closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stowa with ETA 2824-2 - power reserve less than 24 hours.

Master

Stowa with ETA 2824-2 - power reserve less than 24 hours.

I have a Stowa Partitio with an ETA 2824-2. Watch is running fine but the power reserve is less than 24 hours. If I wind it at 7.30 in the morning it will stop at sometime between 5.30 and 6.30 the next morning. Also when I wind it it feels like it is fully wound after about 6-8 turns. That is, I feel a lot of resistance. Finally afte rit is wound it doesn't start running immediately. If I give it a gentle shake it then starts to run.

I'm probably going to have it serviced, but would anyone of you knowledgable people know what that the issue might be? Also how much should I expect to pay for a service?

An ETA 2824-2 should be able to take at least 40 turns for a full wind, so there's definitely something up with your mainspring, given your other symptoms.

I'd recommend contacting Duncan Potter at Genesis Watchmaking service@genesiswatchmaking.co.uk for pricing and availability. As an indication back in 2018 he regulated the 2824-2 in my Steinhart OVM and resealed it for £50. On timing it yesterday it was still running brilliantly. I think his full service is in the region of £200 but do check.

As above, that sounds like a mainspring issue, it may be broken or something stuck within the coils. Easy enough for a competent watch repairer to sort out for you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My manual wind O&W is being serviced at the moment ,been told about £85.00

get it serviced and tell the person servicing about what is happening so they are aware.

price depends who you send it to, i see some say 200 for a basic ETC service but most i have use were considerably cheaper than that

Master
    Thanks all for your replies. The watch seems to have self healed, but I'm going to send it for a service all the same.