closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Limited edition Oceanus Diver.

Limited edition Oceanus Diver.

Here is a recent pickup the Oceanus OCW-650WCJ-1AJR.

It is a full set and was issued in 2006 for the FIFA World Cup in Germany that year. I am fond of the FIFA watches and I am glad to have acquired this one.

The watch is brushed along its top surfaces but is highly polished along the sides. the bracelet is also brushed but with the edges of both the inner and outer links polished. The caseback has three finishes, matt blasted, brushed and polished. So a fair amount of effort has gone into the finishing of the watch, something which is a feature of the Oceanus line.

Black buttons one with the Oceanus logo, matches well with the black IP bezel.

It is solar and atomic and has a 24 hour stopwatch, world time, alarm, power save and low battery indicator. It has a sapphire crystal. Also, it is that unusual thing for an Oceanus, it is 200m WR and is a diver’s watch. Now it has been said that the OCW-P2000 is the first Oceanus diver, but plainly it isn’t, the OCW-650 must be.

The thing is a numbered limited edition though and only one thousand were made and they are not seen very often. I have a feeling they were never sold in the West.

The uni-directional bezel rotates very easily and smoothly, could probably do with being a bit tighter to rotate as you can move it accidently some times. The watch is well made, the bracelet is a ‘pins and collars’ one, which I prefer as it is the most secure system. The watch is in very good condition overall, not bad at all for a near fifteen year old watch.

Some wrist shots.

Mitch

Lovely watch and sounds like a great addition to your collection. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Lovely watch and sounds like a great addition to your collection. thanks for sharing.
    Cheers.

Casio have positioned Oceanus as the place for more elegant watches in the last decade or so. The cases are now made by the same factory that manufactures Grand Seiko and Casio MRG, utilising Zaratsu polishing etc.

One area where Casio do not do so well is lume but on this one the lume is very good even after fifteen years, perhaps they made more of an effort because it is a diver. One thing that is unusual is that there is no sign of the signature Oceanus blue on this one, rare to see an Oceanus without it somewhere.

Mitch

Very interesting - I'm a big fan of the range and have had a few (the s100 I think is one of the best value watches on the market).

Craftsman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfg_VpF4V6s
    I had a Casio Oceanus S100 and it was of extreme quality. Yamagata Japan dedicated plant - I believe and all in house.
    It was just a little bit too large for my tiny wrists.

Out of interest - anyone got a T200?