closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch for my sons 21st

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    There’s a nice Bremont on SC which might be worth looking at. Not mine by the way.
    Sadly i cannot see this due to the forum ruling: "You can view Sales Corner if your post count is 50 or more and you have been registered as a member for 60 days or more"

When I was 21 it was Tag Heuers that were the watches to have. Knowing what I know now I would want to invest in a better brand for my childrens 21st. I don’t think you can go far wrong with Tudor or omega in the £3K budget. Good luck with your search. I’m sure whatever you choose your son will be thrilled and appreciative!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Personally, I would have to rule out the Moonwatch- it is fabulous and a classic (I've owned three myself), but as an only watch poor WR and handwind only drag it down.

I'd look at a more recent Speedy, with 100m WR and auto movement. Like this 324.30.38.50.06.001:

Go for the Tudor BB58. He’ll enjoy it also in 30 years. Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Apprentice

To close off this thread...

So to close off this thread, yesterday I took my son shopping to look at some watches, we had already discussed a number of options and models he liked, but he eventually went for the Tudor Heritage Blay Bay with the black aged strap, which we collect in a couple of weeks time.

He is over the moon and I am pleased that I could help him get his first decent watch. You never know, maybe it will be the first of many throughout his life just as it was for his old man at his age

I also just wanted to say many thanks again for all the advice, recommendations and input from everyone, it was really much appreciated.

Keep safe and stay well

Nigel B.

Craftsman
    I haven’t contributed to this thread but congratulations to you and your son! It is a fine price for a young man! What a way to bond between father and son too. Perhaps the start of a new hobby for him! I hope when my son grows up, we can also share something like this.

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Good result, well done. Let’s see what he gets at 30!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Ordered my son a Daytona for his 21st unbeknown to him, it didn’t come in time so I ended up buying him a Sea Dweller from the same shop as a complete surprise.

Well after his birthday I got the call saying the Daytona was ready for collection , so in I went and bought it.

Funnily enough he loves his SD but said just recently he isn’t keen on the Daytona, so a win win situation for both of us.

IWC Pilot Mark 18. Dressy and sporty with a micro adjustment. My son’s 23 and it’s one of his favourites of mine
    Last edited by awright101; 15th September 2020 at 18:43.

Journeyman
    That is a really handsome watch and it sounds like the perfect choice. Congratulations to your son! He’s lucky to have a father who will help him start out his watch collecting with such a fantastic piece. I am sure it will bring him many years of enjoyment, and serve as a nice link to his family wherever life takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyboybruce View Post
    So to close off this thread, yesterday I took my son shopping to look at some watches, we had already discussed a number of options and models he liked, but he eventually went for the Tudor Heritage Blay Bay with the black aged strap, which we collect in a couple of weeks time.

He is over the moon and I am pleased that I could help him get his first decent watch. You never know, maybe it will be the first of many throughout his life just as it was for his old man at his age

I also just wanted to say many thanks again for all the advice, recommendations and input from everyone, it was really much appreciated.

Keep safe and stay well

Nigel B.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    That is a really handsome watch and it sounds like the perfect choice. Congratulations to your son! He’s lucky to have a father who will help him start out his watch collecting with such a fantastic piece. I am sure it will bring him many years of enjoyment, and serve as a nice link to his family wherever life takes him.

That is kind of you to say so, many thanks for the kind words!

Master
    A fine choice and great that you could share the buying experience.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Both my sons have had their 21st birthdays in the last few years.

Son no 1 had the Omega moonwatch
    Son no 2 had an IWC Petite Prince which was very close to you're budget

Journeyman
    Great choice! I think the key thing was that your son was part of the process. We did something similar for my Son's 18th last year and after trying lots of stuff on he settled for the Tudor GMT (on a NATO as the bracelet option wasn't available at the time.. although he prefers a NATO or leather strap anyway). It's barely left his wrist since and the choosing/collection (plus the fact that the AD gave him an 18th card and bottle of champagne) made the experience all the more special.

Congrats on 21 years of fatherhood. I would've suggested handing off one from your own collection but a brand new Sea Dweller is a treat to own. Cheers to many more watches in the future!

Master
    Interestingly we went through this with my son. He really liked the Tudors but in the end decided at this point in his life he'd be too worried to wear it. So he ended up with a limited edition Casio which he loves and is currently rocking a Garmin 45. So everyone was happy - particularly my wallet :-) I'll add that on a Uni ski trip one of his mates managed to drunkenly drop my son on his head which resulted in concussion, three months off rugby and a mashed up cheaper Casio so he was probably scarred from that episode!