closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: APC UPS - Another Product With Manufacturer Built-In Obsolescence

APC UPS - Another Product With Manufacturer Built-In Obsolescence

In June 2017 I purchased two APC UPS devices; one for my PC and once for a NAS. The accompanying PowerChute software began alerting me to the fact that both were failing self-test and that I needed to purchase new batteries. I contacted APC and ask which was the correct battery to order as I couldn't find it on the website. I was told two things:

1. There was no replacement battery available from APC.
    2. The battery wasn't user replaceable.

Number one was indeed correct, APC doesn't offer a replacement battery for my 3 year old units. However, they're easily available from elsewhere. Number two was, frankly, BS. It took me quite literally 30 seconds to undo two screws, remove the front panel, disconnect two spade connectors and remove the battery.

Another manufacturer to add to my list of those to be very wary of buying from because of lack of consumable spares just a few years after purchase.
    Last edited by Skier; 11th August 2020 at 20:15.

My APC network ups, scraps it’s battery every 18 months , suddenly alarms and says change battery, but was fine the day before, Kirching, I need to make a product like this

Plenty of APC UPSs here - none of them get APC batteries once the original is exhausted.

I’ve got a BackUPS CS 350 which is donkey’s years old but replacement batteries are still available. Stupid expensive, granted, but no problem with supply?

Cheers,

Plug.

I bought a apc ups because third party batterys are available