imagine them signing him for two years and the effect that could have on increasing their worldwide reputation and income streams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Gets clobbered in Spain regularly, and it makes him play better*

*if that’s even possible
    He’s brilliant.
    He’s 33
    He’s only got a few seasons left.
    On a free - I’d take him & play him in CL
    (If the wages are ‘acceptable’)
    But I wouldn’t play him against West Brom on a sodden pitch in January

z

z
    I’d take him at a minutes notice.
    He’s got a good two years in him and he’s still the best footballer on the planet.
    “ Getting clobbered by big defenders” is up there with the old “ can he do it on a wet night in Stoke” . Not to mention that there aren’t actually that many footballers in the PL who fit that description.
    I’d love to see him linking up with DeBruyne, Jesus and Sterling not to mention what he could teach Foden .
    I’ve seen Messi live on a number of occasions and the thought of him playing his trade in the PL makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    It makes complete financial sense on City’s part. They’re an old club with past success but only really started to challenge regularly since Mansour bough the club and, as such, don’t have the worldwide fan base and commercial revenue of the likes of Liverpool, Utd, Barca or Madrid. That’s something they’ll need to keep buying the best players.
    Imagine them signing him for two years and the effect that could have on increasing their worldwide reputation and income streams.
    Wash your mouth out .
    City were invented in 2008 and will return to the doldrums once the Arabs get bored .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’d take him at a minutes notice.
    He’s got a good two years in him and he’s still the best footballer on the planet.
    “ Getting clobbered by big defenders” is up there with the old “ can he do it on a wet night in Stoke” . Not to mention that there aren’t actually that many footballers in the PL who fit that description.
    I’d love to see him linking up with DeBruyne, Jesus and Sterling not to mention what he could teach Foden .
    I’ve seen Messi live on a number of occasions and the thought of him playing his trade in the PL makes me very happy.
    Remember Robinho ?

I’d love to see him in our Blue... But I Can’t imagine Messi relishing a night at Scunthorpe...
    ... & we have (for example) West Brom et al in the PL this season - so if deployed judiciously he could be a real asset - against the better teams - but I still think he’’d be the ‘target’ for the more physical defenders in the PL or cup competitions.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 26th August 2020 at 20:16.

Remember Robinho ?

I’d love to see him in our Blue... But I Can’t imagine Messi relishing a night at Scunthorpe...
    ... & we have (for example) West Brom et al in the PL this season - so if deployed judiciously he could be a real asset - against the better teams - but I still thing he’s be the ‘target’ for the more physical defenders in the PL or cup competitions.

z
    Yup .
    Totally different animal .
    Robhino was a one off superstar in a team of ‘average’ players . Messi will be surrounded by players of his ilk.

Robhino, IMHO , was underrated too. His stats for his first season stand up to scrutiny. Plus, I’d forgive him just for that finish v Arsenal and that pass to Ireland v Everton.

Back to Messi. He’s been kicked around La Liga and Europe for the last 16 years at the highest level . Being singled out by opposing players would be the absolute least of my concerns.

Master
    He's 33. I just can't see him lighting the Prem up in his remaining years at the top.

I appreciate he is a genius even so.