closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pressure Washer

Craftsman

New Pressure Washer

Hello,

My trusty old Kracher K2 has given up the ghost while I was cleaning my car today, it's started to smell really bad of electrical burning.

I need to buy a new pressure washer soon, what does everyone here use, and what would you recommend?

I'm also intrested in short rtiggers, etc. Has anyone got one, would you recommend it and where did you buy it?

Craftsman
    Another Kranzle recommendation, I have a 1152TST.
    You will never need to buy another, proper brass pump heads, fully serviceable and patrs readily available.
    I also have a short trigger gun with swivel, quick release fittings. Very good machine.
    I bought mine from QWashers, they are on eBay and he (Damian I think) posts a lot of stuff on YouTube.
    Very good package deal, just a slight hesitation in recommending him as his after sales/customer service is lacking. He was difficult to get hold of after I placed an order and wanted some more bits.
    Cracking piece of kit though. Just check you have the correct flow rate from the end of the hose. The model I have needs 10 litres a munute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Kranzle if you want it to last forever, Nilfisk for most people, Karcher - don't go there.

Master
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...eaning-decking

On the back of this, I bought a Nilfisk, with which I have been very pleased (thanks to all those who recommended).

https://www.costco.co.uk/Garden-Shed...Brush/p/286796

I would have gone with the Kranzle though if I'd had the budget (and wanted something that looks like a converted pet-carrier).

Nilfisk. i bought it when they first started hitting the UK market properly.
    They had dirt cheap prices to try and muscle in on Kratcher i guess.
    Anyway it is still going and very happy with it but would reccomend getting higher end models.
    Cheap ones break because the parts are all plastic where they should have used metal and so on.

Craftsman
    I'm happy at about £200, is this one OK for a Nilfisk?

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/product...t.asp?ID=16380

I would like a Krazle, but I don't think I can push for one just yet.

Keep a look out here
    https://www.nilfiskoutlet.co.uk/
    They have compacts in stock at the minute but no excellent ones

Master
    I bought a Nilfisk on recommendation as it was water cooled model(the water passing through cools it), fully expecting to replace it after a year or so (I pressure wash regularly, all around the property) and three years later it's still going strong. I got the one with the extra length hose and multiple attachments. It was cheap as chips (Screwfix special offer I think) but I fitted brass fittings to the supply, rather than the plastics. Just recently stripped the driveway of weathering and general grime and the results were amazing.(No detergent, just water power and high jet-the one that will strip paint if you get too close!)

After a number of Karchers I changed to Nilfisk and am very pleased with it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I bought the same one you posted to in the link...from the same place too!

Im very pleased with it.........Only trouble was...I painted the fence a week or two prior to buying the Nilfisk....it takes the paint of the fence its that good! lol!

Kranzle.

Buy cheap, buy twice. Nilfisk and Karcher fall in this bracket.

I see a lot of threads knocking Karcher, but I’ve had one for 5 years and no issues. Mind you , I think it must depend on use - for me, washing a car or 2 every few weeks, and pressure washing a large patio etc once or twice a year, my Karcher - a K4 I think? - has been fine. If I was a car cleaning fanatic, or used it professionally I’m sure one of the other brands will be better, but 5 years out of a £150 machine is fine. Just offering an alternate point of view!

Blog Entries
    Like everything it is about usage my Karcher has been going strong for the last eight years or so but i only use it for patio cleaning a couple of times a year never the cars so i would not want to pay more than £100/ 150 tops
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Kranzle again!

I had a capacitor fail in mine last year and it was a £29 repair by the AD.
    The machine has been otherwise faultless for about 10 years now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uptheaddicks View Post
    Kranzle again!

I had a capacitor fail in mine last year and it was a £29 repair by the AD.
    The machine has been otherwise faultless for about 10 years now.
    Great Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    I’m browsing their website on my iPhone and it doesn’t look too user friendly, what would you recommend for weekly car washing and twice a year patio cleaning ? I’m on a student budget ;-)

Nilfisk user here, got it as joke present for the wife many years back and it’s still going. Did develop a leak a few weeks back but a quick giggle and £2 later spent on eBay to get an o ring and it’s back working.

Mine is also the really cheap one, think it’s a c110 or something similar but for the patio and washing the cars it’s not really missed a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    I’m browsing their website on my iPhone and it doesn’t look too user friendly, what would you recommend for weekly car washing and twice a year patio cleaning ? I’m on a student budget ;-)
    In that case I'd recommend a Karcher.

Kranzle are really built for the professional (i.e. mobile detailing) market and are priced as such.

I use mine to keep one Land Rover and three motorbikes clean, so it gets used at least once or twice a week all year round. When I was on a student budget myself I had a Karcher and was perfectly happy with it, but I got bored of it breaking every 3 years and the fact that the most robust part of it was the aftermarket brass hose coupling I screwed on the water inlet. IIRC Karcher had a refurb store online where you could pick up a bargain every now and then.

If you do go down the Kranzle route then I'd recommend QWashers - there are lots of videos of him on YouTube demonstrating snow foam etc. which give you an idea of the different products on offer.

Master
    I have recently replaced my X5 Karcher with basically the same model.
    Previous one last eight years with weekly use on two cars now three.
    Wickes had it on special offer for £160, bargain.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Karcher-K5-...asher/p/174683

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    I'm happy at about £200, is this one OK for a Nilfisk?

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/product...t.asp?ID=16380

I would like a Krazle, but I don't think I can push for one just yet.
    I have this one... and it’s great. Highly recommended.

Im not a regular user, but it’s been spot on for my needs and perfectly reliable. The hose length and reel are a revelation, and the soft hose is great.

Very pleased and no regrets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    After a number of Karchers I changed to Nilfisk and am very pleased with it.

R
    Sam here - very pleased with my Nilfisk

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Hi Gus, sorry I didn't see this earlier. The one I linked to should suffice. It starts getting ridiculously expensive after that. If you car wash weekly the so called two bucket method, though it may be better to use four to six microfiber noodle mitts and the shampoo in the bucket, rather than one or two mitts and the two buckets. This can then be topped up by a monthly pressure wash should suffice. If you've protected the paint by, wax, sealant or ceramic/graphene coating remember to use a decent automotive shampoo, otherwise in the case of the wax in particular and some sealants it will reduce their protection. Not so much an issue with the ceramic or the newer and much more expensive graphene ones.

Kranzle is similar to the old Miele stuff, in the sense you buy once and it will last for many, many years. But you'll pay for it, though usually recoup the initial outlay, by not buying cheaper stuff two or three plus times.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Hi Gus, sorry I didn't see this earlier. The one I linked to should suffice. It starts getting ridiculously expensive after that. If you car wash weekly the so called two bucket method, though it may be better to use four to six microfiber noodle mitts and the shampoo in the bucket, rather than one or two mitts and the two buckets. This can then be topped up by a monthly pressure wash should suffice. If you've protected the paint by, wax, sealant or ceramic/graphene coating remember to use a decent automotive shampoo, otherwise in the case of the wax in particular and some sealants it will reduce their protection. Not so much an issue with the ceramic or the newer and much more expensive graphene ones.

Kranzle is similar to the old Miele stuff, in the sense you buy once and it will last for many, many years. But you'll pay for it, though usually recoup the initial outlay, by not buying cheaper stuff two or three plus times.
    Can you leave a Kranzle pressure washer in the shed over night? It seems like Karcher ones just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Can you leave a Kranzle pressure washer in the shed over night? It seems like Karcher ones just don't like it.
    I actually went hunting for my old Karcher k3500 today which had been packed away in my shed for the last few years, took it out, set it up and it started first time, no leaks etc. What I was careful at the time was to ensure there was no water in the system before packing it away, so I'm assuming a lot of these failures are to do with water freezing inside the system and cracking seals/ joints etc.

If you do buy a Karcher, avoid at all cost the K1 / K2 series as the motor inside is air cooled, so they won't last or put up with any prolonged use. The K3 (superseeded by the K4 and above) have a water cooled induction motor, so have more longevity and are a bit more robust.

I agree with other's though, if I was to buy a new pressure washer today it would be as a minimum, the Nilfisk.

Banned
    Kranzle all day long, my karcher lasted no more than 18 months and maybe 10 or so uses

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    Kranzle all day long, my karcher lasted no more than 18 months and maybe 10 or so uses

They come with 24 month warranty should of used it?

What model?

Master
    When you finally decide that the nilfisk e145 for £200 is the sensible option, add the car wash nozzle to the basket too. Lots of posts about pressure washers, but using the right nozzle is super important, and use with the lance at a small angle to the bodywork, not at 90 degrees blasting dirt into the panels, even allowing for snow foaming first.

Master
    Just found they do an adapter which means I don’t need to replace my snow foam lance or patio washer. Tempted to upgrade now.

Master
    I don't want to sound like a Nilfisk fanboy, but I'm someone who would typically gravitate to a Kranzle type purchases and detail my cars to a decent standard. The E145 has been faultless for 3 years now, you can buy adapters to use your previous Karcher or other fittings, and comes with a reinforced long hose which does not kink. I will probably buy a Kranzle one day, but frankly it couldn't have done anything better than the Nilfisk has over the past 3 years and no sign of packing up. Should also have said to get the 90 degree nozzle as well as the car wash one. The 90 degree is great for wheel arches / alloy wheels and a whole plethora of other jobs where a straight fitting does not work, it projects quite a wide jet of water. The nozzle for sucking up water is good too if you get any pooling, for instance if dirt water pools near where you wash the car you can just suck it back up into a bucket and pour it away elsewhere.

Don't forget that with Autumn coming, a pressure washer is a great way of blowing leaves into a pile to pick up, uses a lot less water than you think and is more effective than a petrol garden vac for that job.

Craftsman
    I bought a Bosch Aquatak 110 unit when it was £67. I was very sceptical, especially given the cost when compared to others, but decided to give it a go anyway on the back of some positive reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-EasyA...utdoors&sr=1-1

I've been extremely pleasantly surprised by the little thing.

Looks like you can still get it for sub £70 (not sure if there's additional postage):

https://cpc.farnell.com/bosch/easy-a...xoC-hAQAvD_BwE

Craftsman
    Based on another post here I replaced my broken Karcher with a Nilfisk.

Fantastic, still going strong.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I don't want to sound like a Nilfisk fanboy, but I'm someone who would typically gravitate to a Kranzle type purchases and detail my cars to a decent standard. The E145 has been faultless for 3 years now, you can buy adapters to use your previous Karcher or other fittings, and comes with a reinforced long hose which does not kink. I will probably buy a Kranzle one day, but frankly it couldn't have done anything better than the Nilfisk has over the past 3 years and no sign of packing up. Should also have said to get the 90 degree nozzle as well as the car wash one. The 90 degree is great for wheel arches / alloy wheels and a whole plethora of other jobs where a straight fitting does not work, it projects quite a wide jet of water. The nozzle for sucking up water is good too if you get any pooling, for instance if dirt water pools near where you wash the car you can just suck it back up into a bucket and pour it away elsewhere.

Don't forget that with Autumn coming, a pressure washer is a great way of blowing leaves into a pile to pick up, uses a lot less water than you think and is more effective than a petrol garden vac for that job.
    Interesting thank you, as the kranzle is the one I’d normally gravitate to also. My current Karcher is from 2003 when I had my Focus RS and invested in one, think it was sub £100 so has given great value for money in that respect.

Confused on the car wash comment. Are you talking about the nozzle that gives 80 degrees of spray, or the nozzle that is angled at 90 degrees for cleaning under the car?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I've been pondering a Pressure Washer mainly for washing the car & would have defaulted to Kärcher.

However, based on the comments in this thread - I've just ordered a Nilfisk...
    I like the idea of the Kränzle - but it seems OTT for my modest usage.

z

Re keeping in the shed...really, is it a problem? I was looking at buying a pressure washer but it wil have to stay in the shed.

Master
    My Nilfisk lives in the shed. No problem at all, but if it is likely to be in freezing temperatures before you use it next, always make sure you remove the hose supplying water to the machine and then run the pressure washer until no more water comes out - I take the lance off to do that so just runs water out of the pressure washer hose. That flushes out water that would otherwise sit in the machine, freeze and potentially damage it and is advice from Nilfisk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Interesting thank you, as the kranzle is the one I’d normally gravitate to also. My current Karcher is from 2003 when I had my Focus RS and invested in one, think it was sub £100 so has given great value for money in that respect.

Confused on the car wash comment. Are you talking about the nozzle that gives 80 degrees of spray, or the nozzle that is angled at 90 degrees for cleaning under the car?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 80 degree wide angle auto nozzle. Much gentler on the paint but still does the job. The right angle nozzle for wheel arches, under the car, etc is great too

I bought a Kranzle K1152 TST, it’s the best cold pressure washer I’ve ever used by miles. Funnily enough my neighbour has a Karcher X something which is supposed to be exactly the same performance, it want even close.

Master
    Another Nilfisk use here, had mine for years now with no problems. Bought it after my FIL got one, he researches all his purchases to the far end of a fart so I new it was going to be decent🤣

I’m on my second Karcher in 32 years. The current one is about 12 years old. It’s only 130bar, but it cleans the cars (without blowing the paint off) and manages the patio, BBQ, etc, without any problems. Very happy considering it cost about £100. I think it’s modern equivalent is the K2.

The only change I made was to replace the spec hose with a 6meter one.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    My Nilfisk lives in the shed. No problem at all, but if it is likely to be in freezing temperatures before you use it next, always make sure you remove the hose supplying water to the machine and then run the pressure washer until no more water comes out - I take the lance off to do that so just runs water out of the pressure washer hose. That flushes out water that would otherwise sit in the machine, freeze and potentially damage it and is advice from Nilfisk.
    Not sure about that.....I was advised years ago to never run the pressure washer dry (I.e without water opened up to it).
    I’ve always adhered to that.
    Of course it might be an old wives tale.

Journeyman
    The new Titan range in Screwfix seem to get good reviews and they are usually excellent with any issues and offer a quick exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
    Not sure about that.....I was advised years ago to never run the pressure washer dry (I.e without water opened up to it).
    I’ve always adhered to that.
    Of course it might be an old wives tale.
    Old wives tale, https://www.nilfisk.com/en-ie/news-a...essure-washer/

Thread resurrection….. I’ve just had 90 square meters of porcelain patio installed and want a pressure washer to keep it pristine and also use on block paved drive and car wash. Anyone got any recent deals and recommendations. Nilfisk and Kanzle seem to get a lot of love. But a Karcher K4 in their outlet site for circa £120 maybe worth a gamble ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    this one ... grey 7

https://www.directhoses.net/collecti...ressure-washer

and a hose and gun

https://www.directhoses.net/collecti...gun-lance-sets

excellent piece of kit far superior to my last nilfisk albeit a little bit more
    Last edited by subzeer0; 9th September 2022 at 07:46.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Probably not a gamble, Aldi and Lidl stuff is generally very good!

This is like the usual washing machine thread. Do Miele do a pressure washer?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    This is like the usual washing machine thread. Do Miele do a pressure washer?
    Yes, it's called a Kranzle.