closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dive Watch Dial Colours

Master

Dive Watch Dial Colours

I’ve read on numerous occasions comments saying that Doxa were wrong about their choice of Orange for their Subs, as Orange would disappear as a colour shortly after Red.

However, based upon this video it looks like they were right after all:

Code:
     https://youtu.be/AAJjdA6b4Ts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very cool. I guess my skx011 is worth a fortune now! Thanks for posting that!

The issue isn't the colour of the deal, it's the contrast between the dial and the hands.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The issue isn't the colour of the deal, it's the contrast between the dial and the hands.

R
    Totally agree with you - but the Orange dialled Subs have black hands and black edged indices - and the colour of the lume itself is very contrasting against the Orange.

So, it’s not hard to imagine that the hands and indices would still be a good contrast against that Orange even at 50m.

Black and while obviously are very contrasting but not necessarily always the easiest to read https://uxmovement.com/content/when-...rk-background/

Although the above obviously is really relating to text paragraphs - so isn’t really that applicable for glancing at a dive Watch.

However, the point of my post was really to address the issue that Orange dials don’t necessarily lose their colour, and hence potentially their contrast with hands and indices, as some articles have suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange that green appeared the most visible, looks almost fluorescent. Wonder whether it’s largely due to the particular dyes used and different greens (or orange) will behave differently.

There must be data for light absorption by water at different wavelengths somewhere.