closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ever got a watch that is the antithesis of your normal style? Here's one.

Ever got a watch that is the antithesis of your normal style? Here's one.

Ever come across a watch that you have not seen before and which just calls to you ‘buy me’ even though the watch may not be your usual style?

Here is one, I was just browsing a Japanese auction site and saw this watch.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jtjaFp][/url

It is a very early Citizen Attesa. Citizen introduced this line in 1987, to showcase their newly developed titanium watches and the build quality and finishing was a step up from the normal Citizens. This dates from June 1988 and uses the same 4630 movement used in the first Attesa.

It is all titanium and has a domed sapphire crystal, it is quite small but wears bigger due to its integrated bracelet. The bracelet has a butterfly clasp.

The clasp was a bit loose when I got it but I soon tightened that up and it is now fine.

The watch is just a three hander and it is quite dressy and those are not my usual style but there was something about the grey colour, combined with its gold highlights, that I found attractive, its bracelet really complements the case and the black dial and gold hands are simple but again complement the rest of the watch and look quite classy actually. I am not that fond of Roman numerals but with these being on the bezel and not the dial they don’t intrude at all and actually a little bit of interest to the overall look.
    It is in very good condition for an over thirty year old watch.

It is a very slim and light watch coming in at 5 mm thick and 63 g.

I don’t think these early Attesa’s were ever sold in the West and it is a pretty rare thing and you are unlikely to see another anytime soon,

A few wrist shots.

So this was not my usual style, I prefer more sporty and bigger watches than this dressy small one, gold is not something I usually look for and Roman numerals I tend to avoid but something about it just sang to me. Has anyone else ever done this, got a watch that is the antithesis of your normal style, just based on its looks?

Mitch

Master
    thats quite like a must de cartier my wife has

That is the epitome of a 80s dress watch.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Love child of a Polaris and a Constellation. Too small, but I actually kinda like it

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Love child of a Polaris and a Constellation. Too small, but I actually kinda like it

It is certainly a lot smaller than I would usually wear but it is not something that would you would think was unusually small in real life, it wears bigger than its dimensions would suggest.
    Here it is compared to a 'full sized' Tag Heuer at 41 mm.

Mitch

Master
    Normally 44mm is my absolute tops, but couldnt resist this one!!! (think it was 55mm or so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    It is certainly a lot smaller than I would usually wear but it is not something that would you would think was unusually small in real life, it wears bigger than its dimensions would suggest.
    Here it is compared to a 'full sized' Tag Heuer at 41 mm.

Mitch
    I got it into my head that it was 34mm, but certainly looks bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Normally 44mm is my absolute tops, but couldnt resist this one!!! (think it was 55mm or so...)

That's hilarious. There's a great steampunk vibe going on there...

Simon

Looks like an accident waiting to happen!

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?