closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1326

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Master
    It's been a great near 3 years under one of the world's greatest coaches, Marcelo Bielsa. He's done a fantastic job whilst always being humble, respectful of everybody else and the game, improving the players and playing exciting/attacking football. A great time to be Leeds and we've certainly waited long enough to be back!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Another trophy that City take seriously.
    Strong team, loads of respect to Spurs by the manager. Dominant all through the game and well deserved .
    Indeed - bossed the 1st half & deserved the win... but we need to improve on our finishing.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Indeed - bossed the 1st half & deserved the win... but we need to improve on our finishing.

z
    Two last ditch blocks by defenders, two great stops by Lloris.
    Any other day, we waltz that by three or four .
    We didn’t have a recognized striker on at any moment .
    But.
    Bring on Haaland and Grealish , job done .

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    It's been a great near 3 years under one of the world's greatest coaches, Marcelo Bielsa. He's done a fantastic job whilst always being humble, respectful of everybody else and the game, improving the players and playing exciting/attacking football. A great time to be Leeds and we've certainly waited long enough to be back!
    I've enjoyed watching Leeds this season, they will give anyone a tough game and not afraid of the big boys. Their position is well deserved.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    +1
    It’s been a long way back! I think if we add a good left back, plus competition for Phillips and Bamford I genuinely think we could break the top 6 next season. Alioski, Ayling, Struijk, Llorente and Phillips all immense today. Our wingers were little off today, if Raphinha had played I think we’d have won that.

Bring on Haaland and Grealish, get shut of Sterling, job done .
    FTFY

Master
    Grealish, Foden and De Bruyne all in the same team?

I know Pep loves a midfielder but they're the same player. All quality but not sure why you'd want Grealish, Foden should be the future IMO.

Another trophy that City take seriously.
    Strong team, loads of respect to Spurs by the manager. Dominant all through the game and well deserved .
    Lottery winners win a trophy no one else cares about.
    Result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    FTFY
    Sterling is trying too hard , that’s all .
    He’s a fantastic player and a great attribute to this side . He’s staying as long as Fraudiola is .

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Lottery winners win a trophy no one else cares about.
    Result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You OK hun ?
    Your shower took it seriously until the semi final , right ?

But.
    Grealish wouldn't get in the City starting XI ahead of Mahrez, Foden or De Bruyne and I'm not sure Haaland is a Man City-type striker. Now Mbappe up front for City? That would be carnage. But PSG won't sell him. Surely Harry Kane would be the one to get and nailed on he is available this summer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 25th April 2021 at 23:32.

Considering Villa's owners' wealth and ambition and that Grealish is captain of his boyhood club (and has been going to watch all the matches plus U23s matches while he's been injured) I think it more likely De Bruyne will come to Villa than Grealish go to Man City. And as Bondurant says, Foden is the future and already at ManC, what a player. But we'll see.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Only caught up on the highlights just now.

Might have a been a tougher task with 10 men?

How that first yellow wasn't given is beyond my understanding; it's been standard for years?

You OK hun ?
    Your shower took it seriously until the semi final , right ?
    Pep does like winning the league cup, I think City needs to win the Champions League this season. For the money City has spent 4 league cups and 2 titles and a FA cup is a pretty poor return from the "best" manager in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Pep does like winning the league cup, I think City needs to win the Champions League this season. For the money City has spent 4 league cups and 2 titles and a FA cup is a pretty poor return from the "best" manager in the world.
    Just about to win their 3rd title in 4 years. Poor return? Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Might also have to do with the EFL being Pep’s toughest job so far and other teams more than capable of winning trophies.
    Before Pep arrived most of the top clubs didn’t even take the FA Cup seriously, regularly fielding weak teams. Pep has taken every competition seriously and that, in turn, has been seen the other top clubs fielding stronger teams.
    As for money, it’s what you do with it (Pogba, Harry Maguire and Alexi Sanchez immediately spring to mind) and City happen to be one of the best run clubs, top to bottom.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Might have a been a tougher task with 10 men?

How that first yellow wasn't given is beyond my understanding; it's been standard for years?
    Absolutely and it’s been highlighted in all the headlines. The point is, Laporte would probably have been a lot more careful had he got the yellow that the first challenge should have brought.

Said before, feel sorry for Spurs fans seeing what Mourinho has done to what was a very good team - certainly in an attacking sense. No Champs League and (presumably) no money to spend (with the new stadium debt) makes you wonder who they will be able to attract to take them forward. Maybe Nuno from Wolves who seem to have lost their way recently. Would an established name go there with things as they are?

Blog Entries
    But.
    Boom…. Best part of £140m - just like that…!

You don’t need Grealish…. You need a forward…. Maybe Kalechi?

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Absolutely and it’s been highlighted in all the headlines. The point is, Laporte would probably have been a lot more careful had he got the yellow that the first challenge should have brought.

Said before, feel sorry for Spurs fans seeing what Mourinho has done to what was a very good team - certainly in an attacking sense. No Champs League and (presumably) no money to spend (with the new stadium debt) makes you wonder who they will be able to attract to take them forward. Maybe Nuno from Wolves who seem to have lost their way recently. Would an established name go there with things as they are?
    Spurs hasn't had a deep squad in quite a few years IMO... we got closed to winning the CL a couple of years ago - Pochettino did a great job and that required a bit of luck too. The new stadium is great (then covid happened...) In reality the team hasn't won anything in years. Still keeping my hopes high, but expectations low:(

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Boom…. Best part of £140m - just like that…!

You don’t need Grealish…. You need a forward…. Maybe Kalechi?
    Haaland alone will probably cost that . Your mob would probably want that too for Ian to come home ;)

Grealish wouldn’t replace anyone, he’d complement the squad .
    He’s nothing like Foden or KDB , his skill sets are quite unique . He’s the most fouled player in the league for a reason. With regards to him staying at Villa, ambitious owners are one thing. Being allowed to spend the money is another. The history clubs and their acolytes have seen to that .
    Grealish is like any other footballer in that he will want to win trophies and he will have much the better chances at City.

Blog Entries
    Haaland alone will probably cost that . Your mob would probably want that too for Ian to come home ;)

Grealish wouldn’t replace anyone, he’d complement the squad .
    He’s nothing like Foden or KDB , his skill sets are quite unique . He’s the most fouled player in the league for a reason. With regards to him staying at Villa, ambitious owners are one thing. Being allowed to spend the money is another. The history clubs and their acolytes have seen to that .
    Grealish is like any other footballer in that he will want to win trophies and he will have much the better chances at City.
    Are you seriously linked with him? A good player…. And although he has a different dimension I wouldn’t often play him ahead of Mahrez or an in form Sterling

I wouldn’t want to stunt Foden’s development either (I’m starting to appreciate what all the fuss is about)

Do you have that kind of dough for those two players? Will it not impact FFP?

Oh…. And you couldn’t afford Ian

https://streamgg.com/ib/lnzkwMkwhG

Pick the bones out of that!
    Last edited by Wolfie; 26th April 2021 at 21:59.

I wouldn’t want to stunt Foden’s development either (I’m starting to appreciate what all the fuss is about)

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that he's the most important English player at the moment.

Are you seriously linked with him?
    Only because claickbait websites = one of the best players in the league not playing for the one with the most money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Only because claickbait websites = one of the best players in the league not playing for the one with the most money.
    Says the Villa fan! I suspect you’re right though…

Says the Villa fan! I suspect you’re right though…
    Of course. Also someone fed up with the fans of teams with the most money dictating which players they'll buy because their team has the most money, with the most expensive players, who are thus most likely to win trophies and therefore be the only destination for the best players from other teams. And I appreciate Villa's owners have a huge amount of money. But then Grealish is Villa through and through and as I mentioned before, not only captain of his boyhood club but has been going to all the matches he's missed while injured and going to the U23 matches. He's already likely on a lot of money; does he want to move from where the team is and will be built around him, where he can help it move up the table, or go elsewhere to a club that buys the best players and all the trophies, where he'll not start all the time and where the challenge is not to win trophies but not to lose them?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    No, you’re right of course. I get all my info from the Daily Mail.
    Personally, I have no feelings either way on who City do and don’t sign . If the manager wants him, that’s good enough for me . It was when we were the poor relations and it still stands today .
    The guy who told me about Grealish is well connected with the club, he has been correct on a number of transfers before and also called a couple that went the other way when it was seemingly a done deal ( Sanchez to United for one ) . The staff are keen on him and Grealish, supposedly, is interested. Wether it comes off is anybody’s guess.
    We still have the buyback clause in Luiz’ deals at the end of this season for £25 million. Our manager was extremely peeved that he didn’t get the work permit whilst with us . Wether this could be used as a makeweight or not would also be interesting.

As an aside, how long do you think it would take Villa to compete? It would be extremely difficult to build a team around Grealish, Watkins , Cash etc within a couple of years. You only have to see the clamour of the press and pundits telling Harry Kane that he needs to move on to see the pressure these players and clubs are under to win trophies and medals.

Good turnaround for fake City last night Ben . Some strike from Nacho man . I think that cements top 4 for Leicester, a couple of tricky games left but I think you’re better than United and Spurs .

Blog Entries
    Good turnaround for fake City last night Ben . Some strike from Nacho man . I think that cements top 4 for Leicester, a couple of tricky games left but I think you’re better than United and Spurs .
    There’s only one City pal !!!

Big Sam suggested we were the second best team in the league! I’ll take that (although don’t believe it)

7pts with 5 games to go is some swing…. Points on the board needed Friday to put pressure on the pack…. Would love to see us catch Yernited, but, I’m just being greedy!

Nacho is unreal…. That finish was just superb…. He strikes the ball so early and so powerfully

He’s always had that first touch and devastating finish. I first saw him years ago in the U19s v United and he scored an absolute cracker.
    Everyone tells me he’s not a Pep player but Guardiola has always been really effusive about him . I ‘ heard’ last night that there’s a £50 million buyback clause but it’s the first I’ve ever heard about it.
    Imagine how good you would be withKante and Mahrez still in the team ? They are both playing superbly at the minute . Just watching Chelsea and you’d think Kante had just come on the way he’s having around the pitch .

Blog Entries
    He’s always had that first touch and devastating finish. I first saw him years ago in the U19s v United and he scored an absolute cracker.
    Everyone tells me he’s not a Pep player but Guardiola has always been really effusive about him . I ‘ heard’ last night that there’s a £50 million buyback clause but it’s the first I’ve ever heard about it.
    Imagine how good you would be withKante and Mahrez still in the team ? They are both playing superbly at the minute . Just watching Chelsea and you’d think Kante had just come on the way he’s having around the pitch .
    Loved Kante and Mahrez was the most gifted player I’ve seen in a city shirt

The £50m buy back expired last year and he’s just signed and extended deal with us - hands off!

Master
    I ‘ heard’ last night that there’s a £50 million buyback clause but it’s the first I’ve ever heard about it.
    Believe there was but now expired. He seems like a nice bloke and he’s having a great time.

Master
    Looked like a great game in Paris last night, if the highlights are anything to go by!

Bit of luck about the City goals, but you make your own luck when you perform as well as that

I think they'll make the final now

Master
    An archetypal game of two halves. PSG sublime in the first and City came back very strongly in the second. Their goals were soft but they deserved the win I thought. PSG had lost their heads by the end.

Set up nicely for the second leg, PSG can't be cagey, they have to go for it.

I very rarely last right through in games that United aren't playing in but last night was a great watch.

It was a good match, surprised PSG looked so poor in the second half. City did step it up but PSG should have been able to cope and conceded 2 very soft goals. Neymar has to be the most frustrating player on the planet, his talent is clear to see but all the diving and rolling around is just pathetic. Just stay on your feet and play football!

Arsenal fan here but after the Super League fiasco I'm glad we are getting smashed by Villarreal. Hope we lose horribly. I'd also like to see us start next season with a 20 point deduction (and the same with the other unfaithful sides). This treachery must be punished.

I'm likely to move my affiliation to Southampton from next season also as a result.

A Man City v Man Utd European Super Cup next season looking likely.

United playing like they should. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    United playing like they should. I like it.
    The way Pogba, Fernandes and Cavani knitted together was a delight to watch. Centre backs still need sorting out and Cavani will be a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal fan here but after the Super League fiasco I'm glad we are getting smashed by Villarreal. Hope we lose horribly. I'd also like to see us start next season with a 20 point deduction (and the same with the other unfaithful sides). This treachery must be punished.

I'm likely to move my affiliation to Southampton from next season also as a result.

Wow! "unfaithful sides"??? Unfaithful to whom? UEFA?

As a Chelsea fan, I was overwhelmingly pleased that the ESL idea was quickly and decisively kicked to the kerb but only because it was a monumentally ill-conceived concept. A small, selective league with no perceptible competitive element. Utterly ridiculous!

However, are we saying that nobody should ever be allowed to challenge the massively corrupt fiefdom of UEFA or FIFA? Are we saying that once you're under their control you have to accede to their every whim? The real reason UEFA were so outraged by the ESL idea is that it would have taken money from their trough. A trough funded by you and me. UEFA don't give a stuff about football or fans.

The ESL was a stupid idea but, what really needs to happen is for all sides to come together and reconstruct the entire football concept. To put people in control who truly care about all levels of the game. However, the problem is that the billionaires were allowed in and for anyone to believe they wouldn't want to milk the business for all its worth and to exercise unrelenting greed is naivety of the highest order.

Liverpool Man Utd on Sunday ..... as a Liverpool fan I’m rather nervous ...... although I’d be nervous if they were playing my sons team at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Wow! "unfaithful sides"??? Unfaithful to whom? UEFA?

As a Chelsea fan, I was overwhelmingly pleased that the ESL idea was quickly and decisively kicked to the kerb but only because it was a monumentally ill-conceived concept. A small, selective league with no perceptible competitive element. Utterly ridiculous!

However, are we saying that nobody should ever be allowed to challenge the massively corrupt fiefdom of UEFA or FIFA? Are we saying that once you're under their control you have to accede to their every whim? The real reason UEFA were so outraged by the ESL idea is that it would have taken money from their trough. A trough funded by you and me. UEFA don't give a stuff about football or fans.

The ESL was a stupid idea but, what really needs to happen is for all sides to come together and reconstruct the entire football concept. To put people in control who truly care about all levels of the game. However, the problem is that the billionaires were allowed in and for anyone to believe they wouldn't want to milk the business for all its worth and to exercise unrelenting greed is naivety of the highest order.
    Patrick Bamford put it perfectly when he said how quick UEFA could respond when money was involved but where are they on the racism issue. Pep was also bang on when he called the other clubs cynical. Football is a business whether we like it or not and there's no going backwards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Patrick Bamford put it perfectly when he said how quick UEFA could respond when money was involved but where are they on the racism issue. Pep was also bang on when he called the other clubs cynical. Football is a business whether we like it or not and there's no going backwards.
    Spot on, on all counts.

Pickford having a good game tonight. Play like that all the time and I'll let you stay

Good open game, end to end stuff.

Meh !

Well done City, well deserved.

I love anyone beating PSG. They dominate a crappy national league, but cannot compete with the big boys. A bit like Scotland really. I always thought PSG were a big spending version of Celtic

Master
    So the final will be between 2 of the mercenaries.
    Will not bother to watch.
    Last edited by Hood; 4th May 2021 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Well done City, well deserved.

I love anyone beating PSG. They dominate a crappy national league, but cannot compete with the big boys. A bit like Scotland really. I always thought PSG were a big spending version of Celtic
    Their antics tonight were pathetic.... crowding the ref for the smallest of incidents and the dirty fouling in the second half. They were outplayed and couldn’t deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    So the final will be between 2 of the mercenaries.
    Will not bother to watch.
    Will you also not bother to post ?
    Please .

Master
    Will you also not bother to post ?
    Please .
    Surprised how short people's memories seem to be.
    2 weeks ago everyone slaughtered the teams and now we are lauding them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Surprised how short people's memories seem to be.
    2 weeks ago everyone slaughtered the teams and now we are lauding them again.
    Clubs, teams and fans. Three different things. Enjoy your not watching.

City have an awesome team With such talented players and I hope they go on to win. Their style of play is lovely.
    Last edited by awright101; 5th May 2021 at 17:42.