closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Opinons on Alpina watches?

Journeyman

Opinons on Alpina watches?

I am looking for a nice looking watch for daily wear. I have seen Alpina watches and they seem to have a good history.

What are peoples opinions on the Alpina Seastrong Automatic Diver 300 Heritage Wrist Watch?

I already have a IWC Ocean Porsche Design Titanium in my collection as well as a 1960s Omega Seamaster together with Bead of Rice bracelet and am looking for something to complement.

Thoughts please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Singh View Post
    I am looking for a nice looking watch for daily wear. I have seen Alpina watches and they seem to have a good history.

What are peoples opinions on the Alpina Seastrong Automatic Diver 300 Heritage Wrist Watch?

I already have a IWC Ocean Porsche Design Titanium in my collection as well as a 1960s Omega Seamaster together with Bead of Rice bracelet and am looking for something to complement.

Thoughts please?
    Solid watches - never pay retail, always heavily discounted.

Journeyman
    Good looking watches that don't get alot of credit. Personally like the look of the Alpina Seastrong Diver GMT

Owned a couple of Seastrongs (GMT and Chrono), can't fault them - well-considered designs, beautifully made and finished - way better than the prices they command. They're only gone because my collecting interest shifted in a different direction. Absurdly underrated TBH, but the same's true of quite a few brands.

Have had one and it was a good quality watch, well under retail at tkmaxx

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76013148

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

They always seem to err on the large side.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Singh View Post

Thoughts please?
    I have the seastrong heritage. I really enjoy it. It’s pretty slim for a sports watch and leans into a slightly dressier look, rather than rugged and toolish so I wore it to work often, when going to work was still a thing! It’s also a great shorts and t-shirt watch, extremely versatile, so a great choice as a daily wearer. It is a little ‘summery’ so it doesnt get much wear for six months of the year, that might be just me.

It’s 42mm but the ‘tuxedo’ dial does shrink it down a bit if you’re looking at the black and white model. Can’t comment on the others. The relatively large crowns make it wear a little bigger again but because they’re offset, it’s not in any way uncomfortable.

It does have a number of design quirks, which for a lot of people are deal breakers but don’t bother me at all. These include the asymmetrical crown position, odd date placement, shrunken 4 o’clock index and 21mm lugwidth.

I’d try one on at an AD and see what you think. As others have said, do not pay retail for it! I bought mine in mint condition on eBay for about 40% of the list price. Even if you’re not keen on a used example, you ought to try to negotiate the price down.

Good luck!

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had half a dozen or more over the years
    Very good in my opinion, better regarded in Europe along with the likes of Eberhard,Wempe,Glycine etc
    Which in reality means they need to be cheaper in this country than they deserve
    Just my 2d worth

I bought an Alpina chronograph in a U.S Black Friday sale about 4 years ago for about 25% of its UK RRP. Lovely watches but never pay anywhere even vaguely close to RRP. Even now, Jomashop have an Alpina sale (again) with some massive discounts: https://www.jomashop.com/alpina-watches.html

Here's my old Alpina Alpiner 4:

I have a couple of Startimers, one quartz and one automatic.
    I rather like them

I bought this for £575.00 and it was brand new. The guy was honest enough to tell me it was 6 years old but it did still have all the original stickers on it.

Runs at +1 second a day on the wrist.

Always good quality in my experience.

I have an Alpiner automatic model.

Cheers,
    Neil.