closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster leaving marks on wrist?

Craftsman

Speedmaster leaving marks on wrist?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else's speedmaster leaves a mark on the wrist, it always seems to leave a red blotchy mark on my wrist even after wearing the watch for just one day.

Its the only watch I have that seems to have this effect on me, anything I can do to prevent this other than just wearing a nato 24/7

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Nope. Can only think you’re allergic to the metal but odd it’s only the Speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've heard of a reaction to the nickel, i just find it odd that its the only watch I suffer the problem with! I've considered putting an aftermarket glass back caseback on it, or even just a plastic protective sticker.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    I've heard of a reaction to the nickel, i just find it odd that its the only watch I suffer the problem with! I've considered putting an aftermarket glass back caseback on it, or even just a plastic protective sticker.

Tbh it sounds like it’s not the watch for you. If it doesn’t work out of the box I wouldn’t try and turn it into something else.

How about a Tudor tiger, zenith, Daytona or GS chrono?

Master
    Has your wrist swollen in the heat (assuming you're in the UK)?
    My wrist has swollen & sweat under the watch is irritating the skin. (Mind you it's super hot & I'm sweating like a Para in a maths test).

Craftsman
    Ermm this has been something that happens in all weathers to be honest, although is worst when hot

Journeyman
    Yeah I noticed this. From the smaller centre circle on the caseback. Like it’s rubbing, leaving dry red patch. Lucky I prefer wearing it on a nato.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post
    Yeah I noticed this. From the smaller centre circle on the caseback. Like it’s rubbing, leaving dry red patch. Lucky I prefer wearing it on a nato.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    OP: that could be an option ? Switch to a
    NATO? Plenty to chose from.

I get that with many watches, it is worse in summer and worse the tighter the watch is on the wrist.

It never seems to get worse or go painful or sore and goes away quite quickly after taking the watch off, after the skin gets some air.

Craftsman
    Hello, yes I currently have it on nato, mine seems to last a number of days after, but it is also never sore

Pics? Can’t work out if this is an allergic reaction or just a bit of chaffing

The obvious answer is to pick up a few caseback stickers on eBay or Amazon and see if that solves the problem for you. In a heatwave they can get a bit sticky but generally speaking you won't know you have one on.

I have heard this a lot, My own moonwatch cut the wrists off me. Although it was comfortable to wear, somehow to rubbed the bone on the top of my wrist leaving it sore, I said this on another forum and got a load of people saying the same. There is just some wrists that dont take to the speedmaster.

Craftsman
    I will get pictures after I wear it, to show full extent as the red patch has faded now!!

Master
    It’s the only watch I’ve had that I found the raised edge to the case back design cut into my wrist. Didn’t quite actually scratch it but regularly left a noticeable ‘welt’ that took time to go. Maybe it’s something similar for you OP?