closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Snoopy Advice Sought

Craftsman

Snoopy Advice Sought

Not been on here for a while but I’d appreciate this forums opinions on this.

Silver Snoopy. Would you guys sell now if you bought from dealer at official release price or do you think it’s a watch that will continue to increase in value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a tricky one and depends if you need the money,but there’s a lot of 40 year old Speedies not making them figures ,will these be worth double in 40 years.
    Personally I’d sell .

Craftsman
    I suppose, financial considerations aside, it depends how much the watch means to you. If you love it, hang onto it. You will always be able to make a profit if you bought at the release price. Now looking at the financial side of things, the watch has performed superbly - beyond most people’s wildest dreams. If Chrono 24 is to be believed it’s had a very steep uptick in price appreciation over the pandemic period. As we all know, it’s very hard to predict the market, but my feeling is that now is a great time to lock in some massive upside and reinvest in something grailworthy. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The current price is £35k and you paid £4.6k, depends how much of a return you think is possible. I've had two, both when they were around the the £8.5k/£9k mark and sold them. Each time they have gone though the next level I am surprised, but it just keeps going.

I was speaking to Darren at Vintage Speedmaster last week and I asked him if people are really paying £35k for this watch and the answer was yes.

Selling becomes a problem privately, would you sell such a high value item on e-bay or Chrono24, I wouldn't. Selling to a dealer is an option, but personally I would sell through Darren who would take a sales commission and can send it anywhere in the world fully insured. It would certainly be worth talking to him before doing anything as he has these listed on a fairly regular basis and each time the price is far higher than the last time. He might advise you to keep hold, who knows.

People on here are merely speculating and commenting on the madness, which may be interesting, but doesn't really help you.

Good luck and report back when a decision is made.

Master
    I'd sell simply because I have no understanding of why the price is even remotely close to where it is currently or how a modern speedy could be worth so much.

Master
    I nearly bought at 8k and thought it was too much...when i checked again they were 20k and didn't realize they were now 30k.

It's supply and demand but at 30k plus if i had bought at RRP i would sell.

I was trying to negotiate a part ex on here. My d blue against a snoopy. We argued over £250

Oh well!

No one knows where the price will go definitively. Personally I’d sell for a c£30k profit.

If you do just don’t keep checking on the prices and torture yourself!

Master
    I will never understand the inflated price of that watch.
    Absolutely nuts.
    I’d cash in before people come to their senses.

Master
    If the £35K is genuinely realistic, then sell the thing and take a tax free £30k profit. Then treat yourself to a PP which will always go up in value and you will have the bonus of wearing a top end watch.

It's still a bog standard moonwatch with a fancy dial, case back and LE box set, so the extra grand making the list price £4.6k was probably about right, but that's it, it's still a bog standard moonwatch.

The remaining £30k is just bragging rights because you own one, which is a lot of money.

Be interesting to see how many of the 1970 watches are still with the original owners. I remember one day when they were around £8.5k there were 25 on Chrono24 and 10 on e-bay on the same day...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It's still a bog standard moonwatch with a fancy dial, case back and LE box set, so the extra grand making the list price £4.6k was probably about right, but that's it, it's still a bog standard moonwatch.

The remaining £30k is just bragging rights because you own one, which is a lot of money.

Be interesting to see how many of the 1970 watches are still with the original owners. I remember one day when they were around £8.5k there were 25 on Chrono24 and 10 on e-bay on the same day...
    This is absolutely right. It boggles the mind how this watch has done as well as it has. Omega makes like thirty limited editions per year - why has this one done so well? The premium you are making if you sell it, unlocks the door to some fantastic watches (or a boatload of cash). Nice problem to have.

Master
    I remember following the various threads on here as the price steadily rose with amazement... and it’s now £30k+!!!!

I think I’d have to sell at that sort of price. It’s a nice watch but not £30k+ nice.

Master
    I like it but it feels gimmicky. There’s no genuine pedigree to it as such. I can’t see it holding it’s the price the same way a pre moon would.

I’d lock in the profit and sell.

I like the Moonwatch but I’d say even the bog-standard watch is a really basic watch being sold at a premium based on hype rather than overall quality. I think part of the reason for the big box and ‘extras’ that come as standard is to somehow justify the overall cost.

The Snoopy is just hype taken to ridiculous levels...it will definitely cool off. I thought the actual watch was overpriced when I originally saw it at RRP let alone £35k!!

Conversely, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it hit £40k in the future; financial logic seems to fly out the window with this one...

If I had one and someone was willing to offer me £30-£35k it would be gone in an instant, zero hesitation. It has way more to fall than climb and it's at the top of Everest already.

This is one of those situations where you could sell at a fantastic profit margin but find it very difficult to buy back in. Keep if you love it, sell if you don’t. There will always be something else that comes along and you’ll have £30k+ to blow on whatever it is.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sell and buy something far more interesting and, let's be honest, not hard to get something that far exceeds it in quality and won't lose either such as PP

Master
    Following on from some of the advice to 'invest' the £30k in a PP...which one would you go for?

Upside % will slow.
    May fall.

30k now is yours take it buy a grail for free.

But then I always take my profits
    Good luck whatever you decide

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A toy watch at a ridiculous price, so get rid.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow - had no idea prices were that crazy. I would cash in personally

Craftsman
    Fantastic and very consistent advice folks. Greatly appreciated. Selling to buy a PP is hugely tempting, although worth noting mine isn’t a safe dweller. I wear it a lot...or at least I did until I saw the current going rate for it (which I agree is insane).

WHL1882 your comment is exactly what had me wondering. The fact it’s going for £35k is so ridiculous that it ending up going to £40k is barely more ridiculous.

Wallasay thanks for the advice on talking to the gent at Vintage. I think I’ll do that if I do decide to sell.

Master
    I remember trying one on when they were around £8-9,000 and even at that price, I didn't think it was worth it, so it trading at £30k is just crazy.

I do wish I had bought it, mind you!

Craftsman
    I think we’re all agreed here gents.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I think we’re all agreed here gents.

That’s good to know from a relative newcomer. Very reassuring.

Reading this thread was a nice surprise. I've still got mine in the safe, completely unworn since being bought for list. Last time I checked they were just pushing £20K so if they've gone up again that's great news