closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Printer cartridges

Master

Printer cartridges

Has anybody tried to get printer cartridges lately ? I wanted a new black one for my hp printer no one online had one there were ones on eBay for 3 times the normal price so I went in town every shop had virtually no hp cartridges I ended up having to get a Tesco branded multipack just to get the black one

Master
    Similar, I had to pay Rymans price for a bog standard HP301 the other day. No change out of 30 quid... the last one I got was about £18 I'm sure!

A big shortage due to BPM

(Black Print cartridges Matter)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Everyones working from home

Blog Entries
    My printer packed up and had to buy a new one. Normally no problem £40 and done. Now £120 and lucky to get one!
    Bought some cartridges for it and they were eye watering expensive.
    Times have changed.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I’m with the HP cartridge subscription thing and we received our latest stash last week.

I never have to worry about running out because it gets posted out automatically when levels run low.

You choose a plan based on how many pages you think you print per month and swap up or down whenever you want.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Me too. Great way to go.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I’m with the HP cartridge subscription thing and we received our latest stash last week.

I never have to worry about running out because it gets posted out automatically when levels run low.

You choose a plan based on how many pages you think you print per month and swap up or down whenever you want.

I’m also on the HP subscription. I had to up the plan for a couple of months due to home schooling but simply dropped it down again. Cartridges always arrive in good time and as you say I never have to worry about running out. It’s been very good for me and very economical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I’m also on the HP subscription. I had to up the plan for a couple of months due to home schooling but simply dropped it down again. Cartridges always arrive in good time and as you say I never have to worry about running out. It’s been very good for me and very economical.
    Exactly what we did. Upped from 50 to 100 per month, now back down again. I was on the freebie plan but I'm working from home so needed to print a few extra pages.

Exactly what we did. Upped from 50 to 100 per month, now back down again. I was on the freebie plan but I'm working from home so needed to print a few extra pages.
    I had to up to the 300 pages per month plan. I’m really not sure what my wife was printing for the kids, but the less said in the middle of a homeschooling day the better .

I might have to buy a new all in one printer to replace my ancient HP - does the subscription automatically adjust for your needs or do you manually have to move up and down?

Printer cartridges

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I might have to buy a new all in one printer to replace my ancient HP - does the subscription automatically adjust for your needs or do you manually have to move up and down?
    You manually adjust using the app. You can change up anytime but I think the change down is applied on the next bill cycle. The app allows you to keep check on total pages used for the month etc.

50 pages £1.99
    100 pages £3.49
    300 pages £7.99
    700 pages £17.99

Unused pages rollover to the next month. It’s an excellent service for a light to medium home user.

Also with a new printer you’ll possibly get 3,6 or even 9 months free to try the service.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Read conditions and consider carefully how many pages you’ll print. For example one dot on a page will count as a page.

HP obviously don’t run this to save the consumer money.

I had to up to the 300 pages per month plan. I’m really not sure what my wife was printing for the kids, but the less said in the middle of a homeschooling day the better .
    Exactly this as well

Every time I'd walk through to make a tea or use the loo, the boy would start chatting to me, the wife would start glaring at me, and I'd have to beat a hasty retreat.

The thing is, I can't imagine them going back. There are too many uncertainties, no assurances, and I don't blame the schools for that. It's a mess.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 8th August 2020 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Read conditions and consider carefully how many pages you’ll print. For example one dot on a page will count as a page.

HP obviously don’t run this to save the consumer money.
    We do waste some pages due to user error, which count against your monthly allowance, but we've still saved money compared to buying our own cartridges.

You manually adjust using the app. You can change up anytime but I think the change down is applied on the next bill cycle. The app allows you to keep check on total pages used for the month etc.

50 pages £1.99
    100 pages £3.49
    300 pages £7.99
    700 pages £17.99

Unused pages rollover to the next month. It’s an excellent service for a light to medium home user.

Also with a new printer you’ll possibly get 3,6 or even 9 months free to try the service.
    Live and learn - just enrolled at 50 ppm.

As a matter of interest, if you opt for <15 ppm does that mean you just get free ink from HP?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    As a matter of interest, if you opt for <15 ppm does that mean you just get free ink from HP?
    Yep, but with the 300-page capacity of the cartridges, it will be a while before you see any

We started on the 15 and sometimes went over. You get charged £1 for every 10 pages over the 15. We soon upgraded, but the 15 will be perfect for some.