closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Master
    Forest we’re just before my time and the dominant Liverpool of the 80s I can’t recall too much about as I was born 76 so only my teenage years.

Regards fergie I agree regards the lack of European silverware and I’m sure it grated on him how good that Barcelona side when utd were in there pomp.

I personally do feel and please dont get ultra defensive as most of my other Scouse friends do when I say the European ban after heysel did impact along with the silly rule when we did return of only allowing 3 European players

I vividly recall getting hammered by Barcelona 4-0 ironically pep played along with Romario stoicjkov and co and fergie left schmeichel out as 1 of the 3 and played Gary Walsh in goal who later recited the below

'For some reason (Simply Red frontman) Mick Hucknall had taken part in shooting practice,' Walsh tells Sportsmail. 'He put one past me. The shot went straight through me. I was just praying Alex hadn't seen it.'

That tells you everything !!!

pla
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Can’t argue with Fergie being number 1. The silver wear at United and also won the European cup with Aberdeen.

Only negative could have been his premiership dominance didn’t translate into European games.

Paisley - 19 trophies in 5 years and 3 of them European cups.

His negative is Shank had already laid the foundations and his was a continuation of that.

Clough- from 2nd tier football to back to back European cups.

Negative it all fell away after a few years.

Also ;

Wenger
    Mourinho
    Ancelotti

I’m sure there’s more obscure coaches too that have worked wonders.

Ok if you want the gross spend cup -

Pep has spent 830 million since joining city who were already a top side.

Klopp joined a club who finished 6th the previous season and had a squad filled with mediocre players and spent 500m gross to win the league, the champions league and the world club cup in that time.

Who in your opinion has performed better Goat ?
    Pep all day long . More ‘proper’ trophies , better football , more entertaining, record breaking all over the place, domestic treble ( see, no counting the Charity Shield) , doesn’t duck games to suit when it clashes with a bigger game, wants to win them all.

Once again, your revisionism is astounding. City were already a top side? That season pre Pep we were listless and miles off the pace. Sterling wasn’t as good as Jordan Ibe, remember? KDB was a Chelsea flop and Kompany was an injury waiting to happen . Pep transformed the club and the players after his first season .

So yes, Pep over Bingo all day .

Master
    Transformed the club that finished 2nd the season before he got the job and won the league the year before ? Are we classing a 1,2 finish in the previous season as not a top side now ?

He’s better than Klopp who transformed a club that finished 8th, hadn’t won a trophy for 10 years, had a bang average squad and guided them to the title and european success on a spent of 15m a season net.

Strange times.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Since a great transfer market by Carlo Ancelotti he has transformed Everton, three great buys ( Alan Rodriguez Doucoura )which have sent confidence levels sky high right through the team. Early days I know but I will take this dawn over the last three false ones any time

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Pep all day long . More ‘proper’ trophies , better football , more entertaining, record breaking all over the place, domestic treble ( see, no counting the Charity Shield) , doesn’t duck games to suit when it clashes with a bigger game, wants to win them all.

Once again, your revisionism is astounding. City were already a top side? That season pre Pep we were listless and miles off the pace. Sterling wasn’t as good as Jordan Ibe, remember? KDB was a Chelsea flop and Kompany was an injury waiting to happen . Pep transformed the club and the players after his first season .

So yes, Pep over Bingo all day .
    I must say I don't agree with 90% of what you wrote there, saying KBD was a Chlesea flop is a bit pointless when at the same time Salah was a Chelsea flop! So not sure how that really helps either saying Pep or Klopp is better.

How is the champions league not a proper trophy? just because Pep has not won it with City. That must be his biggest failing, he has only won it twice, which may sound good but when you look at the Barca, bayern and City teams he had should have been way more. Since being at City he has won the carbaro cup the most! so how is that a proper trophy, hell even Arsenal have won the FA cup more than City have since he has been there.

City were a top side they had won the league the season before and just came 2nd.

the only thing Pep transformed was the spending budget.

The only way Pep will really be a top manager is to take over an average side without billions to spend and see how he does, but he wont ever do that as he knows he would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    ... The only way Pep will really be a top manager is to take over an average side without billions to spend and see how he does, but he wont ever do that as he knows he would fail.
    I think there's some merit in this, for any manager. It makes me marvel at how close Poch got with Spurs, when - on a very, very low net spend - he was a whisker from a league title and the CL trophy. What feats either - or both - of those would have been.

Blog Entries

The only way Pep will really be a top manager is to take over an average side without billions to spend and see how he does, but he wont ever do that as he knows he would fail.
    Someone who knows football & knows Pep would disagree...

...when asked if Guardiola could adapt his methods to a mid-table Championship side like he had done, without the riches City have, Bielsa was clear, saying: "without doubt."
    Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa explains why biggest criticism of Man City boss Pep Guardiola is wrong

I think I'd trust his judgement over a bunch of "watch enthusiasts"

z

Master
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that not one single person on this thread is going to change their mind as a result of any of the cogent arguments presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that not one single person on this thread is going to change their mind as a result of any of the cogent arguments presented.
    You're wrong. Go on, admit it!
    "A man of little significance"

I must say I don't agree with 90% of what you wrote there, saying KBD was a Chlesea flop is a bit pointless when at the same time Salah was a Chelsea flop! So not sure how that really helps either saying Pep or Klopp is better.

How is the champions league not a proper trophy? just because Pep has not won it with City. That must be his biggest failing, he has only won it twice, which may sound good but when you look at the Barca, bayern and City teams he had should have been way more. Since being at City he has won the carbaro cup the most! so how is that a proper trophy, hell even Arsenal have won the FA cup more than City have since he has been there.

City were a top side they had won the league the season before and just came 2nd.

the only thing Pep transformed was the spending budget.

You don’t do irony then ?
    Most of the post was tongue in cheek , especially the bit about the three players . Just following the media narrative, see?
    But, I’ll repeat , City and particularly Pellegrini, were not strengthened following his first season title win as it was an open secret that Guardiola was being appointed. The team was shamefully allowed to stagnate and make MP a kind of scapegoat . Being a gentleman and no doubt helped by a payoff, he has always kept a dignified silence about this episode.

Pep has been backed handsomely but the football he turns out week in week out is well worth it for me personally.
    Plus, there aren’t many players who don’t improve in some way under his tutelage .

Oh , by the way , we finished fourth in 15 -16 before Pep but don’t let that get in the way of a good story .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Yup - Liverpool fans denying they've ever spent any money - like this...

Liverpool fan torn to shreds by Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy over claims Reds ‘aren’t a money club’

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Liverpool fan torn to shreds by Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy over claims Reds ‘aren’t a money club’

z
    He isn’t denying they have spent money. He’s saying we’ve sold players for who we have bought.

We spent 15m a year net in Klopps time.

We’ve been able to buy because we’ve sold.

Pep has spent 100m a season in that time ( net ).

It’s not difficult to understand here. Liverpool are working in budgets. City just blow money all over the shop whenever they like. Hence spending 500m on defenders in the last few years.

Master
    Oh , by the way , we finished fourth in 15 -16 before Pep but don’t let that get in the way of a good story .
    Apologies I just looked at Mancini I forgot MP was the manager.

However the claim MP wasn’t backed in his last season isn’t exactly true he signed 16 players for 187m !!!

Apologies I just looked at Mancini I forgot MP was the manager.

However the claim MP wasn’t backed in his last season isn’t exactly true he signed 16 players for 187m !!!
    Eh? Is this just make stuff up week ?
    He signed five in his last season and the two big ones in KDB and Sterling were in readiness for Pep .
    In the same season Klopp signed 64 players for 12 billion (net) .Easy this isn’t it ?

Master
    Eh? Is this just make stuff up week ?
    He signed five in his last season and the two big ones in KDB and Sterling were in readiness for Pep .
    In the same season Klopp signed 64 players for 12 billion (net) .Easy this isn’t it ?
    Check out transfermarkt.co.uk or world football.net.

It’s counts loans as transfers in.

2015/206 you signed 9 actual new players for a total fee of 187m. 3 of those players totalled 165m.

You received 60m in fees back.

MG was backed with more money than any manager in Liverpool’s history that season.

We are going round in circles here anyway.

Pep spends 100m a year net and gets dusted yearly in Europe.

Klopp has spent 15m a season net and had jumped from 8th to champions of England, Europe and the world.

See you at the end of the season.

All this thread needs is Andyg and it will be complete. Can we start a new one in the Bear Pit and ban Liverpool and Manchester City supporters?

Check out transfermarkt.co.uk or world football.net.

It’s counts loans as transfers in.

2015/206 you signed 9 actual new players for a total fee of 187m. 3 of those players totalled 165m.

You received 60m in fees back.

MG was backed with more money than any manager in Liverpool’s history that season.

We are going round in circles here anyway.

Pep spends 100m a year net and gets dusted yearly in Europe.

Klopp has spent 15m a season net and had jumped from 8th to champions of England, Europe and the world.

See you at the end of the season.
    ‘ Opens Transfermarkt to check Ivan’s ‘facts’
    Sees KDB for 67 million and Raheem for £57 million .
    Closes Transfermadeupmarket

Craftsman
    [QUOTE

Pep has been backed handsomely but the football he turns out week in week out is well worth it for me personally.
    Plus, there aren’t many players who don’t improve in some way under his tutelage .[/QUOTE]

Fancy swapping Pep for Steve Bruce?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    All this thread needs is Andyg and it will be complete. Can we start a new one in the Bear Pit and ban Liverpool and Manchester City supporters?
    Please no. To the former.

Blog Entries
    Please or find them a wall or a room
    Last edited by mart broad; 1st October 2020 at 22:25.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Nice.

Actually all it needs is for people to support their opinions with actual facts, to treat other people with some respect and not to carry out their own boring personal vendettas.

Alas, this is “social” media, so there is no chance of that.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    Just listened to that, hilarious. He sounded like he was going to cry!

The match last night was not the best, both teams fielded weaker teams - was surprised Klopp played Salah and VD. Happy we won, well happy for around 30 mins until we got City in the next round!! I can see us getting smashed as City always play strong teams in the EFL and Arsenal dont.

Arteta does seem to have our guys well drilled, both matches this week against Liverpool we defended very well - and who would have thought that was every possible for Arsenal! Gabriel is looking a good buy at the back, Holding is coming on well and the other kids up front are developing well. Would have liked to see Saliba get a game after the money we spent on him. Not sure Nkeith has what it takes to play for Arsenal, really wish Martenelli was fit now.

The match last night was not the best, both teams fielded weaker teams - was surprised Klopp played Salah and VD. Happy we won, well happy for around 30 mins until we got City in the next round!! I can see us getting smashed as City always play strong teams in the EFL and Arsenal dont.

Arteta does seem to have our guys well drilled, both matches this week against Liverpool we defended very well - and who would have thought that was every possible for Arsenal! Gabriel is looking a good buy at the back, Holding is coming on well and the other kids up front are developing well. Would have liked to see Saliba get a game after the money we spent on him. Not sure Nkeith has what it takes to play for Arsenal, really wish Martenelli was fit now.
    It’ll be a contest , there’s no doubt about that .
    Arteta obviously learnt a lot from Fraudiola during his time at City , but I like how he has his own distinctive ideas and style now he’s at Arsenal.
    As for City always putting a strong team out, I’d say Pep wants to win every game but he’s not afraid to mix it up . There were a number of academy players in v Burnley ( who put out a strong side) and City played exceptionally well . I think he will do the same v Arsenal as he will want to retain the trophy but also send out a message to the younger squad members that there is always a route to the first team .

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Actually all it needs is for people to support their opinions with actual facts, to treat other people with some respect and not to carry out their own boring personal vendettas.
    That's why the new and factually-correct, non-argumentative, respectful and vendetta-free F1 thread in the Bear Pit is so good, all the negativity has gone and it's genuinely interesting to read.

I think this guy is going to be perfectly suited to the EPL. What a window we've had and what a strong squad Jose has developed (can't wait for bale to play a part - the Son/Kane/Bale strike force will be something to behold).

Interested to hear any Sheffield United fans opinions about the purchase of Brewster from us. He was very well thought of but the club seemed very keen to get him out the door which is a bit odd. He did well on loan last season but is he the answer to your goal scoring problems?

That's why the new and factually-correct, non-argumentative, respectful and vendetta-free F1 thread in the Bear Pit is so good, all the negativity has gone and it's genuinely interesting to read.
    Excellent. In which case hopefully you can extend your newly found “factually-correct”, “non-argumentative”, “respectful” and “vendetta-free” self to other parts of the forum and therefore exclude me from your cheap jibes on a this and other threads. Now that would actually be non-argumentative, respectful and vendetta-free, wouldn’t it.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Everton need a keeper. Jordan Pickford is gash.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Everton need a keeper. Jordan Pickford is gash.

Totally agree, another cock-up allowing a Brighton equaliser.

Come on you blue boys 2-1

More wins =more confidence so it look's like Everton are going to do quite well this season.
    Minus the odd Pickford cockup every other game

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit;[URL="tel:5547767"
    5547767[/URL]]Everton need a keeper. Jordan Pickford is gash.

They’re welcome to Kepa any day of the week!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I don't understand the bickering over how much money clubs have spent, do we really care as fans?? what we want is success and to identify with the players on the pitch.

Utd paid £89m to Juve to get him back (Ridiculous imo) however shirt sales made that money back inside 3 months Football is a business!!!
    Anything to back this up? As shirt sales paying for players is the biggest myth in football.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think this guy is going to be perfectly suited to the EPL. What a window we've had and what a strong squad Jose has developed (can't wait for bale to play a part - the Son/Kane/Bale strike force will be something to behold).

Think we have done some really good buisness in this window. Levy has backed Jose so he has no excuses.

Master
    Everton flying.

Be a great derby if we are both unbeaten by then.

Everton looking good up top but apart from playing a lacklustre Spurs away haven't played anyone decent. Liverpool looking strong. City vulnerable. Leeds ook great but you can see that is largely manager-created with the formation and swarming energy they are showing- I think Bielsa is a genius. Having looked at the early games I reckon Top 4 will be:

1. Liverpool
    2. Leicester
    3. City
    4. Chelsea

In that order. Leeds for top 8 I reckon

Blog Entries
    Leeds - City great game and the Liverpool derby has loads of promise.

Wow we actually won at home for a change. ASM is absolute class.

I quite fancy watching the United v Spurs game today; what’s then cheapest way? Is a Now TV day pass the only option? I sacked off Sky years ago!

I think you can buy a sky 1 day pass but it's £9.99. Pretty much the same as NowTV I guess.

There all probably the same price whoever you choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I quite fancy watching the United v Spurs game today; what’s then cheapest way? Is a Now TV day pass the only option? I sacked off Sky years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I think you can still get it on The Comedy Channel .

Normally, I’d be quite looking forward to this game ,but I find it a chore to even watch City since the games have gone behind closed doors .

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I think you can buy a sky 1 day pass but it's £9.99. Pretty much the same as NowTV I guess.

There all probably the same price whoever you choose.

Ta

Want entertainment?

Look no further than West Ham.

Beat Wolves 4-0 last week and just stuffed Leicester 3-0.

Seven goals for - none against.

Got a hard run but nothing to worry about IMO.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    You can’t make it up, West Ham were shocking a couple of weeks ago while Leicester battered city, fast forward a week and the shoe is on the other foot ironically West Ham’s rise coincides with moyes being absent

Haha. I was just going to say the same thing.
    You can’t make it up, West Ham were shocking a couple of weeks ago while Leicester battered city, fast forward a week and the shoe is on the other foot ironically West Ham’s rise coincides with moyes being absent

Blog Entries
    I what’s apped a WH season ticket holder and said do you wish Moyes will self isolate for the season

Personally i am finding it all a bit flat

Useful win for Arsenal, made a bit hard work of it there. Can't be easy watching Sheffield United every week, pretty grim football and they desperately need some cutting edge up top.

Well I never saw that coming at half time! A great win for Preston!!! Some hope yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk