closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BB58, seamaster smp residuals

Journeyman

BB58, seamaster smp residuals

I really want to buy either the tudor bb58 blue or smp 300 seamaster. I may need to sell the watch in the future so I want to pay it off monthly and if I needed to sell it losing minimum cash in the future. What are peoples thought? Seamaster on bracelet £3350, tudor £2850

Journeyman
    Obviously buy the one you prefer aesthetically and ergonomically. That being said the Tudor is probably a safer store of value given how in demand the 58 is

Master
    2850 for the tudor? I don't recall it being that price. 2760 from memory. Minor amendment!

Journeyman
    Sorry folks I want to dip my toe in but if things went wrong ie lost job etc I would want minimum loses. Sorry maybe I shouldn't have posted

Journeyman
    I was tossing up the 2 myself not long ago. I guess it’s also down to the size. I opted for the bb58 blue because it wore better on my wrist. Both brilliant value for money and very different watches. For me, I had too many black dial watches so wanted something different. Blue fitted the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    No need to apologise. They're just watches, people buy them for all kinds of reasons. I buy them cos they're pretty and only when I've saved enough for them to be discretionary spending but that requires patience (around 10 watches in 20 years so far). To each their own I say.

Journeyman
    Congratulations on the watch, that is lovely. I read the tudor was readily available is this still the case? Also I read on here possible 5% price increase?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    I really want to buy either the tudor bb58 blue or smp 300 seamaster. I may need to sell the watch in the future so I want to pay it off monthly and if I needed to sell it losing minimum cash in the future. What are peoples thought? Seamaster on bracelet £3350, tudor £2850
    Where have you seen the seamaster on bracelet for £3350...RRP is £4170 i managed to get mine for £3750 and would look to sell for £3250.

Don't worry about price increases, buy used to insulated yourself from depreciation. If buying used you can still put it on a 0% credit card via PayPal or if buying from eBay. If going Seamaster depreciation will also depend on colour choice.

Sounds from the pricing you've given they're both new from dealers?

Craftsman
    I would look at buying used but as new as possible which should already reduce some of that depreciation... especially if the choice is Omega

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The omega on chrono24 seen plenty at that price the Tudor new in dealers. The tudor would be new obviously but if I bought used I would be scared of a fake

- - - Updated - - -

Both Blue!

Craftsman
    I've seen a couple of used SMPs sell on Miltonaires recently for around 2.2k which seems good value.

I would suggest always going bracelet over strap as it's a more attractive offer at resale.

Buy the seller as you say and you should be OK but you can't go to far wrong with either option.

Why would you be scared of a fake Tudor but not a fake Omega?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Why would you be scared of a fake Tudor but not a fake Omega?
    Probably harder to fake the movement decoration on the smp with the open caseback, making it easier to spot a fake

Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post
    Probably harder to fake the movement decoration on the smp with the open caseback, making it easier to spot a fake
    If anything with a BB58 Blue will be harder to fake right now but I wouldn't buy a watch without first buying the seller. Seller first, watch second.

Journeyman
    I agree with Wileeeeeey, you’ve got to trust the seller. If you have a bad feeling then don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re going for the Tudor then no it’s not available, expect a decent wait time or to pay a bit of a premium to buy used.

I don’t recommend putting a watch on credit. It’s a bad reason to accumulate debt. Not saying you would, just conscious someone else recommended it.

Master
    The Tudor at RRP or the Seamaster with a good discount will not lose a massive amount if you had to sell. You’d get around £2500 easily enough for the 58 used for example.

Don`t kid yourself, they lose about 1/3 of their value before you know it.

It is much better to be the 2nd owner of a mint 12 - 18 month old watch than to buy brand new.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    I've seen a couple of used SMPs sell on Miltonaires recently for around 2.2k which seems good value.

I would suggest always going bracelet over strap as it's a more attractive offer at resale.

Buy the seller as you say and you should be OK but you can't go to far wrong with either option.

I have just looked on Miltonaires they have the old model 2015 in blue for £2100 it says the warranty card issued was wrong. Odd. I may go for a look its local that store

Master
    The 58 has strong residuals at the moment as supply is relatively scarce and demand is still strong for it. I am on the list for a blue one and when I phoned elsewhere they said it could be a six month wait.

Grand Master
    Regardless of which you choose, I strongly advise buying second- hand and saving up the money first. Buying watches on tick isn’t something I would ever contemplate.

Master
    I agree, saving up is the best way to ensure you don't get into trouble sitting m although l spending what can be a considerable amount on a luxury item. Once you have saved up, either of those watches are desirable and easy to sell quickly for a good amount, but both are easily available used, in good condition, nearly new, a bit cheaper. Don't sweat it, save up and buy the one you want new or used when you see a deal you're comfortable with.

Master
    Good god! Sorry about my bad typing!

Master
    I think watches at this price point are luxuries and not necessities- sounds like you shouldn’t be buying now if you’re concerned you may have to sell. Wait another 6 months and see if things improve.

Craftsman
    Any watch purchase bought monthly, with an eye to be sold due to uncertain times is a dangerous thing, in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Any watch purchase bought monthly, with an eye to be sold due to uncertain times is a dangerous thing, in my book.
    100% agree.

i think there is a load of misinformation here to the OP (who never introduced him or herself).

Try selling either of those watches to a dealer and you are looking at a big loss, I would suggest if your worried about residuals you check first as you may be surprised.

Journeyman
    Colin is my name, I think I will steer towards used for about £2k and not over stretch myself. Any good deals about or anyone selling one?

Craftsman
    Hi Colin, as a fellow noob I can recommend this place for honest unbiased advice.
    If you are about to mess up, you will be told quickly :-) Good luck and have fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    i think there is a load of misinformation here to the OP (who never introduced him or herself).

Try selling either of those watches to a dealer and you are looking at a big loss, I would suggest if your worried about residuals you check first as you may be surprised.
    yes as dealers need to make a living. seriously though, what watches at the price point would lose less? Closest to the price point that would lose little might be a rolex OP, but sell that back to a dealer and you'll lose, and I can't think of any others, most you'll lose more.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post

Colin is my name, I think I will steer towards used for about £2k and not over stretch myself. Any good deals about or anyone selling one?
    So you've decided on the Omega then? You won't be getting the Tudor at a discount used, it's currently selling over RRP on used market.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    So you've decided on the Omega then? You won't be getting the Tudor at a discount used, it's currently selling over RRP on used market.
    I'm happy either way. Any ideas of any for sale?

If you are close I would suggest you make an appointment to see Phil or Paul at Haywood's (Miltonaires).

It is always a pleasure to deal with his team and I can assure you they are one of the best in the business. Furthermore even though St Johns is not Burlington Arcade with all the fake London $HI& your safe in the knowledge what your purchasing is as described and 100% original.

Basically you will not go wrong!

Colin,

There are many genuine and decent guys I have had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with, however be careful as you are opening yourself up to be taken for a ride with a comment like you have above.

Why not just enjoy the journey, you only have a while and you will learn a lot from the guys on here who are very knowledgeable.