closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The 'other' Steve McQueen watch - Rake & Revolution Hanhart 417 Chrono

The 'other' Steve McQueen watch - Rake & Revolution Hanhart 417 Chrono

https://therake.com/stories/introduc...7-chronograph/

Stunner! Ordered one. IMHO of the ltd edition watches released today this is my favourite
    Last edited by ryanb741; 7th August 2020 at 16:07.

It's really nice watch in its own right, but I'm puzzled how this is a tribute to McQueen when they already make a couple of watches that look a lot more like his actual SS 417:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    It's really nice watch in its own right, but I'm puzzled how this is a tribute to McQueen when they already make a couple of watches that look a lot more like his actual SS 417:

If you look at the sub dials you will see that the layout is completely different on this to that of the original. Also, the hands and dial script are totally different. The Rake watches should though, in my opinion, be handwound if they want to be a true tribute.
    I love Hanhart watches, have had several when they were far more reasonably priced, but always flipped them - a big regret for one or two. Unfortunately I think that the new ‘modern script’ spoils the dials, the traditional German script for the Hanhart logo was part of the history. That alone would make me buy the Rake LE over the normal watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    If you look at the sub dials you will see that the layout is completely different on this to that of the original. Also, the hands and dial script are totally different. The Rake watches should though, in my opinion, be handwound if they want to be a true tribute.
    I love Hanhart watches, have had several when they were far more reasonably priced, but always flipped them - a big regret for one or two. Unfortunately I think that the new ‘modern script’ spoils the dials, the traditional German script for the Hanhart logo was part of the history. That alone would make me buy the Rake LE over the normal watch.
    The Rake watches are handwound.

Not a fan of bronze and the lume colour looks odd against it. Dare I say some more vintagey lume would have been better. I'm also a bit over all these McQueen associations. Buy a Cartier Tank if you want a watch he wore!

Plus, I find Wei a bit of a twat, not sure I want a watch associated with him.

Nevertheless be interested to see how it is in real life, looks big at 42mm. Does the bund make it wear smaller?

Damn, I'm tempted!

They are also selling a Belstaff Trailmaster with a photo of McQueen with the watch on. However I think the jacket he is wearing is a Barbour.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

...Buy a Cartier Tank if you want a watch he wore!
    A Benrus 3061 would be a cheaper option than a Gold Tank Américaine.

Master
    My manual wind Hanhart, which I’m going to wear tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

That is a 45mm beast. It has a nifty 12 hour totaliser module added on the seconds counter but the whole thing looks nothing like the 417.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Just ordered one of the HanhartxRevolution watches....
    Seen and handled one next to an original 417 ES and it’s a stunner, just need the bronze to age a bit!

^tempted myseld tbh David - Looks amazing! Please post some pics and comments when you receive it.

Journeyman
    Next week Hanhart is going to release something new. Out from the already released photos (teasers) it looks like 417 in a steel. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    Next week Hanhart is going to release something new. Out from the already released photos (teasers) it looks like 417 in a steel. Can't wait.
    That would probably be irresistible.

Looks lovely, well done. Hope it appreciates like their Sinn LE.

Tempting, Hanhart have been using a video of my old 417ES (sold some years ago) in their advertising.

Regards

Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Looks lovely, well done. Hope it appreciates like their Sinn LE.
    Who knows
    I’ve just sold the Dark Star for what I paid a year or so ago....left a chronograph shaped gap that needed filling....

If anyone missed out, and is interested, ahead of an advert in Sc, my as-new example (49/150) is available at what it cost me (£1806) and will include a genuine croc strap and RMSD in the uk.
    If interested, check C24 prices and have my arm off!
    Beautiful watch
    🐐