closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Undone 'Weems'

Journeyman

Undone 'Weems'

Any thoughts on the new 'Weems' style Aero Commando and Aero Scientific from Undone? Review on them by Time and Tide - 40 mm, one a traditional dial, one a 'military' style dial both Seiko powered ...Undone stolen a march on others with this?

Craftsman
    I rather like the Scientific with its off white dial, but not a fan of the hexagonal crown.

Curious to know if the hands are heat blued or not. They don't look like it from the screenshots.

I steered away from these because the design is registered and patented.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The casework looks gorgeous but the back is too deep. It should have a thin closed caseback (what are we looking at anyway?) to bring down the overall thickness of the watch.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I steered away from these because the design is registered and patented.

Eddie
    I was wondering why you were ignoring my suggestion last year when everybody loved it.

I was just thinking that these Undone look really good, and wondering if you were going to make them... as I prefer the lock-crown at 4... ah well.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Journeyman
    No info on the L2L though the review says the lugs are 'short and stubby' which suit me just fine. I think I like the hex crown though no doubt it might be awkward to get a grip of. Also agree about the case back - I like 'em solid and engraved. The 'Commando' might scratch my itch for a 'military' style dial - I normally prefer applied indices but I like the font of the numbers on this one - I think. The textured finish of the dial I'm not keen on - saves the maker worrying about a fine finish I guess.

Wonder where Undone stand with the design being protected? Maybe they don't know or are taking the risk...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    I rather like the Scientific with its off white dial, but not a fan of the hexagonal crown.

Curious to know if the hands are heat blued or not. They don't look like it from the screenshots.
    To my eyes the proportions of the bezel to the face / hand lenghts / chapter rings don't look right to me? IMHO