closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn worldwide price rise 1st Sept

Master

Sinn worldwide price rise 1st Sept

https://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/S...crease-d68.htm

Watchbuys are obviously talking about US prices but they do say it’s worldwide. Not a uniform increase - will vary from model to model.

Every year without fail , crazy really as the u1 was I believe around £500 on release

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Every year without fail , crazy really as the u1 was I believe around £500 on release
    Ah, not exactly news then if they do it every year - hadn’t realised that was their MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Wow - according to BoE's inflation calculator, that should be ~£725 now - the cheapest U1 is currently £1,720!

Funnily-enough Archimede can make a 3-handed tool watch with the same movement, hardened case etc for £700

New factory doesn’t come cheap I guess , I use to own a u1 and because of the increased prices I ended up selling for more than I paid so weird tbh, had a look again when the u50 came out and good god the price is now getting near double in around 5 years ,
    I can’t keep up with the Sinn inflation bubble
    Last edited by Balance wheel; 5th August 2020 at 07:46.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I noticed in the SINN 156 sales corner thread a photo with a destro 556 and 356. Have Sinn stopped doing those? I can't see them on their website. Are these typically limited runs or a config option? For example, I know it's an option Dekla offer on their pilot watches (but not on the Turbulenz for some reason).

Master
    Makes the U50 even more expensive..... damn

Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I noticed in the SINN 156 sales corner thread a photo with a destro 556 and 356. Have Sinn stopped doing those? I can't see them on their website. Are these typically limited runs or a config option? For example, I know it's an option Dekla offer on their pilot watches (but not on the Turbulenz for some reason).
    I believe those are both LEs, possibly Japanese market given the green dials (I seem to remember seeing green dial Japanese market LEs from Sinn in the past). Rare and rather nice.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    Just missed out on a nice looking 556a on SC the other day, which now seems a little more tragic. Think I'll try my luck with a WTB.