closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Speedmaster vs Seamaster owners?

Apprentice

Difference between Speedmaster vs Seamaster owners?

Hi, I’ve been following this forum for the last year and trying to learn as much as possible. I’m new-ish to watches and currently have a Seiko SKX009, which has developed into a more dangerous interest in watches! I’m almost ready to buy my first expensive watch and would value any advice from members who own either of these models.

At first, I was leaning towards a Rolex Explorer I or Polar Explorer II. I had “Rolex blindness” and didn’t really consider other brands. I really liked the Everest heritage of the exp1 and quite like slimmer profile watches. I went to the Rolex boutique in London at the weekend and was left with a rather disillusioned feeling after speaking with their sales staff. I already knew about the waitlist for new watches but their general attitude somewhat put me off. So, I ventured across the street to the Omega store and had a great experience that made me feel immediately at home.

I tried on two watches: The Speedmaster Pro and the Seamaster 300m with black face.

I felt more of a heart connection to the Speedmaster hesalite version. I then tried on a Seasmaster 300m, a watch I previously only had a passing interest in, and was pleasantly surprised. I like the boldness of the design and feel like it has more presence on the wrist. So I’m quite torn between the two. I preferred the Speedy on the wrist, but prefer the Seamaster when I look back at the photos (I’ve attached images of both watches, taken in the store).

I don’t plan to swim in either, so the waterproof rating isn’t a deal breaker, although the peace of mind that comes with the Seamaster is appealing I suppose. I would also find the bezel useful for timing evening meals etc! However, after owning the skx009, as much as I like the look of dive watches, I sometimes find them a bit bulky.

Anyway, I’m in no hurry to rush the purchase. If there’s one thing my first outing has taught me it’s that the right watch chooses you and that all bets are off when you see them in real life. I thought I wanted a Rolex but, as nice as their watches are, I realised that I’m more of Omega wearer. I’m now trying to work out whether I’m more of a Speedy or Seamaster guy!

For reference, I’m 35 years old and work in the creative industry - would mostly be wearing it at a desk. I never wear a suit and rarely wear a jacket... so I’d mostly be wearing this with jeans and t-shirt/shirt.

So my question is, what “sort” of person buys a Speedmaster vs a Seamaster? I hope this question doesn’t come across as shallow or superficial. I know it’s impossible to typecast someone based on the watch they wear and many collectors likely own both, but I suppose I’m trying to get my head around how different people gravitate towards one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great position to be in! Sounds like you've done your research and probably have a gut feeling already.

For what it's worth the speedmaster is an iconic piece and a part of a number of peoples collections. It's got history as you liked about the explorer and easy to dress up and down. I would keep the SKX for water and heavier activities and get the speedmaster for a more all round package!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    With regards to the type of people wearing these I wouldn't worry. Neither of which are blingy or stand out. The speedmaster in my opinion is a watch enthusiasts purchase whereas the seamaster is either an entry level piece or a step towards a sub for the newer watch lover

Master
    When you go for the hesalite Moonwatch - and you will - bear in mind there’s always a discount to be had. Same goes for the Seamaster. Don’t pay RRP!

Master
    I have both of the exact models you have tried on (well the earlier 3570 Speedmaster). I bought the speedmaster as my first "proper" watch as I love the look and history behind the model. I find it much more understated than the Seamaster which I also love however. The Seamaster probably gets worn more but there is something about the Speedmaster that when I do wear it I wonder why it's been so long since it was last worn. It's also brilliant at taking pretty much any strap you want to put on it and for me looks better on leather than the bracelet.

If I had to sell one and could only keep one I'd be keeping the speedmaster. Perhaps a little bit due to sentimentality as it was the first proper watch in my collection but it would still be my choice.

Journeyman

Nice, the speedy looks like it sits more comfortable on the wrist from the photos. Since you have a diver already I would go for the speedy. As previously stated it can be dressed down as it works so well with any strap. You can also use the chrono to time your meals . Both great choices. I have a speedy and the Rolex op36 was soon sold as it never got any wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Scott88; 16th August 2020 at 11:58.

Journeyman

Tried to edit ended up replying. Can’t figure out how to delete.

Both great watches, no wrong answer. The Seamaster will be more robust if you're not gentle with your watches, there is also manual wind vs automatic as a preference, I much prefer automatic.

I found the Speedmaster too delicate and didn't enjoy the constant marks on the hesalite so eventually sold it.

You could consider the sapphire version of the Speed master for durability and a lovely clear caseback.

Head says Seamaster, heart says Speedmaster. I wanted a Speedmaster but bought a 2201 Planet Ocean instead as I decided it would be more practical and useable, which it was, but two years later I bought a Speedmaster and sold the PO. I don't wear the Speedmaster very often though but I'm glad I own it. Soon I'll get another diver to replace the PO. Tried a Pelagos but found it quite uncomfortable. So it will probably be another Seamaster.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whilst the Speedmaster rightly has it's place in history and in people's hearts and collections, don't forget that in the 1960s the Seamaster was a military issue watch and a forerunner of the Rolex Milsub in that regards. So both watches have a rich history, but the Seamaster has been modified more over the years, whereas a modern day moonwatch looks almost identical to one from 50 years ago.

Grand Master
    OP's totally over-thinking it, an amusing read if nothing else.

Just buy the one you like, it really is that simple.

Here's a better idea; buy second-hand and buy a few over a period of years.......simples!

Edit: here's another small but v. important point, don't buy one that's too big for your wrist Once you're into 'I could just pull it off' territory you're in trouble.

Best value for money is to buy an older SMP 2254.50 or 2531.80 and an older Sepeedmaster Moonwatch, total expenditure approx. £3.5K-£4K and you could get your money back if you sold either.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 16th August 2020 at 12:12.

Master
    Go back and try them on again. If it is still the Speedmaster, then get that one. Looking back and remembering different to what you felt at the time suggests you want to like the Seamaster more, but maybe you really don’t

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Here's a better idea; buy second-hand and buy a few over a period of years.......simples!

Edit: here's another small but v. important point, don't buy one that's too big for your wrist Once you're into 'I could just pull it off' territory you're in trouble.

Best value for money is to buy an older SMP 2254.50 or 2531.80 and an older Sepeedmaster Moonwatch, total expenditure approx. £3.5K-£4K and you could get your money back if you sold either.
    Wise words.

Apprentice

Yes, I think you’re right. I suppose it’s just a large purchase and want to feel like I made the right choice afterwards. Thanks for the advice re the second hand market. I hadn’t considered that. Another post mentioned asking for a discount when buying new, which I totally hadn’t thought about.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    Great position to be in! Sounds like you've done your research and probably have a gut feeling already.

For what it's worth the speedmaster is an iconic piece and a part of a number of peoples collections. It's got history as you liked about the explorer and easy to dress up and down. I would keep the SKX for water and heavier activities and get the speedmaster for a more all round package!

This makes a lot of sense. I do plan to keep the SKX. To be honest, reading the replies has clarified that I’m leaning more towards the Speedy. Think I’ll try them both on again and just see which feels the most right.

Thanks everyone for your advice and giving me a few other points to consider.

Master
    Blog Entries

Concur with WW, look at an older Seamaster 300 Bond full size auto with tritium dial (fried egg dial). These are gorgeous and future classics at great value today. As for the Speedies, I am afraid the boat has sailed for vintage. But as mentioned, buy the one you like most.

Just buy the one you like:

* I like the look of the Seamaster so I own one
    * the Speedmaster does nothing for me so I do not own one.

Journeyman
    I was in a similar boat. I wanted to get a Seamster (SMPc) initially but couldn't decide between the blue or black version. I was aware of the Speedmaster naturally (I'm a big space nerd) but haven't really considered it as I wanted a do-it-all "one watch", and hence water resistance was important to me.

I went to an AD to try on the two seamasters, thought they were perfect and was almost sold on the blue one.

Then out of pure curiosity thought to try on the Speedy....when I did, I just immediately bonded with it. There's something about to, how it fits the wrist, those lugs, the way light get distorted through the hesalite.

My head said Seamaster, but my heart said Speedy.

On paper, the Seamaster is better, but in practice, there's something special about the Speedy. Plus it's a strap monster, goes with almost any occasion and the design is timeless (something which the seamaster really isn't...I mean look at the 90s and early 00s models, they already seem dated compared to the modern ceramic ones).

So I got a second-hand Speedy and a few durable and water resistant beaters...haven't looked back since.

As others have said, there's plenty of them second-hand, or if you decide to get it new, definitely ask for a discount (there are a few folk here who can give you some recommendations). Also, do be aware that if your decide to buy new, Omega are apparently due to increase prices for their watches in September.

Also, if you like the explorer, you could consider the Aqua Terra - it definitely ticks a lot of boxes.

So go with your gut! Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Any nice examples of these for sale anywhere you know of? I am in the market for one. Good advice

Banned
    My view of these 2 would be the speedmaster is slightly dressier and the slimmer profile works better in a shirt and tie setting, whereas the seamaster is the sportier, toolish of the 2 so maybe better in the casual sportier setting. Saying that both are very versatile and great allrounders. I agree with one comment that you will definitely own a speedy at some point as most watch enthusiasts have owned one at some point in their lives.

Craftsman
    I've both a 300m GoldenEye quartz and 1989 speedmaster.. for me perfect combination..have a skyfall aqua Terra as well

My preference is the Speedmaster. It is a classic watch that has not really changed. A new one looks the same as an old one. I like it more from this perspective.

I nearly purchased a Speedmaster about 10 years ago but the stars were not aligned and I ended up taking a completely different path. Then I failed to buy a Snoopy due to my OCD. Also missed out on a Moon to Mars.

One day may be I will buy one.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklel View Post
    I was in a similar boat. I wanted to get a Seamster (SMPc) initially but couldn't decide between the blue or black version. I was aware of the Speedmaster naturally (I'm a big space nerd) but haven't really considered it as I wanted a do-it-all "one watch", and hence water resistance was important to me.

I went to an AD to try on the two seamasters, thought they were perfect and was almost sold on the blue one.

Then out of pure curiosity thought to try on the Speedy....when I did, I just immediately bonded with it. There's something about to, how it fits the wrist, those lugs, the way light get distorted through the hesalite.

My head said Seamaster, but my heart said Speedy.

On paper, the Seamaster is better, but in practice, there's something special about the Speedy. Plus it's a strap monster, goes with almost any occasion and the design is timeless (something which the seamaster really isn't...I mean look at the 90s and early 00s models, they already seem dated compared to the modern ceramic ones).

So I got a second-hand Speedy and a few durable and water resistant beaters...haven't looked back since.

As others have said, there's plenty of them second-hand, or if you decide to get it new, definitely ask for a discount (there are a few folk here who can give you some recommendations). Also, do be aware that if your decide to buy new, Omega are apparently due to increase prices for their watches in September.

Also, if you like the explorer, you could consider the Aqua Terra - it definitely ticks a lot of boxes.

So go with your gut! Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    This is very true. I hadn’t considered how they might age, but agree that the Speedmaster is timeless in that sense.

The sales assistant at Omega did say that prices are going up in September. She said “not by much” but still an increase.

Master
    The problem is many folk, like myself, will have both.

You won't go wrong with either. Both can make 2/3 of a superb 3 watch collection. Add a nice dress piece to complete it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    When you go for the hesalite Moonwatch - and you will - bear in mind there’s always a discount to be had. Same goes for the Seamaster. Don’t pay RRP!
    ^^^
    This - even new you can (should) get 20% off MRP. Used - depends who you buy from.

I'm more a Seamaster man myself: rugged, tanned, irresistible to women all round action hero, just like my hero pictured to the left - but actually own a Speedmaster at present - the Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon Edition with "open work" face and back with yellow accents / ceramic case but mechanical movement the Cal 1869 ; rather than the Cal 9300 of the automatic Dark Side of the Moon series.

I also own a Speedmaster X-33 MK2 as featured in the last space flights (I noticed they didn't take Omega's current X-33, even though Omega are trying to market it as being so, which I find fiddly to read and use).

I'd like to get another Seamaster and the newest editions have one of the best bracelets out there (IMHO). The new Bond LE interests me, but I'd need to see it first (there seem to be plenty around even though Ltd - maybe something to do with the price).

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th August 2020 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I also own a Speedmaster X-33 MK2 as featured in the last space flights (I noticed they didn't take Omega's current X-33, even though Omega are trying to market it as being so, which I find fiddly to read and use).
    The X-33 Skywalker is issued to ESA astronauts, as worn by Tim Peake. https://twitter.com/astro_timpeake/s...81515480551424
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    The X-33 Skywalker is issued to ESA astronauts, as worn by Tim Peake. https://twitter.com/astro_timpeake/s...81515480551424
    Thanks for the read - personally - I still prefer the MK2 X-33 to the Skywalker and glad to see it (MK2) still in service in recent SpaceX works

There are so many variations of both, vintage and modern, that there is plenty of room for both in a collection. I wouldn't want to be without a 2254.50, a Speedmaster MkII or an X-33.

And then there are those that could fall into either category.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I would always have chosen the Seamaster, until this model as I just don’t like the styling compared to every single version of the SMP300m Diver that went before. So I’m going to say Speedmaster, and it’s also one of the most iconic watches ever made.
    It's just a matter of time...

If I were you, I’d buy both. It’ll save time - you’ll end up with both sooner or later anyway ;)

Being serious, I bought a speedy as my first ”proper’ watch but then bought a “Bond’ seamaster within 12 months. Then a 2254. Then a mk2 speedy. Then a vintage seamaster 300, then a 165.014. And so it goes on...

I currently have three Speedys, and possibly close to a dozen Seamsters - everything from a Spectre to a 60 via such delights as a seamaster chronostop.

They’re like rabbits. But not as cheap.

Master
    https://i.imgur.com/yU5KIui.jpg
    Like Walkerwek said, get a Seamaster 2254 AND a preowned Moonwatch, 2/3 of a 3 watch set that only needs a Datejust 41 to finish it off.

Craftsman
    For me it’s an easy decision - the Speedmaster. Putting its space heritage aside, to me it’s a timeless watch. Part of that lies in the size, the speedy pro wears really well (more like a 40mm) with short lugs, and is light and easy to wear all day. I find the dial extremely crisp and precise, a veritable scientific instrument. As others have said, it’s versatile - you can pretty much wear any strap with it: dress it up with black alligator, keep it retro on a NATO or a Perlon, or try one of the bracelets from its history. The matte black (more grey) dial is stunning to me. I hear Wileeeeey on the hesalite, the scratches bothered me so I swapped mine out for a sapphire version. In all honesty, while I know hesalite is the more accurate facsimile of the “moonwatch”, I was more concerned with the practicalities of life on Earth (like scuffing the hesalite on the doorframe after a couple of pints). One important factor is that you have to be on board with winding it. If that will annoy you the get the Seamaster. The modern Seamaster 300M on the other hand is “new world”. It’s got solid tech, it’s automatic and it looks more glitzy. It also has a lot more wrist presence (at least too much for my dainty wrists). I’m also not fond of the Seamaster bracelet, although the design is now time-honoured it’s never been my cup of tea.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Just buy the one you like:

* I like the look of the Seamaster so I own one
    * the Speedmaster does nothing for me so I do not own one.
    This.^^^

Personally:
    * I like the look of the Speedmaster so I own one
    * The Seamaster does little for me so I do not own one.

Quote Originally Posted by themightymolecule View Post
    So my question is, what “sort” of person buys a Speedmaster vs a Seamaster
    Well....seeing as I own a Speedmaster but not a Seamaster the answer must be someone who is handsome in a rakish fashion and who possesses the dry wit of Noel Coward and the devastating charm of Roger Moore. Obviously.

Craftsman

So my question is, what “sort” of person buys a Speedmaster vs a Seamaster?
    Speedmasters are for people who wish they’d been an astronaut, Seamasters are for people who wish they’d been James Bond 😉

Try Archie Luxury’s ‘what does your wristwatch say about you’ series on YouTube. From memory, the speedmaster and seamaster episodes are particularly good. You’ll end up wanting neither.

In truth OP, who cares? If you like them, buy them. Whilst it’s nice to get the occasional nod, it shouldn’t play a part in your decision.

And for clarity, Archie Luxury is an awful caricature of a really terrible human being. I wouldn’t take any of that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    This.^^^

Personally:
    * I like the look of the Speedmaster so I own one
    * The Seamaster does little for me so I do not own one.

Well....seeing as I own a Speedmaster but not a Seamaster the answer must be someone who is handsome in a rakish fashion and who possesses the dry wit of Noel Coward and the devastating charm of Roger Moore. Obviously.
    Having just sold my Speedmaster Pro (I wanted to keep it but needed the money for something else) but still owning four other Speedies and a couple of Seamasters I have to say anyone who doesn't like the latter and has just one Speedy sounds delusional to me!
    "A man of little significance"

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Speedmasters are for people who wish they’d been an astronaut, Seamasters are for people who wish they’d been James Bond 😉
    Haha spot on

Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Speedmasters are for people who wish they’d been an astronaut, Seamasters are for people who wish they’d been James Bond 
    And anybody who owns both wants a starring role in Moonraker!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Try Archie Luxury’s ‘what does your wristwatch say about you’ series on YouTube. From memory, the speedmaster and seamaster episodes are particularly good. You’ll end up wanting neither.

In truth OP, who cares? If you like them, buy them. Whilst it’s nice to get the occasional nod, it shouldn’t play a part in your decision.

And for clarity, Archie Luxury is an awful caricature of a really terrible human being. I wouldn’t take any of that seriously.

This is hilarious!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ^^^
    This - even new you can (should) get 20% off MRP. Used - depends who you buy from.

I'm more a Seamaster man myself: rugged, tanned, irresistible to women all round action hero, just like my hero pictured to the left - but actually own a Speedmaster at present - the Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon Edition with "open work" face and back with yellow accents / ceramic case but mechanical movement the Cal 1869 ; rather than the Cal 9300 of the automatic Dark Side of the Moon series.

I'd like to get another Seamaster and the newest editions have one of the best bracelets out there (IMHO). The new Bond LE interests me, but I'd need to see it first (there seem to be plenty around even though Ltd - maybe something to do with the price).

Martyn
    Thanks for the advice. 20% seems like a huge discount. That’s £800 off the £4K RP. Do Omega regularly discount new models if you ask them? Or does this apply to dealers?

Master

Seem to remember Archie was okay with speedy , he's also admitted he likes the calibre 11 monaco even though its a "Tag"...it may all just be some massively sarcastic reverse psychology but I think not.

Thanks for the advice. 20% seems like a huge discount. That’s £800 off the £4K RP. Do Omega regularly discount new models if you ask them? Or does this apply to dealers?

Aside from negotiating with an AD on the RRP, the standard Speedmaster was actually on sale this year. First time I have seen this. Plus it stacked with a further 10% discount newsletter letter type code, which Goldsmiths/WOS (cannot remember which) then stopped on the Speedmaster.

Apprentice
    Hi, was in exactly the same position as you a few years ago, had my eye on a smooth dial ceramic seamaster but after trying on the Speedy just couldn’t resist the looks and the history.

As per an earlier comment it’s an absolute strap monster so I believe much more fun in that respect. Over the years I’ve had a black croc, tan croc, perforated leather racing strap and recently an uncle Seiko 1171 as a lighter alternative to the stock bracelet.

I do worry a little about water and the hesalite does scratch and I am prone to hitting door frames but I think it just adds character.

For what it’s worth I too have an SKX which I use for real hard activities, sea sports and climbing and recently bought a used Tag Aquaracer as an in between, one I’m less worried about being knocked about but still a nice alternative to the Speedy.

In time you may end up with both anyway!

"what “sort” of person buys a Speedmaster vs a Seamaster?"
    Seamaster owner might like to go in water while wearing their watch (or at least might like others to believe he/she does)...the other doesn't, but likes to get the perfectly boiled egg.

p.s. and that's from someone who has (had) at least a dozen of each in different shapes and forms; and when I wore watches I did swim with Seamasters on and I now use my phone to time my eggs )
    Last edited by Stanford; 18th August 2020 at 11:29.

Craftsman
    One thing I would say is that if you like both equally I suggest you bought the Speedy first. The moon watch (Speedy Pro not the new racing models) has essentially been unchanged now for the longest time yet the price has crept forever upwards. If you buy now you’re paying a ton more than you would for the exact same watch 5 or 10 years back

On the other hand, the Seamaster Lines are regularly refreshed and updated so psychologically you’re paying today’s price for today’s fresh model, hence buying a Seamaster at any time is good.

If possible always get both (the default answer) :-)

Isn't he mending lawnmowers these days? He should be stood against a wall and machine-gunned, in my valuable opinion.

Twice.

Just to make sure.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Isn't he mending lawnmowers these days? He should be stood against a wall and machine-gunned, in my valuable opinion.

Twice.

Just to make sure.
    He's just a rather strange and sometimes amusingly obnoxious character . I'd hardly Gadafi duck him for that. Its even amusing how reactionary people get towards him.
    All human colour and that.

My opinion on Seamasters is that I find pretty much all of them from the 80s onwards to be a bit dull and even fugly.
    I really love earlier vintage ones and have 4 ranging from the 50s , 60s , 70s. A early 70s Seamaster F300 Chrono is often my daily wearer and my dress watch is a late 60s stainless seamaster cal. 711

Speedie; I have considered buying multiple times ( once it was even a Snoopy going for a song ; really messed up not buying that).
    However in the flesh I find it again to be a bit dull and even a bit cheapy feeling on the wrist. However it appeals more than any of the modern Seamasters. Not least of all because of the space connection.

I suspect I'll get one eventually but I think I'll get myself another no date sub first ( should never have sold my 14060M).
    Last edited by Mr.D; 18th August 2020 at 16:45.

Most of it has been said, but I'd say if you like the Speedmaster better on your wrist and the Seamaster better in photos, then you should get the Speedmaster and look at Seamasters on the internet :)

I love my Speedmaster, but most modern Seamasters leave me a little cold, although like an earlier poster I have a couple of vintage ones.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 19th August 2020 at 08:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Apprentice
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am currently speaking to AD about a discount on the speedy! As others mentioned, the Seamaster can either come at a later date and my skx can fill that position in the meantime.

For anyone interested, I have been listening to Moonrise (podcast) by Washington Post about the moon landing. Highly recommend!

Journeyman
    Sorry this is coming a little late but that sounds like a great decision! I think the right choice is always the watch that speaks most to you irrespective of any other considerations. I was looking at Omegas last year and had narrowed my favourites to the Seamaster 300 (loved the vintage styling) and the Speedy. The Seamasters strike me as sportier and more casual, where the Speedmaster is a little more sophisticated and easy to dress up. They are also a little more versatile I think - I love that they look great on the bracelet but equally can be dressed up with a smart leather strap for a totally different and really handsome look.

Obviously the main objective benefit to a diver is its ruggedness and sheer wearability - great for daily life but also travel, beach holidays, swimming, etc. - but if you already have a diver than there's no rush to get the Seamaster first. (For my part, I ultimately ended up going for a Tudor diver I liked the look of better, but the Speedmaster has an undeniable class and appeal that I think pretty much every watch lover can appreciate.)

Best of luck with negotiating a good discount and enjoy your new watch!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am currently speaking to AD about a discount on the speedy! As others mentioned, the Seamaster can either come at a later date and my skx can fill that position in the meantime.

For anyone interested, I have been listening to Moonrise (podcast) by Washington Post about the moon landing. Highly recommend!