closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mobile phone help, please!

Master

Mobile phone help, please!

My mobile (a Samsung Alpha on Virgin) has suddenly stopped receiving calls. It'll make calls and receive texts, but it won't receive calls. Aaarrrggghhh!!! It just cuts straight to answerphone.

Help, please.

Grand Master
    is it in do not disturb mode?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    My mobile (a Samsung Alpha on Virgin) has suddenly stopped receiving calls. It'll make calls and receive texts, but it won't receive calls. Aaarrrggghhh!!! It just cuts straight to answerphone.

Help, please.
    Check the divert settings - it may have gone to VM immediatley.

On my Samsung it is in call settings, supplementary services, call forwarding.

Master
    Is it all calls or does it come through if the person keeps trying, just I've noticed with my daughter's it has had this issue the last few weeks, if I redial a time or two it will ring.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Call your network provider.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I’ve had that before with Virgin (but with an iPhone). I can’t remember if I tried to get through to their Customer Services but it sorted itself out before too long.

reset network settings reboot

Master
    Thank you very much, all.

It may be that the problem's been caused by VIRGIN addressing a new SIM for my wife's phone to me, which I then - not unreasonably - put in mine.

VIRGIN are sending us each a new SIM this week, which should show whether my problem is hardware.

(All this has taken hours on the landline to achieve, waiting for barely intelligible conversations with stunningly impolite operators in call centres in India. I wonder if Big Brother Branson knows how badly these people represent his organisation?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    (All this has taken hours on the landline to achieve, waiting for barely intelligible conversations with stunningly impolite operators in call centres in India. I wonder if Big Brother Branson knows how badly these people represent his organisation?)
    Exactly why I wouldn't go with a network which didn't have shops. You could have been in and out of Voda/EE/Three in ten minutes.

Branson sold Virgin Mobile in 2006 but the current owners will know and not care. He's somewhat of a Trump -- name everywhere but doesn't mean he owns it.

Master

Resolution

So, A WEEK after it began and several HOURS holding on the phone for four short & unhelpful conversations in pidgin English - and ill-mannered treatment by a foul-tempered woman in an Indian call centre - the problem was resolved quickly today by a very pleasant guy in, I suspect, The Philippines.

From start to finish - from sending me a SIM I didn't ask for, stopping the Broadband function of the old SIM without telling me, then, several days later, disabling the SIM's receive function, again without telling me, and, finally, not enabling the new SIM - this has been Big Brother corporate chaos.

Not nice.

Changing network then?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Exactly why I wouldn't go with a network which didn't have shops. You could have been in and out of Voda/EE/Three in ten minutes.

Branson sold Virgin Mobile in 2006 but the current owners will know and not care. He's somewhat of a Trump -- name everywhere but doesn't mean he owns it.
    His only involvement is the cheque he gets from them for using the Virgin Name and Logo. They would be better off rebranding as El Cheapo Network :-), it would save them $$$$