closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DOXA Sub 300

Master

DOXA Sub 300

Have you seen the new Doxa Sub 300? Not much of a review, seems more like an ad, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlNig-M24bw

I think Doxa have hit a home run with this one. Proportions looks spot on to me and it looks more 'classic'. I love the smallish dial with the date window at the very edge.

It's actually a good thing I did not go for the 300T. I was never sure with that one, 1200T similarity and so on.

I have seriously considered it though, even asked about it here - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Doxa-Sub-300T

I could be wrong but seems to me like this 300, is a re-issue of the re-issue. Doxa are not helping us with all the same names/references issues every few years. Have anyone here got their hands on the new 300 or 300T yet?! Am looking forward to learn more!

I'm set on getting a Doxa, and initially thought that the new Sub 300 was ideal, but the pricing seems odd, a 300T is around £450 less, complete with HEV, size wise they are within a gnats knacker of each other.
    My other concern is customer service, is it good / bad?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm set on getting a Doxa, and initially thought that the new Sub 300 was ideal, but the pricing seems odd, a 300T is around £450 less, complete with HEV, size wise they are within a gnats knacker of each other.
    I've got the 300T Poseidon and do really like it. The bracelet screws were all damaged (must have been fitted with a badly sized or damaged screwdriver), it was painful getting a new set and took a moany post on the Doxa section of WUS to get it sorted (which was subsequently deleted).

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    I've got the 300T Poseidon and do really like it. The bracelet screws were all damaged (must have been fitted with a badly sized or damaged screwdriver), it was painful getting a new set and took a moany post on the Doxa section of WUS to get it sorted (which was subsequently deleted).
    I confess it's this kind of story that bugs me, If I buy a Omega, Longines, Rolex, Seiko etc and there's an issue,
    from experience it's generally sorted without a problem, Doxa customer service seems to have had some bad press and changed hands a couple of times, maybe I'm just over thinking things.

DOXA Sub 300

I confess it's this kind of story that bugs me, If I buy a Omega, Longines, Rolex, Seiko etc and there's an issue,
    from experience it's generally sorted without a problem, Doxa customer service seems to have had some bad press and changed hands a couple of times, maybe I'm just over thinking things.
    It was annoying at the time. This is the response I got after reporting it (within hours of receiving it):

‘Hi Eddie, sorry to hear this and I really doubt it, but the customer is always right’

It took nearly 4 months to get the replacement screws.

It was a couple of years ago and they might have improved.

Annoying as it was, I’d buy another as I do like them.

Master
    The Sub300 has a COSC movement in it; the Sub300T doesn’t.

The Sub300 has a boxed sapphire crystal so it has more of a vintage look about it - and it gives the impression of the dial being smaller.

I have a Sub1500T and really like it a lot.

I’ve recently had it serviced - and haven’t received it back yet.

I think there is certainly room for improvement in Customer Service - but at the same time I actually think they are trying to improve.

I’m actually thinking about adding another one to my collection - and now they’re so much easier to buy then when I got mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I don't understand how this is any different from the 2016 50th anniversary limited edition Doxa Sub 300 where there were only 300 of each colour.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    I don't understand how this is any different from the 2016 50th anniversary limited edition Doxa Sub 300 where there were only 300 of each colour.
    That point has been made in at least one review.

That is what I was struggling to understand as well.
    50 the anniversary Doxa though is a beautiful watch, love it.

Master
    The font is different, the bezel markings are different (metric instead of imperial), the bezel markings are also colour coded to the dial, where’s they were more a reddy orange on the LE, and the crown is different.

I guess they brought it out as they new their was a demand for it. On the US website the Professional on Bracelet was sold out on the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk