closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Favourite Watch YouTuber

Favourite Watch YouTuber

For me, my favourite is Paul Thorpe as he says it how it is and is clearly a very knowledgable guy.

Mark Goldberg
    Watch Eric
    Bark and Jack.
    Theo Harris.

Any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what would we do without Tim Mosso!!

Apprentice
    I subscribe Mark Goldberg too

Timeless watch channel is good if your into Rolex and a small bit of Omega, more of a casual collector/lifestyle channel but super production values and a common sense approach.
    There is always Watchfinders channel too, although they are more video essays and can take a good while to get to the point. Sales pitch channel like Watchbox.
    Archie has got better lately and if you know where to look in his 20 minutes of repetitive babble there is good advice and some funny stuff.
    Watch Eric - the Ex CRM Jewellers guy has his own channel now super high end mostly.

Master
    Archie luxury is the only one with any real knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Archie luxury is the only one with any real knowledge.
    I watch Archie for a good laughffffff

Roman scharf . Good honest opinions on nearly everything to do with the reselling watch industry

I like Jenni Elle. She sort of tells it how it is.

Got to be honest I love Archie Luxury underneath all the bravado he knows his stuff.

I find I’ve gone off a lot of youtubers as a matter of course.
    If there’s a watch I’m interested in, I’ll look at videos regardless of who made them, rather than looking at watches someone put up on their channel.

Broadly, I prefer the more direct reviews (watchbox, random rob) than Vlog format where just as much time is spent on the reviewers face (eg Theo and Harris / Archie). I’m even less keen on lifestyle reviews with people walking around with the watch, driving their cars and staring at stuff but I appreciate other people prefer a narrative. It’s something Hodinkee/Bark and Jack/Teddy Baldassare do and it makes me cringe a bit. Everyone has their own tastes though

Master
    That's like asking me what my favourite venereal disease is.

Journeyman
    Been watching a ton of these whilst working from home. Others in no particular order

Just one more watch
    Federico talks watches
    Urban gentry
    One watch at a time

With Archie whilst entertaining is he playing a character or is that actually him?

Quote Originally Posted by ARC85 View Post
    Been watching a ton of these whilst working from home. Others in no particular order

Just one more watch
    Federico talks watches
    Urban gentry
    One watch at a time

With Archie whilst entertaining is he playing a character or is that actually him?
    I have often wondered that too. From what I gather he is Paul pluta (a normal-ish guy) and also Archie luxury (a crazy character guy!)

Some people really do hate him. Whilst he is obnoxious he is funny with some of the comments he makes.

Craftsman
    Archielucury AKA Paul Pluta every day of the week for me. Not interested so much in the details myself, only want to listen of watch reviews and some swearing.

Quite like Bruce Williams and Random Rob for the Seiko and G-Shock content. WatchFinder sometimes but they're running dry on content recently.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Quite like Bruce Williams and Random Rob for the Seiko and G-Shock content. WatchFinder sometimes but they're running dry on content recently.
    Does anyone think the watchfinder narrators voice is a bit like being spoken to like a child haha.

I’d like to hear David Attenborough as a watch video narrator!

My two favourites would be Bark & Jack and Just One More Watch. Quite different channels, but I like them both. I’ve softened on TGV since he split with WatchBox, seems to have gone back to basics. Quite like Bruce Williams although he’s started pushing his Patreon thing a bit heavily now.

Least favourite by far is the TimeTeller, I really cannot stand that guy.

Craft and Tailored & Caseback Watches are well worth a few minutes of your time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Favourite Watch YouTuber

I also enjoy Bruce Williams, his content is often interesting and the quality is good.

Agree about Watchfinder: noticed a distinct increase in gushing “reviews” of Richemont products since the take over. I don’t have anything against this as it’s their business and they can do as they please but it certainly puts their impartiality into question.
    I still watch a lot of their videos as I enjoy the narrators voice and their macro shots are amazing.

Master
    Most of them are ok in their own way but Paul Thorpe comes out on top.

Surely our very own Bazza would be up there
    I think his videos are quite good. Better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    I also enjoy Bruce Williams, his content is often interesting and the quality is good.
    He's a bit too much sometimes but overall good. Sadly he deleted the best video he ever made. He borrowed an Explorer I for a video then when driving to the post office to give it back he left it on the roof of his car by mistake and totalled it. The damage was unreal. He ended up buying it off the guy he borrowed it from and getting it fixed. He was crying into the camera asking for donations in the end...

Like listening to Tim at Watchbox. If you're interested in Speedmasters, William Speedmaster101 is worth a watch.

He's a bit too much sometimes but overall good. Sadly he deleted the best video he ever made. He borrowed an Explorer I for a video then when driving to the post office to give it back he left it on the roof of his car by mistake and totalled it. The damage was unreal. He ended up buying it off the guy he borrowed it from and getting it fixed. He was crying into the camera asking for donations in the end...
    Ouch! Was it run over in the box or something?

I don't have a favourite exactly, but the ones I tend to follow and watch when a video looks interesting are:

Bark & Jack
    London Watch Collector
    Bruce Williams
    Random Rob
    Producer Michael
    Jenni Elle
    WatchFinder
    JustOneMoreWatch
    Hodinkee
    Federico Talks Watches
    WatchBox Reviews
    24Hours At A Time
    Swiss Watch Gang
    Long Island Watch
    Teddy Baldassarre
    TheWatchGuys
    The Urban Gentry
    Archie Luxury

I think he was promoting that video (or at least a video on that topic) on his Patron. I was curious about what happened to that watch. Poor guy, I'd hate for that to happen to me, particularly with another persons watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Ouch! Was it run over in the box or something?

Actually I was wrong, it was an Air King. Flew off the roof of his car and probably got run over a few times by other cars. Really unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I think he was promoting that video (or at least a video on that topic) on his Patron. I was curious about what happened to that watch. Poor guy, I'd hate for that to happen to me, particularly with another persons watch!
    I know, I really felt for him. Imagine it was a Daytona, would he be paying RRP, trade price or having to replace it? Certainly risky borrowing watches for reviews. Would be above my risk appetite.

Master
    Here's two not listed above:

https://www.youtube.com/c/YoureTerrific
    Always great photography, and soothing voice!

H. Moser also have a channel I watch, especially like their light-hearted take on things, like this one:
    https://youtu.be/jbHR5Lso-HU

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Nekkid Watchmaker can be funny if you haven't watched him.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I like Nick Shabazz. I'm probably the only one though. His voice is grating but ok in short bursts. I think he's quite down to earth and funny. Unfortunately most of his reviews are on knives which doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I like Nick Shabazz. I'm probably the only one though. His voice is grating but ok in short bursts. I think he's quite down to earth and funny. Unfortunately most of his reviews are on knives which doesn't interest me.
    Yeah, he reminds me of a Hank Azaria Simpson’s character, something like Chief Wiggum crossed with the scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    His voice is hilarious but hard to listen to. I was looking at some Oceanus reviews after seeing your incoming and he has some good ones, hadn't heard of him before.

One of the comments asked him to shout "hey I'm walking here!" on his next video which made me laugh.

Actually I was wrong, it was an Air King. Flew off the roof of his car and probably got run over a few times by other cars. Really unfortunate.
    They really are some “desk dive” marks!!!

I think to polish those out would remove a third of the watch!

For sale: Rolex air king. Might need a service soon as it loses time. A few scuffs and scrapes commensurate with getting run over by a few cars. Nothing a good polishing couldn’t sort out. The crystal is unmarked and you can’t see any scratches on it - you would guess it’s not even fitted it’s that clear! Will need a new bracelet as that’s probably wrapped around an axle somewhere. Looking for over RRP as these are hard to get pieces.

Jeez poor guy - you’d be gutted at totalling someone else’s watch - and that’s before having to cough up to replace it. Did he make a vid about this? I usually watch his stuff but had no knowledge of this.

Master
    Not so Ordinary Watches, low key and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Jeez poor guy - you’d be gutted at totalling someone else’s watch - and that’s before having to cough up to replace it. Did he make a vid about this? I usually watch his stuff but had no knowledge of this.
    I remember a video from Paul Thorpe in which he bought a fire damaged solid gold Rolex! That was about a year or so ago.

Craftsman
    I like watching Producer Michael see how many terrible Jacob and Co watches he can hoover up in one sitting

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Not so Ordinary Watches, low key and interesting.
    Not so obvious watches?

Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    I like watching Producer Michael see how many terrible Jacob and Co watches he can hoover up in one sitting

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I watch him too. It makes me laugh when he asks for a price on something and it’s like £20k and he says “oh wow that’s cheap”

Master
    Adrian at Bark and Jack
    Federico ( but skip the first 90 secs which are Delray Watches.com ads)
    Paul Thorpe in moderation
    ID guy for specific reviews
    Lastly Archie if I have had a few beers and just want to hear a rant!

Craftsman
    Peter Kotsa is good...my new favourite. Jenni Elle for the more mid to upmarket stuff. Just one More Watch for the fun cheapo stuff. ID Guy is quite interesting but some vids are too long. TheWatches.tv has some cool high end stuff from time to time. Tim Mosso's brain amazes me how he can churn out all that info, especially on his live vids.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Not so obvious watches?

Yep, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Nekkid Watchmaker can be funny if you haven't watched him.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Just started watching his channel on watch repair. He’s taken on some shockers and is a very talented guy.

Dry sense of humour but very entertaining to watch.

Cheers, Shaun

Master
    This theme started last summer, so it’s got legs…..my favourite approach is to find the very worst programmes. ‘The timepiece gentleman’, ‘frederico’ ‘the watchman’ and ‘bark and jack’ all scrape the barrel.
    I think, if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Or just don’t bother.
    Last edited by paskinner; 25th June 2021 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    This theme started last summer, so it’s got legs…..my favourite approach is to find the very worst programmes. ‘The timepiece gentleman’, ‘frederico’ ‘the watchman’ and ‘bark and jack’ all scrape the barrel.
    I think, if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Or just don’t bother.
    I'm quite into the Timepiece Gentleman. Seems to be an open book on watch dealing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'm quite into the Timepiece Gentleman. Seems to be an open book on watch dealing.
    I agree, is interesting to see how they operate, it doesn’t look like they make huge amounts on each piece but they have an impressive turnover.

Craftsman
    Just seen a few WatchTrader & Co videos - their stock is pretty insane, and includes the odd Premier League footballer in the vids.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app