closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos...Love the watches, hate the straps.

Master

Nomos...Love the watches, hate the straps.

I'm aware that the plainness and simplicity of the 'Horween Genuine Shell Cordovan' strap is in keeping with the company ethos of 'minimalism' but I hate them, they show every mark and are too thin.

They do sell padded ones, but only in brown but the leather surface is the same.

The Velour ones I am having better luck with, they are thicker and have a suede look. But again do not suit every watch.

I have an anthracite Velour on order for my Ludwig, which should suit it quite nicely.

Anyone know a supplier of short padded straps.

Ludwig with 'Horween Genuine Shell Cordovan' strap

Velour fitted to my Metro.

Lot of different extra-short choices here (assumed 20mm lug width).

I have to say I absolutely love Nomos straps. They are extremely hard wearing and I like how they age. The horse leather used in the production is ethically sourced too which is important to me - just another reason to love Nomos!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Lot of different extra-short choices here (assumed 20mm lug width).

Ta...!

Journeyman
    I personally really like the Nomos shell cordovan straps. Thin, hard wearing and comfortable. Also, using a padded strap with the thin lugs and case of something like a Tangente, can look odd to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I personally really like the Nomos shell cordovan straps. Thin, hard wearing and comfortable. Also, using a padded strap with the thin lugs and case of something like a Tangente, can look odd to my eyes.
    Eh???? They are atrocious! mine failed after a few weeks of non-wear. Nomos didn't even reply. The jeweller (sorry AD lol) replaced it but the new one's keeper is too large for the strap itself and just slides from one end to the other. How did that get past their "quality control"? And if that's what they're like on what you can see, what about what you can't?

I know some people think that the strap is unimportant but if you're selling a watch at north of 2k you really ought to put a decent strap on it.

I also really like Nomos straps and I’ve never had a problem with either the Horween or velour ones. The small size is great for me and I won’t hesitate to replace my current one with another when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    The horse leather used in the production is ethically sourced too
    I hadn’t seen anything on that before; naturally it’s very welcome. Do you have a source for the information?

Master
    No complaints here. I think that I’ve nearly had the full spread - cordovan, suede, textile and bracelet. No Issues with any of them. In fact, the woven textile strap is the most comfortable summer strap I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I put my Tangente Sport on a perlon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I hadn’t seen anything on that before; naturally it’s very welcome. Do you have a source for the information?
    I've been through every bit of literature I've ever received from them plus I've looked on their website and I can't find it anywhere. I've definitely seen it somewhere as it was a contributing factor to me purchasing a Club 701 about 3 years ago. I'm positive I saw it in the FAQ section on their website but it's obviously been updated since. I wonder whether this coincides with their introduction of a new line of leather straps that were fitted to the new neomatik range. I will send them an email asking them to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I've been through every bit of literature I've ever received from them plus I've looked on their website and I can't find it anywhere. I've definitely seen it somewhere as it was a contributing factor to me purchasing a Club 701 about 3 years ago. I'm positive I saw it in the FAQ section on their website but it's obviously been updated since. I wonder whether this coincides with their introduction of a new line of leather straps that were fitted to the new neomatik range. I will send them an email asking them to clarify.
    Keen to hear the response. As I understand it, their cordovan is all from Horween, and I don’t recall seeing anything from that tannery about its sourcing.

Master
    I'VE FOUND ONE I LIKE.............delivered today.

Anthracite Velour, fits like a dream.

IMG_2281 by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

Nomos...Love the watches, hate the straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    I'VE FOUND ONE I LIKE.............delivered today.

Anthracite Velour, fits like a dream.

IMG_2281 by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
    That’s my favourite Nomos strap. Gives a slightly more casual look/feel. Looks good on your Ludwig!

Master
    Nomos don't do XXL straps which is also annoying