closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Seamaster 300 Bond Broad Arrow 2020 in AD window if anyone is interested?

Master
    Blog Entries

Omega Seamaster 300 Bond Broad Arrow 2020 in AD window if anyone is interested?

Not sure if these are hard to source? Belfast AD Lunns, the arcade branch, Belfast City centre full price in the window.

M
    Last edited by milwatch126; 16th August 2020 at 13:05.

I'm going to wait for the Allo Allo tie-in but good luck to anyone looking for this Basildon Bond tie-in.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anybody here tried / own one?

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Anybody here tried / own one?
    Love it. I think Daniel Craig’s input has been very helpful. My favorite watch of 2020 so far. I prefer to wear it on a Rolex Oysterflex.

Master
    I tried one last Weds at an AD in San Sebastián. Really liked it although would prefer the dial a bit blacker, they’ve slightly overdone the tropical effect IMO and it needs sword hands too. Didn’t think I’d like the bracelet but it was fab. More expensive in Spain than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Love it. I think Daniel Craig’s input has been very helpful. My favorite watch of 2020 so far. I prefer to wear it on a Rolex Oysterflex.

Thats a interesting combo!

Did you buy the nato version?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    I tried one last Weds at an AD in San Sebastián. Really liked it although would prefer the dial a bit blacker, they’ve slightly overdone the tropical effect IMO and it needs sword hands too. Didn’t think I’d like the bracelet but it was fab. More expensive in Spain than here.

Looks nice on your wrist.

Im next in line according to my AD

Master
    Queens arcade?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Thats a interesting combo!

Did you buy the nato version?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks nice on your wrist.

Im next in line according to my AD
    Thanks, another pic.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Queens arcade?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Yes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also available (from stock) on the Omega website shop.

Master
    These aren't limited, just expensive. If you want one you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    These aren't limited, just expensive. If you want one you can find one.
    Yup, it is not as if it is a limited edition. I don’t know how good a seller it has been Omega either.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive been told Omega have trickled supply since the film delay - no idea if true.

My AD only gets one every few months so maybe some truth

Master
    There was 2 in the window of EJ at the White Rose in Leeds this week - 1 on nato, the other mesh.

Master
    There was one in the window on nato yesterday in Winchester too

Yup, it is not as if it is a limited edition. I don’t know how good a seller it has been Omega either.

All of the recent Bond watches including the LOO watch seem to be available direct from Omega - so either they made a lot or not great sellers?

Master
    Not particularly wise to wear a broad arrow dial for a spy!

On paper I don’t like this watch, silly fake military history look and uber fake patina lume, the ultimate Walter Mitty watch, having said that i find myself actually quite liking it! It has grown on me annoyingly!

The price is ridiculous, it’s more like a 4k watch like the normal seas master 300 on bracelet, and omega for once got it wrong by not making it limited edition, should be limited to 1000 pieces.

To be honest the bond tie ins are the most ridiculous of all, the even worse that the Bremont special editions in my book. The ‘Commander’s watch’ anyone?

However, on saying that, I think this watch is the second best looking Bond tie in and the best looking modern Seamaster.

The killer is that, even though it is titanium, the price is a joke and if the price goes up by 6.6% then even more so!

Journeyman
    Would be worried about scratching the non-ceramic bezel on this!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post
    Would be worried about scratching the non-ceramic bezel on this!
    Really? Ceramic bezels are a fairly new innovation, I much prefer the alloy bezels.

Craftsman
    Tried one on recently. The titanium is super light (as you’d expect). The fauxtina is a bit full-on for me and I wish they had dropped the helium escape “tumour” for this version. All in all it’s a cool looking watch though. They seem to be readily available. The AD told me that because the Bond movie release was delayed, the hype and publicity died down. Perhaps this will become more sought after when the movie has hit the big screen and people are dying to channel their inner Daniel Craig again. It still blows my mind that the fairly average “Spectre” limited edition Seamaster 300 became so sought-after. Picking which of the million Omega limited editions or themed watches will be the next Silver Snoopy is like picking lotto numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I should have also said that I loved the mesh bracelet although for a smaller wrist once you have it tightened to its maximum there’s a lot of mesh to hide underneath the bracelet which somewhat deforms the look. I also think the price of this watch is bananas.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Tried one on recently. The titanium is super light (as you’d expect). The fauxtina is a bit full-on for me and I wish they had dropped the helium escape “tumour” for this version. All in all it’s a cool looking watch though. They seem to be readily available. The AD told me that because the Bond movie release was delayed, the hype and publicity died down. Perhaps this will become more sought after when the movie has hit the big screen and people are dying to channel their inner Daniel Craig again. It still blows my mind that the fairly average “Spectre” limited edition Seamaster 300 became so sought-after. Picking which of the million Omega limited editions or themed watches will be the next Silver Snoopy is like picking lotto numbers.

You’d pick up a spectre for less than the RRP of this one though. Omega seem to be getting ahead of themselves with their latest releases and price increases. No doubt the upcoming October Snoopy will be £10K plus.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    ...and people are dying to channel their inner Daniel Craig again. TZ-UK mobile app
    Love this line =)

I can't wait

I think these look fantastic in the pictures, I don’t like the mesh though at all.

Does this one come with those shoes that have a compass in the heel?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Does this one come with those shoes that have a compass in the heel?
    Tuff shoes, with a profile of the Moon on the sole. ?

^Yes.

Wayfinders.

Fantastic kit.

I regularly poo-poo the 300M Seamasters, and especially the Bond tie ins. However I really like this version. I think the subdued fauxtina on dial and bezel, the broadarrow and the duller grey of the titanium all appeal.

As others have said, the price is absurd, even after a healthy discount.
    While not in the same league, I'll be sticking with the OVM as my fauxtina "Mitty" watch.

And wouldn't the Seamaster be improved with those hands!

Craftsman

Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    You’d pick up a spectre for less than the RRP of this one though. Omega seem to be getting ahead of themselves with their latest releases and price increases. No doubt the upcoming October Snoopy will be £10K plus.
    This watch has undoubtedly been affected by the delay of the tied in Movie release. Could be a model which starts to sell quickly once the film is released and the fans see it on Mr Craig’s wrist in all its Bond glory.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Price went up today by just under £500, just to compound those doubts about vfm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

And wouldn't the Seamaster be improved with those hands!
    Couldn’t agree more, was only thinking last night, this and the regular 300m with a proper set of hands from the 165.024, they’d be near perfect. And while they’re at it, a matte dial, 3-link tapered bracelet, redesigned grippy bezel, lose the exhibition caseback while keeping the Bond style dial indices....

Lovely watch. Saw this recently at an AD. It felt really light given the titanium casing. The bracelet really suited the model. However, pricing seemed too high and according to the AD no discounts on offer for the 007 models . Seriously tempted to go for this and avoid the Rolex hoops for a submariner. Has anyone managed to get a discount on this?

I looked at one in a window in Leeds today. Looks stunning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Agree 100 ****** %.
    Er … ?

Agree 100 fucking %.
    Due to the fact I have a Tudor Sub and a 14060 Sub I could be tempted to part with the 14060 & get one ?

I love the films, but I’m not a James Bond wanna be. The price is nuts for a non LE even though Omega LEs are rarely that limited in number.
    Each their own, but I’m not keen on the looks either.

Its definitely a No from me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Omega Seamaster 300 Bond Broad Arrow 2020 in AD window if anyone is interested?

Be careful what you quote. E may be looking.....once he wakes from his boozy slumber.
    I’m entitled to post in sales corner should I wish. So I’m not touting. ;-)

Last edited by vRSG60; 3rd September 2020 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    Lovely watch. Saw this recently at an AD. It felt really light given the titanium casing. The bracelet really suited the model. However, pricing seemed too high and according to the AD no discounts on offer for the 007 models . Seriously tempted to go for this and avoid the Rolex hoops for a submariner. Has anyone managed to get a discount on this?
    No discount?

Something tells me they will have difficulty holding that line.

A couple of weeks ago the Royal Exchange boutique sent me a rather chatty email asking if I wanted one.

A bit strange, as the last time I set foot in that shop was in 2017 to pick up a Speedy Tuesday.

Seems like they are going through contact details to drum up business.

I did notice that the watch in Leeds still had a price of £6520, I’m led to believe there’s a price increase on the 1st September. Maybe they’ve forgotten to change the window display

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    I did notice that the watch in Leeds still had a price of £6520, I’m led to believe there’s a price increase on the 1st September. Maybe they’ve forgotten to change the window display

Yes , price has increased by £490 this week. Originally £7390 now £7880. That’s a significant hike, given it has no ceramic bezel (aluminium). The latest sub ND costs much less, although likely unattainable in the near future. However, seeing this watch in person, it’s a truly ‘under the radar piece’. AD said she will hold it for me for a week. Really tempted. Any thoughts from the community?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    Yes , price has increased by £490 this week. Originally £7390 now £7880. That’s a significant hike, given it has no ceramic bezel (aluminium). The latest sub ND costs much less, although likely unattainable in the near future. However, seeing this watch in person, it’s a truly ‘under the radar piece’. AD said she will hold it for me for a week. Really tempted. Any thoughts from the community?
    It is a nice looking watch and a bit different to the standard models, but these two cost me not much more than two and a half grand each (one new, and the other a few months old) and they have ceramic bezels...

Is this really worth 3 times the price (if there is no discount)?

Master
    I really fancy one but that price is just ridiculous. No thanks Omega.

This is the dilemma. The watch looks great and wears really light with a slimmer profile that that usual Seamaster. I’ll take this over a standard submariner, however the price is the sticking point . You can buy a Seamaster and a Tudor BB 58 for a similar price. However, this feels like a unique piece.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    It is a nice looking watch and a bit different to the standard models, but these two cost me not much more than two and a half grand each (one new, and the other a few months old) and they have ceramic bezels...

This puts the price into perspective. If they’d kept it as steel it’d be affordable.

Craftsman
    I think it would look great on a NATO, as I personally can't get on with the bracelet (or at least think I can't). I would have liked to have seen the one in the window in Winchester (I assume Burrell's), shame I missed it! Not in anywhere near the position to buy one, but it would still have been nice to see it in the flesh.

BOND

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Not sure if these are hard to source? Belfast AD Lunns, the arcade branch, Belfast City centre full price in the window.

M
    NICE LOOKING WATCH

Craftsman

Plucked

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I really fancy one but that price is just ridiculous. No thanks Omega.
    Still to see one in the flesh but have to admit that the pricing from Omega on this one just seems to have been plucked out of the air at the boardroom meeting. They obviously see this as true competition to Rolex’s Sports range and priced accordingly.

This is were Omega seem to go wrong nearly every time, they want to be seen as Rolex’s natural competition, they produce an incredible product with true innovation and design cues and price accordingly to that competition but unlike Rolex they do not limit supply, which is no bad thing but for some reason many buyers would still rather pay over RRP for a Rolex on the Secondary market, certainly not expect a discount from the Rolex AD on RRP but will not do similar for the Omega brand at RRP available immediately in most cases. Buyers now expect to get a discount on Omega and if the boutiques do not provide, they just walk and leave the models on the shelf until they eventually arrive with the grey dealers at 20/30% off.

Omega clearly should be undercutting Rolex, the DSOTM is about £10k, a fantastic watch and comparable to the Daytona but without the same draw within the marketplace, make it a £7.5k Watch, make it an attractive alternative. The New Bond seamaster, looks like no other Seamaster and probably far more innovative than the standard Submariner but make it £5k. Have these models flying off the shelves because they are an amazing product at an amazing price.

Omega main market is Asia and has been for a number of years now and maybe there pricing sits well within that marketplace but it is easy to see just on this Seamaster release and the upcoming 321 Speedy, that outwith the Asia area many question the Omega pricing and are looking for alternatives.

I like that a lot and have one waiting to be collected when I get chance. Odd about the price rise though for a non LE I think?