Purchased this Hamilton Pan Europ from sales corner recently, this is the fourth ive had, why oh why i keep selling them i don't know, but anyway I always felt this watch was just not right on a leather strap, well not for me anyway, as ive done this before, twice, and its a major pain to do that took hours of trial fitting and fettling, i decided to do it again.
But this time as ive decided im going to keep this one, i would modify it in a way that probably ruins it for anybody else, i decided to relieve the car with a burr right where the spring bar runs, these run curved spring bars because the lugs are so short.
The idea was to have less curve on the bar, less radical bending of the end links so hopefully an easier fit, so fast forward a few hours and a diamond burr later the case is dare i say gouged out to give about 1.5mm extra clearance, something that can't be seen even with the standard strap on.
It has still taken me a good amount of time to make it all work, a bit of rounding of the beads that go onto the end link, but now its done, i used an Uncle Seiko For bracelet and an unbranded clasp and once again i feel it transforms the watch into what it should have been all along, lets hope i keep it

Next up, a Prometheus Sail fish, another that is my fourth, buy, sell, repeat habit. I looked for ages for this then a virtually non turned up, now i do like the original bracelet, nice sliding adjustable clasp, really useful of late, but a chance sighting of a strap on sales corner and i had to have . I know the colour is a shade off but reckon it works a treat, wore it for a few days and didn't like the way the pin buckle sort of made it slide round my wrist, so swopped the strap around and now it seems to sit more central, swopped the black buckle out for a polished and once again im chuffed.