closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    He's 33. I just can't see him lighting the Prem up in his remaining years at the top.

I appreciate he is a genius even so.
    Zlatan was 34 when he signed for United .
    He didn’t do too shabbily .

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    In for the win…! A bit of 15/16 history repeating

You heard it here first…
    Wish I was so confident this time round.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Zlatan was 34 when he signed for United .
    He didn’t do too shabbily .
    He was a bright light in the dim crud of the Mourinho years...you would hope Messi would deliver more.

Grand Master
    apparently Messi is a massive Newells Old Boys and Bielsa fan.....just saying......
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Wow.
    It seems more and more likely by the minute.
    Bookies have stopped taking bets, insiders are stating it’s almost a done deal once the legalities are out of the way and he actually wants to come and play for ickle old Citeh .

#welcomeNathanAke

and Messi

Seems like Messi's move to Arsenal has broken down as Arteta couldn't guarantee him a starting place ahead of Eddie Nketiah.....

In the meanwhile Newcastle United (my team unfortunately) are trying to buy/loan as many defenders as possible because we have no striker's. Makes perfect sense No?

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I wonder how much messi would cost in fantasy football, how much more he'd be than other top end players?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I hadn’t realised the toilet paper shortage had started again!

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Colchester United / League 2.

Chances of promotion this year are not good. They weren't able to renew some key players contracts, so they have now gone to other clubs.
    A wanderer here also in the fourth tier.
    Looking at promotion via playoffs or even automatic.
    But its a new manager and team for us so we dont know how well and quickly they will gel together

Who are the teams most likely to be around the top in this league?

I don't know what is happening at MUFC. They need to clear deadwood off their wage bill, recruit new players, integrate new players, the new season is not that far off. Very quiet, except for the Sancho saga (great provider, but they need a scorer), is anything going to happen?

Perhaps the Glazers don't see any advantage in costly investment for the incremental financial rewards brought by actually winning something whilst they can continue to reap the benefits of United's continued global popularity. Third or fourth and an autumn tour of Europe will do. Perhaps they don't see OGS sticking around and are holding back funds.

Master
    Transfer window closes in October I think, plenty of time for all sorts of things to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Transfer window closes in October I think, plenty of time for all sorts of things to happen.
    You are right and there is a case for seeing if they start and OGS does okay. However, they know that they are thin right now, so I think that they should act soon. Starting with only 11 or 12 decent players, attrition through injury and form will bite.

My predictions:

Grealish will leave Villa
    FFP is dead and clubs will take advantage
    Thiago Alcantara will sign for Liverpool
    Thiago Silva will be excellent at Chelsea
    Newcastle will have a season of utter obscurity yet again
    Liverpool will win the EPL if City don't get Messi
    Messi will stay at Barca
    Pogba will be anonymous again

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Why wouldn't Villa be able to afford to buy unless we sell? Big club, big fanbase. Last year Villa's owners were the third richest in the PL with about £10billion between them. It's quite possible Covid has had an impact on that but the owners apparently intend to spend the money to get the club up the table. There's no necessity to sell Grealish or anyone else to pay for it and investment in new players will probably be to the maximum amount of FFP and from sales of fringe players.

Obscurity? No we will be front and centre of ridicule
    I fear this is going to be our worst season ever. No first choice goalkeeper or at least until maybe November and considering he's been player of the season 2 year's running that says a lot.
    No striker's unless you count Andy Carroll if he can string 2 games together. I seriously doubt Jokelinton will do anything.
    Plenty of "Defender's" if that's what you call them and to add to that we're on the hunt for a few more defender's. You just couldn't make it up

Ohh I forgot. We have a few midfielders who might score a few.
    God help us.

The need for at least one reliable striker is clear for all to see. Joelinton is as bad as I’ve seen in the EPL and at Newcastle....and I remember George Riley!

The lack of activity is both expected and demoralising. Hendrick’s a good signing. Not a world beater but as good as we’re likely to attract.

I’ve just cancelled my Sky Sports subscription this afternoon as I’ve lost all interest.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Obscurity? No we will be front and centre of ridicule
    I fear this is going to be our worst season ever. No first choice goalkeeper or at least until maybe November and considering he's been player of the season 2 year's running that says a lot.
    No striker's unless you count Andy Carroll if he can string 2 games together. I seriously doubt Jokelinton will do anything.
    Plenty of "Defender's" if that's what you call them and to add to that we're on the hunt for a few more defender's. You just couldn't make it up

Ohh I forgot. We have a few midfielders who might score a few.
    God help us.

Demoralising is a perfect word for our situation.

Lots of spirit today by Arsenal. Despite the Gunners playing a much more weakened team compared to Liverpool (and having far less preparation time) I thought they were the better team and had the greater cutting edge. It is vital Aubameyang signs and that they strengthen elsewhere but they will be much harder to beat this season.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Arteta has given them organisation and self belief. The transfers coming in should boost them further. We are better defensively and are playing excellent counter attacking football. The whole team is playing with more self belief. I hope we don’t sell either Maitland-Niles or Martinez.

Worth noting that Arsenal have won more trophies in August 2020 than Tottenham have in the last 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Arteta has given them organisation and self belief. The transfers coming in should boost them further. We are better defensively and are playing excellent counter attacking football. The whole team is playing with more self belief. I hope we don’t sell either Maitland-Niles or Martinez.
    Why is Arsenal selling Holding? Has been playing, no good, injury prone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Why is Arsenal selling Holding? Has been playing, no good, injury prone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He is a decent player but we are overstocked at that position. He hasn’t really developed into the player we hoped and we are looking to sell players to raise funds for areas that do need improvements.

Dunno about selling but apparently we're try to broker a loan deal for him.
    Nothing against him but yet again we're looking to add another defender (WHY) even a blind man can see we need firepower
    It just gets worse the more I read the papers

Ohh and apparently we're trying to sign Ryan Fraser on a free. Left sided winger but could be a good deal in all the gloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    He is a decent player but we are overstocked at that position. He hasn’t really developed into the player we hoped and we are looking to sell players to raise funds for areas that do need improvements.

Blog Entries
    Just seen La Liga have backed Barca in their asking price of 700 million€ buy out fee and Messi did not attend the Covid testing so interesting times ahead.
    Surely not even City would pay that sort of money combined with the current salary for what is arguably the Worlds best player but also 33 yrs old?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Banned
    What a shame for Barca and messi to end their incredible relationship on a sour note. Barca should let him leave for free to wherever he wants to go. He is arguable the greatest of all time and at 33 and a year left on he’s contract, it would be sensible to let him leave in the way he wants.

Quick word about my lot, but in Hojbjerg and Doherty I think we've made two astute signings in positions that were key for us in terms of weaknesses. We now need to sign backup for Harry and we'll be in quite a good place with regard to squad depth.

The only misgiving I have is that we might be too reliant on Lo Celso as our main playmaker. I'd like to see both Ndombele and Aurier shipped out the door to free up some much-needed cash - should that happen then I think we could see a couple more notable signings before the end of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Just seen La Liga have backed Barca in their asking price of 700 million€ buy out fee and Messi did not attend the Covid testing so interesting times ahead.
    Surely not even City would pay that sort of money combined with the current salary for what is arguably the Worlds best player but also 33 yrs old?
    Hardly any surprise that La Liga want their no.1 asset to stay although I’m not sure they’ll have any legal grounds to enforce the release fee, it will come down to Messi’s terms of his contract and the legal impact the delay to the season from Covid could have on those terms.
    it does seem clear that Messi has decided his playing days at Barca are over.

Classy from Ajax

I'm dreading next week. I just see it as a season of misery and it hasn't even started yet.
    On the upside. We might actually buy a few players this week instead of freebies and loan's.
    Callum Wilson who by all accounts actually prefers a move to us.
    Ryan Fraser on a free.
    Jamal Lewis left back from Norwich.

Not the best but also not the worst given our situation.

Ohh and yeah that is a classy message from Ajax

Leeds looking like the real deal against Liverpool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Leeds looking like the real deal against Liverpool.

Just got turned over and no rewards for losing with some style one dodgy pen makes all the difference.
    Is it just me but just not enjoying my football the games are flat without crowd input?
    Now it is time to get the opinions of the overpriced ponces sorry experts.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Yes they lost but if they can play like that for most of the season I don't see them having any worries. Crowd's make a massive difference but it was still a good game either way.

Middlesbrough fan here and doubtful of our club doing anything near the top of the Championship this season...

Just watched most of the L'pool v Leeds game, decent enough but by christ the game needs the fans back, imagine the atmosphere that game would of produced...

0- we're gonna win the league.

Good start for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Just got turned over and no rewards for losing with some style one dodgy pen makes all the difference.
    Is it just me but just not enjoying my football the games are flat without crowd input?
    Now it is time to get the opinions of the overpriced ponces sorry experts.
    Leeds did not get turned over in that game.

The Liverpool team was ostensibly the one that won the CL and PL. Leeds went and matched them for much of the game. We will be fine this season. The fitness and intensity levels will blow away some of the teams below the so-called top 6.

Craftsman
    Leeds look good for a top half finish from that performance.

Liverpool were not the same Liverpool that won the league so imperiously. Their defence was appalling. That being said Leeds showed a lot of heart but I fear there may be a bit of the Norwich about them and they get found out pretty soon. I'd say Bielsa is a much better coach than Farke so he should be able to keep them up and if they can get some quality in (and Bielsa will be a big draw for Latin players so it is possible) then a top 10 finish is doable.

Great start for Arsenal although Fulham are clearly relegation fodder so we must put it into perspective.

So, we (West Ham) have bought no one and sold a loanee (to a rival team) who would have been pushing for the first team this season so are in exactly the same position we were in last season, where we struggled big time. We stayed up because there were several teams who were worse.. they've largely been relegated to be replaced by teams who are looking a lot stronger.

I'm not going to be setting the series link for MotD! This is going to be a very, very long season.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    So, we (West Ham) have bought no one and sold a loanee (to a rival team) who would have been pushing for the first team this season so are in exactly the same position we were in last season, where we struggled big time. We stayed up because there were several teams who were worse.. they've largely been relegated to be replaced by teams who are looking a lot stronger.

I'm not going to be setting the series link for MotD! This is going to be a very, very long season.
    Snap, our usual pub chat has been around teams that are worse than West Ham who will get relegated instead of us.
    That conversation is getting shorter and shorter..!!

Great performance and result for us at West Ham yesterday.

I'm impressed with Everton this afternoon, a huge improvement on last season. James and Dacoure look the business.

Matt Doherty must be wondering what he's done moving from one of the best footballing teams in the PL to this turgid, negative dross that Jose turns out.

Surely Kane must be ringing his agent tonight and asking him to get the fu*k out of there. The way Sanchez did after his first ever Jose training session.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 13th September 2020 at 18:04.

I'll still go with Arsenal being in the top 4 but Spurs will struggle for top 7 unless they get some fresh blood in their.
    I just think they've gone stale.

My own team I'm actually a bit more upbeat about now that we've done some very good business. I know it's only 1 game but I think we might even get to top ten barring any major injuries to Wilson.

Fingers crossed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Liverpool were not the same Liverpool that won the league so imperiously. Their defence was appalling. That being said Leeds showed a lot of heart but I fear there may be a bit of the Norwich about them and they get found out pretty soon. I'd say Bielsa is a much better coach than Farke so he should be able to keep them up and if they can get some quality in (and Bielsa will be a big draw for Latin players so it is possible) then a top 10 finish is doable.

Great start for Arsenal although Fulham are clearly relegation fodder so we must put it into perspective.
    Think we need another 2 players. In all honest we have been pretty flat since January.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Snap, our usual pub chat has been around teams that are worse than West Ham who will get relegated instead of us.
    That conversation is getting shorter and shorter..!!
    I know!

I was hoping a win against the barcodes would be a nice start against the nightmare next few fixtures we have.

Still, we did lose the first four last season.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Good start for the mighty blues yesterday. Spurs just didn't turn up and I can't see Jose lasting the season.

Best not get too carried away, we need another 37 points for safety

I've updated my predictions below....

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    My predictions:

Grealish will leave Villa
    FFP is dead and clubs will take advantage
    Thiago Alcantara will sign for Liverpool - correct! He'll wear the number 6.
    Thiago Silva will be excellent at Chelsea
    Newcastle will have a season of utter obscurity yet again
    Liverpool will win the EPL if City don't get Messi
    Messi will stay at Barca - correct! Was always going to stay.
    Pogba will be anonymous again

Tuesday's news today, Jack Grealish has signed a five-year contract with the mighty Villa:

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/202...at-aston-villa

Martinez in goal, Mings ahead of him, Douglas Luiz with Grealish, John McGinn and now Bertrand Traoré in midfield and Ollie Watkins up front (26 goals in the Championship last year and already scored in the friendly win against ManU and Carabao cup win on Tuesday). We should have another winger coming, and probably another striker. The three other defenders aren't bad and, well, we're in significantly better shape than last season when we had to buy in virtually a whole new squad.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Thiago deal looks done for Liverpool and also im told Sarr from Watfor is also done.

Two great additions to Liverpool if they both complete. Grujic looks to be on his way out which is no great loss and i could possibly see Shaqiri going if we get a decent offer.

What's going on, we're 5-2 up. Everton just don't score 5

You can against 10 man West Brom!

Actually I watched Everton last weekend and was very impressed. A few top signings and a top, top coach. Things are looking up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What's going on, we're 5-2 up. Everton just don't score 5