closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zulu Diver with Clasp

Zulu Diver with Clasp

I have just received a rubber Zulu Diver strap with clasp from Watchgecko. The rubber is nicely finished and very comfortable. The clasp is also nicely finished but there is one slight problem. Once the clasp is clicked into the closed position it's bloody near impossible to release it again. I had to resort to using a tool to prize it open. I really like it and don't want to send it back if there is a solution. Searching the internet it now appears to be a common problem. Has anyone managed to sort this?

This is probably going to sound a bit ham fisted but it work's if you are careful enough.

1 pairs of small pliers.
    1 soft cloth. Maybe microfiber.

Open the clasp & using the cloth as a buffer put it on one end and with a little pressure widen the end out a fraction.

Try the fit and if all's well job done.
    If it's still a little tight repeat on the other side. Until you get a good balance between locking tight and ease of opening.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

^^^ This ^^^

Usually it’s the other way round and the clasp gets loose so you have to pinch the sides of the clasp tighter.

Apologies. I should have explained better. It's not the small safety clasp that sticks but the main clasp itself. I can't see how it actually locks.

Where the arm folds over and the small arm fold's into to bottom fitting I believe there should be a very small notch either side that lock it into place.

If it is that type then just a tiny bit of filing should do it.

This might help you

https://youtu.be/zUicq34-dCM

That's what I said lol. Well at least it's an easy fix.

Certainly is a nice looking Strap, I like the clasp and it should be an easy fix, temped to pick one up myself

Definitely looks slick! How comfortable is it in this hot weather?

S

Watchgecko have quickly replied to my email and explained the following procedure .

I quote:

"You can adjust the tension on this clasp, I have attached a photo that shows direction arrows of where you will need to pinch the metal which will then loosen the clasp mechanism.
    You will need a set of small pliers to achieve this, gently squeeze the top of the T-bar gently.
    If you do take too much tension off then the clasp mechanism will fall open, to put tension back on you will need a small flat head screwdriver.
    The screwdriver will need to open up the fork area in the T-bar arm, gently twist the screwdriver head to widen the gap in the centre."

I have done this and eventually managed to get a better fit. It is much better now. Nothing is perfect in life but thumbs up to Watchgecko for their quick response. I had to trim some of the rubber to get it sized properly but this was easily done. I'm very pleased with it and would be happy to purchase another. With regards to the hot weather a rubber strap is not the most comfortable for me. I prefer a bracelet in these conditions.

Thanks for your replies chaps. I hope the above will be useful for anyone else with this problem.