closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos...OK, so we'll make one for you, from scratch.

Master

Nomos...OK, so we'll make one for you, from scratch.

My wife was dead keen on a Nomos Tetra 27 champagne dial, so I ordered one from Berry's totally unaware that it is a discontinued model.

The reply from Berry's.............

NOMOS have confirmed that this will take approximately 4 weeks to arrive with us as it is a now-discontinued model which must be made from scratch.
    If you are OK with the lead time and would like to proceed please let me know and I will organise this.

I would image that it's just the case, dial etc that needs making, as the movement etc is used in other models.

Anyhow, bl**dy good of them I thought.

And Berry's are giving a 20% discount.

Not many people can say about their watch....'this was made especially for me'

0473_tetra_27_champagner-2d-front-masked by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dave in Wales; 13th August 2020 at 10:20.

Journeyman
    Remarkable service!

Master
    I'd imagine it will just be a case of assembly as they must have a stock of those dials, handsets, etc, for future services; but that's a nice touch that they're willing to put one together for you.

Nice choice too - those Tetra models look very classy :)

Wonderful service, and a lovely looking watch. Lucky wife.

Craftsman
    Wow. Given there's been a few stories lately from some of the more well known (and expensive) brands taking the piss with customer service, stuff like this is great to hear. Think I'll give my Orion a bit of wrist time in recognition.

Master
    That is really great to hear in these days. Lovely customer service and you get to know that it was made to order.
    Great work all round.

- - - Updated - - -

That is really great to hear in these days. Lovely customer service and you get to know that it was made to order.
    Great work all round.

A great example of customer service from Nomos but perhaps also slightly worrying that they're even bothering. Being a pretty niche brand and relatively high-end for the High Street, I guess they'll have sold next to nothing in the past few months and any opportunity to pull in a couple of Euros is to be grabbed at.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought my wife the Tetra Goldelse for her 40th - lovely watches and great finishing.

Yet to find a Nomos I like that suits my small wrist but if I do I'd buy the brand without hesitating.

Master
    It’s a pity Rolex don’t offer this service...

Master
    That is amazing and such a col brand too

They probably mean assembled, i would think they have spare parts for every modern model for service / repair purposes.

Still good though, most companies would not care about 1 watch sale

I love it when watch brands are willing to respond to customer demand like this.

I had an equally positive response from Damasko when I requested a custom spec - admittedly there was a hiccup with one aspect of the request - but they sorted it at their own cost to my satisfaction + a bagfull of freebies.

Archimede/Ickler - not so much - which surprised me given their main business is making parts and builds for other people, and all I wanted was the identical movement with different coloured date wheel - which they use in other models, so will have on the shelf.

Great service from Nomos. Nice to get that discount for it too.

I do quite like that watch too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    A great example of customer service from Nomos but perhaps also slightly worrying that they're even bothering. Being a pretty niche brand and relatively high-end for the High Street, I guess they'll have sold next to nothing in the past few months and any opportunity to pull in a couple of Euros is to be grabbed at.
    My own experience of Nomos is that they will do this sort of thing because they are serious about excellent customer service. Before COVID they made me a special order of a model with a solid caseback and laser engraving. The model in question was only sold with a display back so they had to fit one in the factory, and this was before they did engravings on display backs. Nothing too special perhaps but I cannot think of any other mainstream brand that would do even that for you. All I did was email and ask. It was even cheaper than the usual model because a solid caseback costs less to produce - no attempt to charge higher margins for a request.

What they do and the way they do it makes them my favourite company, watches or otherwise.

Fair enough, if this is typical of Nomos then I doff my cap to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    My own experience of Nomos is that they will do this sort of thing because they are serious about excellent customer service. Before COVID they made me a special order of a model with a solid caseback and laser engraving. The model in question was only sold with a display back so they had to fit one in the factory, and this was before they did engravings on display backs. Nothing too special perhaps but I cannot think of any other mainstream brand that would do even that for you. All I did was email and ask. It was even cheaper than the usual model because a solid caseback costs less to produce - no attempt to charge higher margins for a request.

What they do and the way they do it makes them my favourite company, watches or otherwise.
    100% different experience from mine, Worst value £2k I ever spent. Maybe they've changed their attitude now.

But a great story OP, I hope your wife loves her watch :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    100% different experience from mine, Worst value £2k I ever spent. Maybe they've changed their attitude now.

But a great story OP, I hope your wife loves her watch :)
    I've already declared my conflicts of interest - I'm a proper fanboy. But care to describe what happened?

Fantastic service, I hope she loves it. I’ve admired this for a long time....

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/club/club-703