closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1326

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I hope the go on to win.
    The omens are good, 29th May is an auspicious date for the success of Manchester clubs in Europe’s preeminent football competition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    City play a style of football that’s suited to European football.
    I have a City United double for outright winners, Man U I think will win theirs, if Madrid go through tonight I will let it run, if Chelsea go through I think I’ll cash out, Chelsea know how to stifle City’s style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    City play a style of football that’s suited to European football.
    I have a City United double for outright winners, Man U I think will win theirs, if Madrid go through tonight I will let it run, if Chelsea go through I think I’ll cash out, Chelsea know how to stifle City’s style of play.
    I did think last night that City will be hoping for a Madrid win tonight. Madrid are sort of like Liverpool though in Europe, they eek out results against the odds because they have that knack of survival.

Master
    I only caught the highlights, but I expected City to play well last night and win by a few goals

PSG seem unable to muster themselves for a big challenge, which must worry their manager/fans

It's hard to know who City would prefer in the final, but they should (rightly) fancy their chances against either team IMO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I love anyone beating PSG. They dominate a crappy national league, but cannot compete with the big boys. A bit like Scotland really. I always thought PSG were a big spending version of Celtic
    Many would happily substitute City for PSG in that statement. PSG choke every year in the Champions League, but so do City, so the semi was a toss up. Both Real and Chelsea should lose if they make it to the final, but I wouldn’t bet my own money on it.

Well done to City and good luck to Chelsea for tonight.

The more games that Chelsea have to play between now and the end of the season the better. Might give my team, West Ham a chance of nipping in to the 4th place spot in the PL and a chance to play champions league next year. Having said that, despite a great season, I don't think we are good enough for CL and we certainly would need to strengthen the squad as what we have currently imo doesn't cut it at the highest level.

Plus we'd get to see a dress rehearsal of the final this weekend...

Sorry lads, Im thinking it's Real Madrid tonight. Good team on paper. Just depends how fit Ramos and Hazard are, but I think they might have too much.

As they say, first goal is crutial.

Sorry lads, Im thinking it's Real Madrid tonight. Good team on paper. Just depends how fit Ramos and Hazard are, but I think they might have too much.

As they say, first goal is crutial.
    Both of them could barely run... what's happened to hazard...

Well done Chelsea - well deserved.

That guys is why I stopped betting on the footie two years ago

Looking forward to the Saturday evening pre-run of the CL final - should be good.

Blog Entries
    Take that, Big Nose!

Well done Chelsea. That was so one sided, was like watching Chelsea vs Crystal Palace. The Prem teams seem a class above the rest of Europe as it stands. Tuchel has Chelsea very tactically astute and much more solid at the back

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Tough call for who to support in the final; Russian Oligarch or another rich Sheikh.

Craftsman
    2 English teams in the final and UEFA are refusing to move the final to Wembley even though Turkey went into a full lockdown a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Tough call for who to support in the final; Russian Oligarch or another rich Sheikh.
    As long as it's not a bunch of American's that fine with me. Both owners are at least football people unlike the owners of Liverpool or United.

Blog Entries
    Don’t bother watch netball
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    As long as it's not a bunch of American's that fine with me. Both owners are at least football people unlike the owners of Liverpool or United.
    Football people!
    Who both signed their playthings up for the super league

Neither, football at its worst!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    2 English teams in the final and UEFA are refusing to move the final to Wembley even though Turkey went into a full lockdown a week ago.
    Once envelopes have changed hands, there's no going back.

Anyone would think that all the other teams outside of the ESL six still use jumpers for goalposts judging from some of the pathetic sniping on this thread.

Back to the actual football, great result for Chelsea..... Tuchel has done an immense job since arriving at the club. You have to wonder what Frank is feeling right now.
    Last edited by sevvy; 5th May 2021 at 22:31.

Blog Entries
    Quite frankly i do not give a FF whether anyone watches the final or not but two English sides involved, should be now at Wembley but that’s another story my side is there in a final again my ladies are in the Women’s CL final and are one game away from a league title as well so well pleased.
    Great job T Tuchel and Emma.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Quite frankly i do not give a FF whether anyone watches the final or not but two English sides involved, should be now at Wembley but that’s another story m......
    That's the good thing about UEFA, Mart - they have a rich history of helping clubs' fans to see these spectacles. Remember how they moved the Chelsea v Arsenal Europa League Final from Baku in Asia to Wembley when it was costing up to 2 grand to get there a couple of years ago? Oh no, wait.... The brown envelopes had already changed hands....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Anyone would think that all the other teams outside of the ESL six still use jumpers for goalposts judging from some of the pathetic sniping on this thread.

Back to the actual football, great result for Chelsea..... Tuchel has done an immense job since arriving at the club. You have to wonder what Frank is feeling right now.
    TT does seem to be getting a tune out of them and hopefully they'll realise the full potential of the squad but, knowing Frank, he's probably very pleased with their progress and is trying to learn as much as possible so he comes back stronger.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Quite frankly i do not give a FF whether anyone watches the final or not but two English sides involved, should be now at Wembley but that’s another story my side is there in a final again my ladies are in the Women’s CL final and are one game away from a league title as well so well pleased.
    Great job T Tuchel and Emma.
    2 english sides that tried to break away from UEFA, this is the first chance for UEFA to dish out a bit of medicine.
    Game switched to Lisbon again or Budapest which has been used as a neutral ground this season, can’t see it being Wembley.

2 english sides that tried to break away from UEFA, this is the first chance for UEFA to dish out a bit of medicine.
    Game switched to Lisbon again or Budapest which has been used as a neutral ground this season, can’t see it being Wembley.
    How is switching the location of the final ‘ dishing out a bit of medicine’ ?

Great result for Chelsea , a much tougher task for City than Madrid would’ve been . Two plastic clubs with no history and tons of cash in the final . Delightful .

Blog Entries
    LOL - dish out a bit of medicine? Because UEFA are the righteous custodians of football. The notion of breaking away from the clutches of FIFA and all of its regional organisations was an excellent initiative in and of itself. What was monumentally flawed was the reality of the proposition. To come up with an idea of a selective, non-competitive showpiece born out of further greed as an alternative is not what any rational-thinking human would want. What was also naive in the extreme is the way it was launched upon an unsuspecting public and football community. What would be ideal is if the entire football community got together and between them, came up with a plan to rid the world of FIFA et al and replace them with a viable alternative that had the best interests of the sport at all levels at heart, I'm sure it would be welcomed by all. The trouble is, there is so much money in the game, corruption will always raise its head so basically, it's broken and there's no way back.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    LOL - dish out a bit of medicine? Because UEFA are the righteous custodians of football. The notion of breaking away from the clutches of FIFA and all of its regional organisations was an excellent initiative in and of itself. What was monumentally flawed was the reality of the proposition. To come up with an idea of a selective, non-competitive showpiece born out of further greed as an alternative is not what any rational-thinking human would want. What was also naive in the extreme is the way it was launched upon an unsuspecting public and football community. What would be ideal is if the entire football community got together and between them, came up with a plan to rid the world of FIFA et al and replace them with a viable alternative that had the best interests of the sport at all levels at heart, I'm sure it would be welcomed by all. The trouble is, there is so much money in the game, corruption will always raise its head so basically, it's broken and there's no way back.
    Well said

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    How is switching the location of the final ‘ dishing out a bit of medicine’ ?

Great result for Chelsea , a much tougher task for City than Madrid would’ve been . Two plastic clubs with no history and tons of cash in the final . Delightful .
    Why would they try and accommodate 2 clubs that tried to leave their set up? UEFA same as the premier league have already said there will be punishments.

Don’t get me wrong, would love to see the game moved and Wembley is the most logical choice but when have UEFA done the logical thing?

It's great to see premier league teams in the final. Tough one to call, Chelsea have hit form but City on their day can beat anyone.

Why would they try and accommodate 2 clubs that tried to leave their set up? UEFA same as the premier league have already said there will be punishments.

Don’t get me wrong, would love to see the game moved and Wembley is the most logical choice but when have UEFA done the logical thing?
    Sorry, doesn’t compute .
    Are you saying UEFA are going to punish City and Chelsea by keeping the game in Istanbul or by moving it ?
    Either way, that’s no punishment, even if a small number of fans are allowed back in .
    It’s also quite ironic that you say the Premier League is going to punish the clubs too . The same Premier Keague that takes upwards of 90% of TV football rights money . Like UEFA , They’re in no position to moralise on supposed greed by clubs .

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, doesn’t compute .
    Are you saying UEFA are going to punish City and Chelsea by keeping the game in Istanbul or by moving it ?
    Either way, that’s no punishment, even if a small number of fans are allowed back in .
    It’s also quite ironic that you say the Premier League is going to punish the clubs too . The same Premier Keague that takes upwards of 90% of TV football rights money . Like UEFA , They’re in no position to moralise on supposed greed by clubs .

Master
    Can’t see UEFA backing down on it being in Istanbul. Logic goes out of the window when UEFA or FIFA get involved. Look at how many previous finals have where clubs from the same Country have been involved. How many got moved? Zero

Damn shame that there’s a lockdown in Turkey otherwise I might’ve made the journey without a ticket and “found a way in”. Not worth the gamble if only a limited amount of tickets will be made available. They’re talking 25% of capacity where each club will get 4K tickets. I’ll watch it on the box.

And....still the only team in London with a European Cup!!

Insipid from Arsenal. Deserved nothing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Can’t see UEFA backing down on it being in Istanbul. Logic goes out of the window when UEFA or FIFA get involved. Look at how many previous finals have where clubs from the same Country have been involved. How many got moved? Zero
    It’s stupid in normal times but utterly ridiculous with the Covid situation in Turkey (and generally). As you say, not surprising with UEFA.

You would think, after the debacle of ESL announcement, UEFA would see the opportunity to improve their own reputation but, unsurprisingly, demonstrate that it really is only about money

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    You would think, after the debacle of ESL announcement, UEFA would see the opportunity to improve their own reputation but, unsurprisingly, demonstrate that it really is only about money
    That's all it ever was and ever will be for them...

Turkey now added to the Red List of countries meaning anyone travelling from there has to stay in hotel quarantine on the way back at the cost of £££. Seeing as both teams are English, the chances of UEFA moving this are precisely zero.

Knowing how there’s no common sense in any Football Organisation I wouldn’t be surprised if UEFA did move it tbh…

To Delhi…

Dear Leicester, you bunch of massive bottle merchants .
    Fix it , quick .
    Yours .
    Everyone else x

Master
    Fix it , quick .
    Yours .
    Everyone else x
    If only they could buy the title.

Fix it , quick .
    Yours .
    Everyone else x
    Just please not today

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

If only they could buy the title.
    As opposed to every other team , ever, who have won it with blokes from the surrounding area , right ?
    Honestly, if you believe you have a semblance of an argument, put it out there .

Master
    Relax Goat, get used to it.

But since you ask...Celtic in the late 60s I guess.

Master
    As opposed to every other team , ever, who have won it with blokes from the surrounding area , right ?
    Honestly, if you believe you have a semblance of an argument, put it out there .
    Leicester punch above their weight and their title win was the best thing to happen to English football in years.
    Going back a bit you had the likes of Forrest and Ipswich(2nd but a great team) who relied upon scouting,coaching and management.
    City are where they are due to chance and no more than that.
    I think I liked them better when their fans were tearing up grounds in the old second division.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post

Won the European cup with every player born within 20 miles of Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post

Totally relaxed , thanks .
    Again, the lazy narrative does my head in .
    City have spent millions, United have spent millions, Liverpool have spent millions etc etc .
    BTW City were the last team to win the top flight , plus a European trophy, plus the FA Cup with an all English team .
    Plastic club

Master
    Totally relaxed , thanks .
    Again, the lazy narrative does my head in .
    City have spent millions, United have spent millions, Liverpool have spent millions etc etc .
    BTW City were the last team to win the top flight , plus a European trophy, plus the FA Cup with an all English team .
    Plastic club
    Lazy narrative?
    Like your one on Leicester being bottle merchants despite having an injury list the length of your arm and not having the same resources to have every position covered.

Something is wrong. Newcastle are currently 4 nil up away to Leicester with 15 minutes to play. It just seems surreal.

Finger's crossed for the next 15 minutes.

Master
    Money and riches attracts opprobrium. United cheated and bought their way to their titles, City and Chelsea bought them.

Etcetera...

It shouldn't do your head in, you will never change anyone's views.

Lazy narrative?
    Like your one on Leicester being bottle merchants despite having an injury list the length of your arm and not having the same resources to have every position covered.
    My take on Leicester was tongue in cheek . I’d love them to get top 4 in place of the so called established elite.
    Your comment was the lazy narrative. Money good when my team is winning, money bad when we aren’t .

In today's modern football it is all about money.
    I can't see why it bothers anyone these days.

Master
    Genuine question
    Is there still a financial fair play thing in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Something is wrong. Newcastle are currently 4 nil up away to Leicester with 15 minutes to play. It just seems surreal.

Finger's crossed for the next 15 minutes.

Honestly thought we were on for a hiding tonight after last weeks lifeless effort against Arsenal. The Brendan Rodgers capitulation must be well and truly underway