closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Doxa 300 Sub article (including video)

Master
    Blog Entries

New Doxa 300 Sub article (including video)

https://timeandtidewatches.com/doxa-...ew-price-2020/

Doxa have made some revisions to case size. Looking for a wider market place.

I really like that, hopefully a discount - orange, yellow or blue?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Interesting, but no really obvious differences from the "limited edition" Sub300 (no T) that was released before the Sub300T. Not sure how that will be perceived by those who like collecting limited editions. That said I much prefer this to the 300T and seeing this makes me miss my Sub300 Professional for this sunny, summery weather.

Ant

600 Euros more than a 300T?

Or am I missing something?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I always think it should be orange but the blue would probably get more wear!

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    600 Euros more than a 300T?

Or am I missing something?
    Nope I think you're right, unless there's some logic in the cosc movement being substantially better, methinks that the 300T fits the bill, - happy for someone to show me the error of my thinking.

Master
    I like the smaller slimmer case, my pick would be beads of rice yellow dial.

Should not have read this article. Looking on their website now...

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

New Doxa 300 Sub article (including video)

Had quite a few Doxas over the years and like the idea of a smaller/slimmer one, orange professional for me.

They seem like $500 too much to me ! Unless I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by markl; 12th August 2020 at 20:58.

I will stick to my trusty Sub 1500t Professional, personally...

Simon

I'll stick with my 50th Anniversary 300 Professional, which is effectively what this is, although I have always fancied a Sharkhunter colourway.

This jeweller keeps popping up on google searches lately:

https://www.james-porter.co.uk/watches/doxa

I'd never heard of them before but they've been around a while. Are they paying for the google rank?

Craftsman
    James porter are located in the argyle arcade ,they are an independent watch shop ,they stock the full range of doxa watches as well as Sinn, Seiko , Glashutte , and I found them very good to deal with

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Hmmm,

I'm getting the Doxa itch, (not to be confused with dhobie) .
    However being a forum member for some time I've read some odd tales regarding Doxa QC over the last 15 years or so, together with at least one change of ownership, have they now ''come good'', anyone with experience of warranty claims and how they are handled.

Soz as this sounds like such a newbie request but if I'm going to head down the Doxa rabbit hole I'd like to be prepared.
    Last edited by number2; 13th August 2020 at 18:03.

Hmmm,

I'm getting the Doxa itch, (not to be confused with dhobie) .
    However being a forum member for some time I've read some odd tales regarding Doxa QC over the last 15 years or so, together with at least one change of ownership, have they now ''come good'', anyone with experience of warranty claims and how they are handled.

Soz as this sounds like such a newbie request but if I'm going to head down the Doxa rabbit hole I'd like to be prepared.
    You aren’t the only one. I’ve fancied getting an orange sub for years, but the going rate feels a bit high for what they are seem to be offering, and the used market seems small with those that do come up often priced similarly to new ones.

Journeyman
    Nope I think you're right, unless there's some logic in the cosc movement being substantially better, methinks that the 300T fits the bill, - happy for someone to show me the error of my thinking.
    I think I'd be willing to pay the difference if the grade of movement was chronometer as opposed to what I presume is standard or elabore in the 300T. Different materials for the rubies, springs and balance is something that appeals to me whether it has any functional improvement or not. But all the literature says 'COSC rated' or to that effect without saying 'chronometer grade' and I am too distrusting of the watch industry to take anything in good faith.

This one.

Craftsman
    I definitely see a Doxa in my future.

First came across them many decades ago through reading Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels...

...One day =)

Craftsman
    I saw one of these in the Argyle Arcade today and was really taken by it although I didn’t venture in for a closer look. I’d prefer the 300T if it’s a tad bigger than the 300 and would opt for the orange rubber strap.

A question for those in the know, another watch I’m considering is the new Breitling Endurance Pro which hasn’t had a great response from forum members on another thread. Would the more expensive Breitling be a considered an all round better proposition than the Doxa 300T? (assuming neither watch will be used for deep sea diving)

Breitling here:

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...o/X82310A51B1/

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I saw one of these in the Argyle Arcade today and was really taken by it although I didn’t venture in for a closer look. I’d prefer the 300T if it’s a tad bigger than the 300 and would opt for the orange rubber strap.

A question for those in the know, another watch I’m considering is the new Breitling Endurance Pro which hasn’t had a great response from forum members on another thread. Would the more expensive Breitling be a considered an all round better proposition than the Doxa 300T? (assuming neither watch will be used for deep sea diving)

Breitling here:

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...o/X82310A51B1/
    Not for me, it's trying too hard to do too much - if a watch can "have a vibe" it says "air sea rescue", just the wrong side of "lary" from me.