closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pleased with our recent signings now, Jota was a belting coup.

Hopefully 3 points from Chelsea later.

Everton look chipper, mancs are whinging already that they haven’t spent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You can against 10 man West Brom!

Actually I watched Everton last weekend and was very impressed. A few top signings and a top, top coach. Things are looking up for you.
    Still looked weak at the back conceding two goals and personally I would replace Pickford in goal. I think we are in a similar position to Liverpool a few years back when they had a goalie issue and they sorted that with the signing of Allison.

We will be punished when we play the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and even Wolves. Get a world class goalie and that will help.

Predictions from me. I don't think Liverpool will retain the PL, very few teams do. City will be the team to beat again and were by far the best team around during the lock down, Liverpool seemed to switch off as the job was already done. Chelsea are a good each way bet, I think they will struggle against Liverpool and City, but have a knack of beating everyone else so will rack up points and could win it.

Spurs and United - sorry guys fighting for scraps and EL at best.

Everton - focus on winning a domestic cup - put a strong team out in all games to ensure progression and forget the PL for now. 7th or 8th will do if they win something.

Teams I enjoy watching: Wolves and now Leeds, I think Leeds have little to worry about this season 10th, 11th or 12th is my guess.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 20th September 2020 at 09:46.

Back to reality with a BANG

Mehh. Think I'll follow Leeds this season

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Still looked weak at the back conceding two goals and personally I would replace Pickford in goal. I think we are in a similar position to Liverpool a few years back when they had a goalie issue and they sorted that with the signing of Allison.

We will be punished when we play the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and even Wolves. Get a world class goalie and that will help.

Predictions from me. I don't think Liverpool will retain the PL, very few teams do. City will be the team to beat again and were by far the best team around during the lock down, Liverpool seemed to switch off as the job was already done. Chelsea are a good each way bet, I think they will struggle against Liverpool and City, but have a knack of beating everyone else so will rack up points and could win it.

Spurs and United - sorry guys fighting for scraps and EL at best.

Everton - focus on winning a domestic cup - put a strong team out in all games to ensure progression and forget the PL for now. 7th or 8th will do if they win something.

Teams I enjoy watching: Wolves and now Leeds, I think Leeds have little to worry about this season 10th, 11th or 12th is my guess.
    I don’t particularly share your optimism with City. Everything at the minute seems a bit half baked and I think we will get a shock on Monday. Everton look really good and I hope they do well . Theyve flattered to deceive on occasions but I truly think they are on the cusp of something really good . Ancelotti aside, the signings have been more than decent and it’s not a team you’d want to face hoping for an easy ride like previous seasons. Once the move to the new stadium is completed, Ithink Everton will be backup amongst the big hitters .
    United were awful yesterday , but don’t let that distract from the fact that Palace were excellent . They were much the better team and thoroughly deserved the points. It’s already looking like a six pointer between them and Newcastle :)

I’ll watch Chelsea v Liverpool today . I like Lampard and I think he’s got the credentials to eclipse other managers in the a Premier League . His signings look good and he’s been around some great managers to learn the ropes .

Should be a good game shortly .

Master
    My thoughts.

Chelsea have made the right signings for the most part and look potentially the best outside of the top two, certainly best placed to challenge.

Liverpool a few days ago I'd say looked to have a had an odd window, but the two players they have signed now are class. Maybe a defender missing?

City have not addressed the obvious weakness in their squad. I can't understand why.

United...Well, I'm not sure what we are up to. A couple of terrific young lads coming through but the need for a centre back is just so obvious. An absolute priority signing that hasn't been made. Top six rather than top four.

Interested to see Bale at Spurs. Suspect he might be past it but we will see, he's class on his day.

Everton look great so far.

Blog Entries
    Given the current climate ,lack of a pre season, new incomings ? i do not watch my side CFC these days as i am a bad omen but obviously hope we can get result against the Pool.Some interesting results i thought MU were exceptionally poor last night, Spurs with a quite unexpected 2nd half,Everton maybe they will eventually live up to expectations and Arsenal two games six points but still a but
    Whatever still hating no fans in the stadium just feels flat but i have put Sky sport back on so will grit my teeth and get on with it.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Whilst I didnt like the lack of crowds at the start now I've gotten used to it in some ways I prefer it to having crowds. You can hear the talk on the pitch, no abusive language/singing from the stands and it is a leveller for the away teams.

Kind of like watching sunday league football but with much better players.

From what I've seen so far the best teams have been Everton and Arsenal. Fulham are probably doomed and they rely on Mitrovic too much. I reckon City will win by 10+ points and Liverpool will finish outside the top 2.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=ryanb741;5537020]Whilst I didnt like the lack of crowds at the start now I've gotten used to it in some ways I prefer it to having crowds. You can hear the talk on the pitch, no abusive language/singing from the stands and it is a leveller for the away teams.

Football is all about the supporters, it is completely souless with no crowd

Master
    Not to mention most teams will go under without fans.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    My thoughts.

Chelsea have made the right signings for the most part and look potentially the best outside of the top two, certainly best placed to challenge.

Liverpool a few days ago I'd say looked to have a had an odd window, but the two players they have signed now are class. Maybe a defender missing?

City have not addressed the obvious weakness in their squad. I can't understand why.

United...Well, I'm not sure what we are up to. A couple of terrific young lads coming through but the need for a centre back is just so obvious. An absolute priority signing that hasn't been made. Top six rather than top four.

Interested to see Bale at Spurs. Suspect he might be past it but we will see, he's class on his day.

Everton look great so far.
    Liverpool signed a defender early on, another CH would ideal.

[QUOTE=wotsthecrack;5537029]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Whilst I didnt like the lack of crowds at the start now I've gotten used to it in some ways I prefer it to having crowds. You can hear the talk on the pitch, no abusive language/singing from the stands and it is a leveller for the away teams.

Yup
    Not for me at all .
    Whereas before, football would always be on , now I’ll just cherry pick games .
    Even watching City holds no real interest for me nowadays .

[QUOTE=wotsthecrack;5537029]

Ha! I'm an Arsenal fan. This season the atmosphere at the Emirates has been better than ever ;)

I agree that fans are important but seeing as now every game is televised it gives a great opportunity for the clubs to stream the matches to individual fans for far less than the probably £100 minimum it would cost you to go and see Arsenal or Chelsea. So more chance to see the game and be a part of the action. Unless you have an exec box or decent club seats the view at the stadium is rubbish anyway and you get ripped off massively with food and drink charges. So I think clubs could make more money by streaming each match for (say) £15, costing way less than a match ticket plus travel etc and actually you would probably get many more people buy these tickets so revenues would be up and it also doesn't discriminate against fans living in other geographical locations who are unable to physically go to the stadium (eg Asian, African fans etc).

Obviously you still get fans going to the stadium but maybe it becomes a more premium thing with better seats, waitress service etc. Probably loads of people will disagree (and probably rightly so) but this represents a great opportunity to expand the active fan base.

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537040]
    Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Ha! I'm an Arsenal fan. This season the atmosphere at the Emirates has been better than ever ;)

I agree that fans are important but seeing as now every game is televised it gives a great opportunity for the clubs to stream the matches to individual fans for far less than the probably £100 minimum it would cost you to go and see Arsenal or Chelsea. So more chance to see the game and be a part of the action. Unless you have an exec box or decent club seats the view at the stadium is rubbish anyway and you get ripped off massively with food and drink charges. So I think clubs could make more money by streaming each match for (say) £15, costing way less than a match ticket plus travel etc and actually you would probably get many more people buy these tickets so revenues would be up and it also doesn't discriminate against fans living in other geographical locations who are unable to physically go to the stadium (eg Asian, African fans etc).

Obviously you still get fans going to the stadium but maybe it becomes a more premium thing with better seats, waitress service etc. Probably loads of people will disagree (and probably rightly so) but this represents a great opportunity to expand the active fan base.
    Armchair fans will love this .
    Supporters will hate it .

[QUOTE=thegoat;5537044]
    Armchair fans will love this .
    Supporters will hate it .
    Yes and no. Some of the most die hard supporters are in Asia and they have no realistic prospect of going to a game even though they may be far more passionate about their team than a local. But I understand what you are trying to say. I wonder if the clubs think first and foremost of the supporters or of 'customers'? I'm an Arsenal fan but there is zero chance they would give a damn about me over the chance to make a killing in the Asian market

6 point's ehh. BRING IT. I been watching to much of that American auction TV thingy.

On a serious note you're probably right unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I don’t particularly share your optimism with City. Everything at the minute seems a bit half baked and I think we will get a shock on Monday. Everton look really good and I hope they do well . Theyve flattered to deceive on occasions but I truly think they are on the cusp of something really good . Ancelotti aside, the signings have been more than decent and it’s not a team you’d want to face hoping for an easy ride like previous seasons. Once the move to the new stadium is completed, Ithink Everton will be backup amongst the big hitters .
    United were awful yesterday , but don’t let that distract from the fact that Palace were excellent . They were much the better team and thoroughly deserved the points. It’s already looking like a six pointer between them and Newcastle :)

I’ll watch Chelsea v Liverpool today . I like Lampard and I think he’s got the credentials to eclipse other managers in the a Premier League . His signings look good and he’s been around some great managers to learn the ropes .

Should be a good game shortly .

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=ryanb741;5537040]

I support Newcastle, the actual game is hopefully the icing on the cake, meeting mates and family before the game, few beers, talking football with visiting fans in the Rose and Crown cannot be beaten. Only experienced hospitality in a box once, did not enjoy it at all and have never accepted any further invites. Give me the corner of the Gallowgate any day.

[QUOTE=wotsthecrack;5537081]

I support Newcastle, the actual game is hopefully the icing on the cake, meeting mates and family before the game, few beers, talking football with visiting fans in the Rose and Crown cannot be beaten. Only experienced hospitality in a box once, did not enjoy it at all and have never accepted any further invites. Give me the corner of the Gallowgate any day.
    Yep that's fair enough and I know the Geordies love their team and make it a central part of their life. Suspect the lack of fans hurts teams like Newcastle, Liverpool etc more than teams like Arsenal and Man City where the fans have a negligible impact.

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537050]
    Yes and no. Some of the most die hard supporters are in Asia and they have no realistic prospect of going to a game even though they may be far more passionate about their team than a local. But I understand what you are trying to say. I wonder if the clubs think first and foremost of the supporters or of 'customers'? I'm an Arsenal fan but there is zero chance they would give a damn about me over the chance to make a killing in the Asian market
    With the best will in the world , there’s no ‘diehard’ supporter on a different time zone and continent from any team .

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537095]
    Yep that's fair enough and I know the Geordies love their team and make it a central part of their life. Suspect the lack of fans hurts teams like Newcastle, Liverpool etc more than teams like Arsenal and Man City where the fans have a negligible impact.
    Wow !
    Really ?
    Football means more to Newcastle and Liverpool fans than City and Arsenal ??
    Christ! Where to start !

Grand Master
    Loving Leeds start but I might have a heart attack before Christmas at this rate! 2 matches in 7 scored 7 conceded!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

[QUOTE=thegoat;5537115]

Wow !
    Really ?
    Football means more to Newcastle and Liverpool fans than City and Arsenal ??
    Christ! Where to start !
    I.meant the fans have a bigger impact on their teams performance due to being more passionate and creating an intimidating atmosphere. Not that it means more.

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537159]
    I.meant the fans have a bigger impact on their teams performance due to being more passionate and creating an intimidating atmosphere. Not that it means more.
    But they don’t ,
    They are as passionate and as loving and as glib as the rest of the match going support country wide . It’s a myth that any atmosphere at any ground is better or worse than another.
    I’ve had experiences of crap atmospheres at City, United , Liverpool , Newcastle on numerous occasions, Leeds , NottsForest , I could continue.
    I’ve also had great experiences at the aforementioned grounds .
    It’s a well trodden line that atmospheres at certain grounds are better than others , but it’s absolute tosh .

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537040]
    Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack;[URL="tel:5537029"
    5537029[/URL]]Ha! I'm an Arsenal fan. This season the atmosphere at the Emirates has been better than ever ;)

I agree that fans are important but seeing as now every game is televised it gives a great opportunity for the clubs to stream the matches to individual fans for far less than the probably £100 minimum it would cost you to go and see Arsenal or Chelsea..
    £100 to watch Chelsea? Where would that seat be? My season ticket costs about £50 per game to watch the Blues from the Shed Upper, Members buy a match day ticket for £55-£65.

[QUOTE=bigvic;5537449]

£100 to watch Chelsea? Where would that seat be? My season ticket costs about £50 per game to watch the Blues from the Shed Upper, Members buy a match day ticket for £55-£65.

Yep and add your beer, add your burger, add your programme, add your travel. Soon adds up. That doesn't even factor in the pints in the pub before and after

[QUOTE=ryanb741;5537854]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic;[URL="tel:5537449"
    5537449[/URL]]

Yep and add your beer, add your burger, add your programme, add your travel. Soon adds up. That doesn't even factor in the pints in the pub before and after
    Not every club is as expensive as watching at the Emirates, according to your analogy I’ve bought tickets to watch Walton & Hersham that cost me far more than I’ve spent watching a Chelsea match. (Often seen a better game too)

Should be a good season, squads depth will play a huge part with the reduced length of the season.

I think Liverpool will win it again with City in second, but a fair distance back again.

As an Arsenal fan the first two games have been promising, we struggled more than I would have liked against West Ham and should have lost. Arteta seems to have got the team playing well just needs to find his best 11 and stick to it and see how we get on, I am optimistic for a top 4. I still think PEA is wasted on the left wing but he seems to be happy there. Our new CB looks fairly solid which is a bonus!

Everton did some good business, James for 20 mil is a steal, he has started well and if he enjoys his football again he is world class.

Jordan Pickford - you are a complete joke.

Come on Carlo, wake up and smell the coffee - that clown is going to lose you games.

Get rid now before he does any serious damage.

Although I'm a Newcastle supporter this comment isn't because he's a makem.

He really is just another Joe Hart. Hit the big time and believed his own hype. How he is England's No1 I'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Jordan Pickford - you are a complete joke.

Come on Carlo, wake up and smell the coffee - that clown is going to lose you games.

Get rid now before he does any serious damage.

Master
    [QUOTE=thegoat;5537168]

But they don’t ,
    They are as passionate and as loving and as glib as the rest of the match going support country wide . It’s a myth that any atmosphere at any ground is better or worse than another.
    I’ve had experiences of crap atmospheres at City, United , Liverpool , Newcastle on numerous occasions, Leeds , NottsForest , I could continue.
    I’ve also had great experiences at the aforementioned grounds .
    It’s a well trodden line that atmospheres at certain grounds are better than others , but it’s absolute tosh .
    European game at anfield is absolute next level, never heard noise like it. Same with United game and Everton.

But agree the likes of West Ham at home the atmosphere is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post

He really is just another Joe Hart. Hit the big time and believed his own hype. How he is England's No1 I'll never know.

He was pathetic last night and even the pundits were having a go. We got away with it against a Div 1 team, but when we play Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc his actions could cost us big time.

I think any team playing Everton will think test the goalie, he couldn't catch a cold.

The same Joe Hart that has two Premier League titles and an FA Cup winners medal ? That one ?
    Out of interest, how do you know that Hart and Pickford ‘ believed the hype’ ?
    It’s lazy stereotyping .
    I’m not Pickfords biggest fan , but English media revel in hyping up various players on a whim and then casting them aside at the earliest opportunity. There have been dozens, if not hundreds of ‘ the next big thing ‘ or ‘ the best since ..............’ . You could probably name the next few too .
    It’s a lazy journalists narrative and it’s picked up by even lazier supposed football fans .

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I have an opinion and I'll stick to it thank's.

It's what it's all about. Opinions. Everyone has one. Good or bad.
    The same Joe Hart that has two Premier League titles and an FA Cup winners medal ? That one ?
    Out of interest, how do you know that Hart and Pickford ‘ believed the hype’ ?
    It’s lazy stereotyping .
    I’m not Pickfords biggest fan , but English media revel in hyping up various players on a whim and then casting them aside at the earliest opportunity. There have been dozens, if not hundreds of ‘ the next big thing ‘ or ‘ the best since ..............’ . You could probably name the next few too .
    It’s a lazy journalists narrative and it’s picked up by even lazier supposed football fans .

What the hell is wrong with Carlo Ancelotti, world class manager who has won everything yet cannot recognise a s*** goalkeeper when he sees one.

Pickford has been picked again. I'm now hoping that he makes several more mistakes and Crystal Palace beat us as a result, then he might see what the rest of us can see.

Personally, I would be happy with Joe Hart, I think like others he gets a bad press because he isn't a sweeper keeper who is half goalkeeper, half defender. Clearly Manuel Neuer set the standard and the two Brazilian goalkeepers at Liverpool and City are in that mould.

Old Joe is a safe pair of hands and that would do me. I think my 92 year old MIL would make less mistakes than Pickford.

Just about to watch it do let's see.
    Edit: Wow what a nice first goal.
    Bullet of a reply tho. Don't think anyone could of stopped that going in.

Last edited by sickie; 26th September 2020 at 15:28.

Good start.

I like the kit. They wore that in the 1968 cup final - and lost.

This VAR is is bonkers. It's just spoiling thing's. That was a harsh decision.

Ball to hand is always harsh, but as it's our penalty I'll say it was deffo hand ball

Blog Entries
    Just about to watch it do let's see.
    Edit: Wow what a nice first goal.
    Bullet of a reply tho. Don't think anyone could of stopped that going in.

First two goals were super but that pen decision

Well it wasn't pretty towards the end but not a bad game. Rodriguez look's absolute class.

Blog Entries
    Just watching my lot of “ strawberry shortcakes” that away kit is atrocious and an away goal just to make things worse.

Wow that pink is umm interesting. Ohh & 2 down now. Ouch.

Edit: Ohh my it get's worse. Frank isn't looking happy.

Last edited by sickie; 26th September 2020 at 17:59.

Blog Entries
    Wow that pink is umm interesting. Ohh & 2 down now. Ouch.

Make it three down can we play Barnsley every weekwe’re is Big Sam when you need him?

Seriously think a full rethink is wanted and as much as i respect Frank we need to look at his management with a jaundiced eye and possibly look elsewhere.
    Last edited by mart broad; 26th September 2020 at 18:07.

Chelsea's defence tonight! Pffffttt!!!

Still, we (Arsenal) are at Anfield later, possibly a case of 'hold my beer'.

After being backed big time with 250 million this isn't exactly looking good for him.

It's still just the start of the season so thing's might improve but really their shouldn't be any excuses for that first 45 minutes.

I just hope Mr Son fractures his big toe before tomorrow's game or we're toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Make it three down can we play Barnsley every weekwe’re is Big Sam when you need him?

Seriously think a full rethink is wanted and as much as i respect Frank we need to look at his management with a jaundiced eye and possibly look elsewhere.

So who was the last Chelsea keeper to save a shot on target? Petr Cech?

It's still just the start of the season so thing's might improve
    I hope they do for United, five goals conceded against mediocre opponents. Looks like form has gone backwards. Kane, Son, Mane, Salah, Sterling will destroy that defence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow fair play, great comeback

Lampard brought in a new defensive coach Anthony Barry this season and positionally we at least look better at the back but it doesn’t matter how great the coach, system or players are if they’ve actually lost they’re confidence.
    Even the experienced Silva making a Gerrard-esque slip isn’t helping the younger players around him.
    Unless they start to improve at the back I think it won’t be long before “we need to talk about Frank” .

Master
    As a Utd fan I’m still shocked how we won yesterday credit to Brighton they battered us and we look dead on our feet after two games,

I must say across the board the art of defending seems to have disappeared from football and bar van dijk who also had a shaky start v Leeds I can’t think of any top rate defender

What happened to the days of Rio Adams sol ledley etc etc all of whom were exceptional one v one

Defending is more about positioning than tackling nowadays and don’t get me started on var and penalties what a joke the handball rule is