closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorbike choice.

Craftsman

Motorbike choice.

I know We have some British motorcycle fans on here so which of these would You choose and why? Triumph Thunderbird or Bonneville? That would be (1990s versions onwards)

I’ve had a few Hinckley Bonneville including the 865 Scrambler
    Think I’d be looking for a low mileage Thunderbird sport with the 900 triple engine from about 1996 if I were looking again, problem is they’re quite expensive in top condition- about 5.5-6k which is getting within just a couple of thousand from , say a 2017 BMW R9T

We have a modern Triumph 885cc Adventurer - I don’t really like it that much to be honest, and expected it to be a lot smoother like the 675cc and 765cc engines. But likely more powerful everywhere than the early 865cc twin. The 1200 looks a better bet to me - but I’d like something retro styled with the 765 engine.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I have a 2011 Bonneville 865SE which I am more than happy with. It's lighter and more manoeuvrable than the cruiser style bikes and is eminently customisable if that's your thing. The bike has 17 inch mag wheels which allow the bike to turn in quickly and are easy to keep clean. The SE model has a rev counter as well as the single pod Speedo. At 4000 RPM on level ground I get 70 mph. Up to 90 it's an easy ride but over that you know the bike us not happy, but to me 80 is plenty fast enough - If I had wanted a sports bike I would have bought one. I get 54 or more mpg and service is a straightforward affair. It's awkward to get in and out of my garage which is one if the reasons I decided to change from the Honda CBF1000 and the Bonnie us lower, lighter and much easier to manhandle. I thoroughly recommend the Bonnie to anyone but as with any bike,, be prepared to spend a little more to get a good one with a full service record.

Rob