closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Complete the three.. pic

Blog Entries

Question Complete the three.. pic

Following a recent thread. Here are the three together. Maybe it is time to thin out the rest?

Left to right:

Vacheron Constantin Overseas blue - 4500v
    Patek Philippe Annual Calendar yellow gold - 5146J
    Audermars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver - 15710ST

Thanks for looking.

Martyn.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th August 2020 at 22:47.

Master
    Very nice, has it finally landed & how did you get it past the Mrs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Very nice, has it finally landed & how did you get it past the Mrs?
    Err - landed as pic shows - Mrs does not know yet. Official trade embargo ends next month so just need to keep it hidden for a few weeks

Flip the AP for a slimmer variant. It doesn't fit with the elegance of your stellar choices for the other two, for me

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Err - landed as pic shows - Mrs does not know yet. Official trade embargo ends next month so just need to keep it hidden for a few weeks

All the best my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by neilf1965 View Post
    Stunning!!
    You are James_ and I claim my £5

The VC is the winner for me. Stunning trio!

Craftsman
    Magnificent, just the PP to add for me, that’s looking like my 40th next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That’s how to do it!
    A Fabulous trio that I would love to own.
    Thanks for posting

Wow, that’s a very impressive trio and a great sight to see on a Friday morning! If the Mrs doesn’t know yet, I wish you every success in retaining your bodily appendages!

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Flip the AP for a slimmer variant. It doesn't fit with the elegance of your stellar choices for the other two, for me
    I think it provides pretty much the perfect contrast to the other two, for me it fits spot on and makes a fine trio indeed. A regular RO would step on the VC's shoes.

Magnificent trio Martyn :-)

Craftsman
    Very nice, the VC being the pick of the bunch. I might be slightly biased as I have the exact same piece and haven't worn anything else on the wrist since I got it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Very nice trio Martyn, cream of the crop. The VC is the pick of the bunch but I absolutely love the Offshore. Perhaps time to thin the rest indeed - maybe turn the CHNR (and the LVc if you still have it) into a nice 114060 or a classic 5 digit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Very nice, the VC being the pick of the bunch. I might be slightly biased as I have the exact same piece and haven't worn anything else on the wrist since I got it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I think you are being biased as I would of said the vc was the runt of the litter

love the AP, they are so butch manly watches. I think Arnold Schwarzenegger actualy has one or more of them in his 50+ collection

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I think it provides pretty much the perfect contrast to the other two, for me it fits spot on and makes a fine trio indeed. A regular RO would step on the VC's shoes.
    The VC is relatively sporty three hander, and the current AP is very much also that - perhaps a non-Offshore chrono from AP on rubber, like the QE2 cup edition?
    It's going to be spendy spendy, but then again, Martyn's collection suggests he's not particularly limited in that department!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I think you are being biased as I would of said the vc was the runt of the litter
    Think it's fair to say that litter doesn't have a runt. Something for everyone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Think it's fair to say that litter doesn't have a runt. Something for everyone.
    I know, but you knew what I was getting at

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The VC is relatively sporty three hander, and the current AP is very much also that - perhaps a non-Offshore chrono from AP on rubber, like the QE2 cup edition?
    It's going to be spendy spendy, but then again, Martyn's collection suggests he's not particularly limited in that department!
    I believe the new non-Offshore now has the revised chronograph movement - not Dubois Dépraz ?Unfortunately nothing is infinite. I would need to do some hefty thinning out. Thinking hard about the long term of these ones: Rolex CHNR and LV and Omega Apollo 8 and Breitling 806 re-issue and Zenith El Primero CP2 PuristPro Edn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I believe the new non-Offshore now has the revised chronograph movement - not Dubois Dépraz ?Unfortunately nothing is infinite. I would need to do some hefty thinning out. Thinking hard about the long term of these ones: Rolex CHNR and LV and Omega Apollo 8 and Breitling 806 re-issue and Zenith El Primero CP2 PuristPro Edn.
    (Do keep the Zenith, of those. A really special watch I think.)

Craftsman
    What a set, congrats. The AP is the most eye catching as it is so different from the others. Big beast though.

Lovely set and good luck on finally getting got past the Mrs!
    You know in all honesty though Martyn when you thin out the other that will lead to more.. this a is disease there is no such thing as a perfect trio or collection for us it’s always on to the next one!

Gorgeous trio!

The VC for me, it's my current grail.

Wow, amazing. How could you wear anything lesser knowing you these at home? Loose all the dross and stick to this, I have to ask though, does the holy trinity still stand up? The VC is surpurb, and everyone (myself included) drool over them. But it seem when it comes to spending their own dosh, people would rather spend 25k on a Daytona.

Martyn as always your threads never cease to entertain!

Love the trio as it stands if I did have to swap one out maybe the AP with the AP Self winding?

Keep us posted on how the trade secret goes for the next few weeks from the Mrs...

S

Perfect 3 you have there Martyn. The AP only looks big next to the dressier watches, its only 42mm and gives variety. I would not change it as others have suggested (only perhaps for the ceramic version which is the nuts!)

A lovely trio you have there! Elegance, sporty and classy! Congrats.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely!

I wouldn’t mind checking out the VC in black next time im back over in the UK. The blue is too blue for my personal taste (kind of has a purple hue in some pics). Love the idea of easy quick change strap / bracelet etc.

Wouldn’t mind trying the AP too!!!

If I had to rank them (I don’t have to but let’s have some fun), it would go:
    VC
    AP
    PP

I’ve never handled any of them so this is purely from the pics I’ve seen and what I’ve read.

In any case it’s a fantastic trio, and well balanced in my opinion between sporty and dressy.