closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

I reckon the lack of fans is contributing to making the games more entertaining. Firstly teams aren't parking the bus any more but also I reckon they are playing with more freedom as they don't have the crowds on their back if they make a mistake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I reckon the lack of fans is contributing to making the games more entertaining. Firstly teams aren't parking the bus any more but also I reckon they are playing with more freedom as they don't have the crowds on their back if they make a mistake
    Cannot agree Ryan for me the now armchair fan i am finding the games totally lacking. I have not reinstated my BT sport and probably will not and as to Sky sports they are back on but in truth i am not enjoying my football ( especially the first half against WBA yesterday) without the crowds .
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Got to be honest. I'm not holding out much hope for today.

Edit: Absolutely abysmal first half.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 27th September 2020 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Cannot agree Ryan for me the now armchair fan i am finding the games totally lacking. I have not reinstated my BT sport and probably will not and as to Sky sports they are back on but in truth i am not enjoying my football ( especially the first half against WBA yesterday) without the crowds .
    I'm not so sure Mart - the atmosphere at the Emirates this season has been the best for years!

In seriousness yes I agree the lack of fans makes it very flat and hard to get involved. However teams do seem to be playing with more freedom

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad;[URL="[URL
    tel:5542662[/URL]"]5542662[/URL]]Cannot agree Ryan for me the now armchair fan i am finding the games totally lacking. I have not reinstated my BT sport and probably will not and as to Sky sports they are back on but in truth i am not enjoying my football ( especially the first half against WBA yesterday) without the crowds .
    I feel exactly the same Mart, maybe being a match going fan I’m missing the whole days experience of a match day, getting up early, putting on the lucky watch and or shirt ( that might just be me...), travelling to meet up with my mates, the odd shandy before, walking to the ground soaking in the atmosphere, catching up with the faces who sit around us, the emotional rollercoaster during the actual game, dissecting it after in the pub and a bag of chips before the long journey home to the wife who’s going to moan when you want to watch the hi lights again on MOTD.

Different entirely to sitting in front of the tv having to listen to some pillock of a co-commentator and fake crown noises.

Watching a game on TV almost feels like I’m watching someone else play FIFA20.

It’s not for me but I suppose I could put the money I’m saving every other week towards a watch...
    Last edited by bigvic; 27th September 2020 at 15:16.

Players don't suffer the grief and abuse from fans if they make an error or miss a chance, if a home team goes one or perhaps two goals down their fans aren’t getting on their backs it might not affect their confidence. How many times has a Manager felt tempted to sub a player because the crowd are demanding he do so?
    Last edited by bigvic; 4th October 2020 at 15:22.

The game’s as good as dead so far as I’m concerned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Tony as you know not a Spurs supporter ( unlike the rest of my family) but the pen decision along with yesterday’s and the Man U one is indeed ruining the game.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Well they was lucky. It's a point but from what I've seen we're certainly candidates for demotion.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Agreed .
    City are on but I’m sat in the garden topping up the tan . :)
    Just doesn’t sit right with me . I had misgivings for the last couple of years but it’s like full on FIFA football now .

I've just watched the penalty awarded to Newcastle and it's absolutely ridiculous what they are giving penalties for. Truly it's like those who make these rules never played football in their lives to appreciate when jumping, challenging etc your whole body moves, including your arms. Surely someone can tell the difference between a deliberate handball and when it hits your arm so fast that you weren't even aware of what happened.

Maybe it’s time we football fans told them we’re not happy and they only way to do that and guarantee they listen is simply switch the tv off!

But that's what's happened on nearly every penalty given this season.

I totally agree with you're comment but that's what we're having to put up with this season.
    I don't know at what point they decide it was kicked at the player deliberately because that's definitely something that's going to happen but it'll be interesting to see what happens when a ref or VAR decides what happens at that point.

I wonder if the rule will be a yellow or a red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I've just watched the penalty awarded to Newcastle and it's absolutely ridiculous what they are giving penalties for. Truly it's like those who make these rules never played football in their lives to appreciate when jumping, challenging etc your whole body moves, including your arms. Surely someone can tell the difference between a deliberate handball and when it hits your arm so fast that you weren't even aware of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Agreed .
    City are on but I’m sat in the garden topping up the tan . :)
    Just doesn’t sit right with me . I had misgivings for the last couple of years but it’s like full on FIFA football now .
    Given the current scoreline you chose wisely!

Master
    As I alluded too before today’s games the handball rule is a farce as demonstrated once again in the spurs game.

My point regards defenders actually not being any good couldn’t of been highlighted more in the city game - school boy stuff

As for crowds I agree they have a massive impact on players the ref etc and definitely have an impact

Master
    Fraudiola strikes again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Fraudiola strikes again.
    Good to see that you are still the predictable, hypocritical, Smellfungus of old.

Remember this fraud won back to back titles and achieved 100 points in a season to pip your lot.

Something Klippety Klopp hasn’t achieved yet... feel free to comment when he has.

z

Fraudiola strikes again.
    And yet again, you ably demonstrate why Liverpool fans are such morons.

Early days......but....could be our year again

Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    Early days......but....could be our year again
    You never know. One thing is for sure, you won't get 5000-1 on it!

You never know. One thing is for sure, you won't get 5000-1 on it!
    9/1 today for the win

9/1 today for the win
    On it

Fraudiola strikes again.
    Everton fans

Blog Entries
    I had a nice day and I love penalties:-)

Master
    9/1 today for the win
    I had a sneaky feeling so had a tenner on the foxes and took advantage of the great odds ;)

Any Fulham or Norwich fans here? This could be right up your street:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Mult...e/383738907784
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    I had a sneaky feeling so had a tenner on the foxes and took advantage of the great odds ;)
    Last season City lost 9 games in the PL alone.
    Besides Furlough FC , the opposition were a minimum of 3/1 , up to and including Norwich at 22/1 .

Master
    That’s crazy - if you don’t turn up in the perm you get beat

West Ham another example of a surprise result this evening didn’t see a 4-0 coming

That’s crazy - if you don’t turn up in the perm you get beat

West Ham another example of a surprise result this evening didn’t see a 4-0 coming
    Ha
    Is it OK for me to say Wolves were my only let down on a 9 game forecast ?

Master
    Ouch that must of been painful

A Leeds win at the weekend, happy days! It'll be interesting to see how they fare.

Had a cheeky tenner on them beating Liverpool 2-0 in the season opener. Lost that in the first 4 minutes!
    I did notice the odds for a 4-4 draw (200-1) and as any fan would, I swiftly disregarded that.
    Who'd have thought, a 4-3 result. Nearly!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Good to see that you are still the predictable, hypocritical, Smellfungus of old.

Remember this fraud won back to back titles and achieved 100 points in a season to pip your lot.

Something Klippety Klopp hasn’t achieved yet... feel free to comment when he has.

z
    I’d expect 100 points every season if my team had spent 1.5 billion on players.

Blog Entries

Not much chance of a Welsh team winning it, the best Welsh player doesnt play for a Welsh club which says everything about football.

And pray tell , for clarity, how much Furloughpool FC have spent in winning the same number Premier Leagues as Blackburn ?

z
    Klopp has done a much better job at Liverpool than Pep has done at city. When pep took over City in 2016 they had won the PL in 11/12 & 13/14 and come second in 12/13 & 14/15, so he inherited a strong side and then spent huge amounts of money. Kloop took over an average top half team and made them into a world class team. Yes, he has spent some money but their net spend is a fraction of City in the last 5 years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    And pray tell , for clarity, how much Furloughpool FC have spent in winning the same number Premier Leagues as Blackburn ?
    Liverpool have spent 450 million ( net ) in 30 years.

Klopps 5 years he has a ( net ) spend of 74million.

Pep has spent 473 million ( net ) in 5 years soon to 530 million this week with another new defender.

Master
    I don't understand the bickering over how much money clubs have spent, do we really care as fans?? what we want is success and to identify with the players on the pitch.

Utd paid £89m to Juve to get him back (Ridiculous imo) however shirt sales made that money back inside 3 months Football is a business!!!

The money jibe is surely jealousy, does it really tarnish youre enjoyment?? Im sure we would all love a sheikh to bankroll the club, I say this as a Utd fan of 45+ years when we could go out and gazump everyone to get who we wanted to now seeing the glazers milk the club BUT I have no control over it so don't get too concerned by it, we are so far detached from footballers these days I find it very hard to identify with any of it - but my god if Utd are awful as they have been do I get the hump and sulk and mope absolutely!!!

If we are taking about money and the relevance then YES Guardiola has been backed wherever he has been, Klopp has done an amazing job given what he inherited to where they are now BUT what Leicester did with what they had is a truly unbelievable achievement in recent times.

Master
    I don't understand the bickering over how much money clubs have spent, do we really care as fans?? what we want is success and to identify with the players on the pitch.

Utd paid £89m to Juve to get him back (Ridiculous imo) however shirt sales made that money back inside 3 months Football is a business!!!

The money jibe is surely jealousy, does it really tarnish youre enjoyment?? Im sure we would all love a sheikh to bankroll the club, I say this as a Utd fan of 45+ years when we could go out and gazump everyone to get who we wanted to now seeing the glazers milk the club BUT I have no control over it so don't get too concerned by it, we are so far detached from footballers these days I find it very hard to identify with any of it - but my god if Utd are awful as they have been do I get the hump and sulk and mope absolutely!!!

If we are taking about money and the relevance then YES Guardiola has been backed wherever he has been, Klopp has done an amazing job given what he inherited to where they are now BUT what Leicester did with what they had is a truly unbelievable achievement in recent times.
    Leicester winning the prem is probably the number one achievement in world football ever. Either that or Notts Forest from 2nd tier to European cup.

Pep has spent 830 million since being at city and they are still nowhere near winning the champions league.

Klopp has done the business at teams that were not top level.

Klopp is a league above Pep as a manager in my opinion.

Liverpool have spent 450 million ( net ) in 30 years.

Klopps 5 years he has a ( net ) spend of 74million.

Pep has spent 473 million ( net ) in 5 years soon to 530 million this week with another new defender.
    Ahhh , the old ‘Net Spend Trophy’ so beloved by followers of The Cult .

Blog Entries
    Leicester winning the prem is probably the number one achievement in world football ever. Either that or Notts Forest from 2nd tier to European cup.
    I think the Forest achievement edges Leicester’s

Pains me to admit it!

Master
    Ok if you want the gross spend cup -

Pep has spent 830 million since joining city who were already a top side.

Klopp joined a club who finished 6th the previous season and had a squad filled with mediocre players and spent 500m gross to win the league, the champions league and the world club cup in that time.

Who in your opinion has performed better Goat ?

Blog Entries
    Who in your opinion has performed better Goat ?
    I wasn't aware that either had performed "Goat". Whatever that is.

Grammar is important because it provides information that helps the reader's comprehension.

z

Master

2020/2021 Football Season You're Teams Chances

Goat = greatest of all time

For me and I’m biased has to be fergie took a sleeping giant to the top and kept them there rebuilding teams along the way and keeping squads happy is no mean feat

Intimidated other managers, press, referees and got everything out of average players eg fletcher, O’Shea, park as an example that had limited ability but did a great job for the team and even someone stepped out of line rightly or wrongly they were gone Keane becks rvn as an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 29th September 2020 at 11:40.

I think everyone is mostly biased towards their own team / manager and really there's no winning an argument about who spent what or who's better at whatever. It's all or at least mostly biased in the individual fan's mind.

As much as I'm a Newcastle fan I think fergie was probably one of the best manager's their's ever been but as for who's best I wouldn't make a choice because it's subjective. I just admire people who've done a good consistent job over the year's be it manager or player.

Master
    Can’t argue with Fergie being number 1. The silver wear at United and also won the European cup with Aberdeen.

Only negative could have been his premiership dominance didn’t translate into European games.

Paisley - 19 trophies in 5 years and 3 of them European cups.

His negative is Shank had already laid the foundations and his was a continuation of that.

Clough- from 2nd tier football to back to back European cups.

Negative it all fell away after a few years.

Also ;

Wenger
    Mourinho
    Ancelotti

I’m sure there’s more obscure coaches too that have worked wonders.

Master
    Aberdeen didn’t win the European Cup. They won the European Cup Winners' Cup and the European Super Cup in 1983. Brilliant achievements for sure, but not the European Cup.

I wasn't aware that either had performed "Goat". Whatever that is.

Grammar is important because it provides information that helps the reader's comprehension.

z
    I believe he was referred to the user "thegoat" the city supported not using the term goat - greatest of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think the Forest achievement edges Leicester’s

Pains me to admit it!
    I agree. It’s such a shame they were cheated out of their 3rd Euro Win.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I believe he was referred to the user "thegoat" the city supported not using the term goat - greatest of all time
    I surmised that - I was being pedantic with our Klopp loving, semi-literate smellfungus.

z