To a couple of old friends.

It's been a bit of a year - skin cancer in January followed by redundancy one week after lockdown but, as anybody who knows me will tell anybody who cares to listen, I don't let these things get me down.

There are downsides, however, and a new job has caused me to re-focus on what's important.

To support a possible change of pace, I'm off-loading some old tat. This thread is purely to celebrate a couple of pieces of this old tat which are currently at a dealer being valued and which, I fear, have graced my wrist for the last time. In trying to move on, I'm convincing myself that a nice new quartz jobby will be far more me, far more accurate and won't need any special mollycoddling and so, as of now, these are just worthless relics of the past...

First, the boxes...

Untitled by d1ck_browne, on Flickr

and...

Then the contents. Load of Swiss rubbish...

Both my birth year - 1968, and practically worthless. Probably fake too, now I come to think about it. If the bezel inserts seem a little bit skewy, that's becasue they're just loose-laid on some non-genuine inserts I bought from Cousins when I acquired the watches, because I didn't want to damage the originals. Don't know why I bothered. It's not as if I even like the stupid watches. Or watches at all...

I'll just be happy to see the back of them.