closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yet another footballer getting watches stolen

Master

Yet another footballer getting watches stolen

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11746...s-stolen-raid/

"Burglars carefully tracked Riyad Mahrez before sneaking into his penthouse and stealing three watches to order.The £500,000 haul included a prized Richard Mille timepiece similar to one that knife thugs snatched from England’s Dele Alli two weeks ago.
    Raiders cased Mahrez’s *luxury block and got hold of a key fob to gain access.
    As well as the £230,000 Mille, the Man City star lost a £40,000 Rolex Daytona and a £35,000 Rolex Day Date."

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11746...s-stolen-raid/

"Burglars carefully tracked Riyad Mahrez before sneaking into his penthouse and stealing three watches to order.The £500,000 haul included a prized Richard Mille timepiece similar to one that knife thugs snatched from England’s Dele Alli two weeks ago.
    Raiders cased Mahrez’s *luxury block and got hold of a key fob to gain access.
    As well as the £230,000 Mille, the Man City star lost a £40,000 Rolex Daytona and a £35,000 Rolex Day Date."

That’s concerning given all the Incoming posts of Day Dates, Sky Dwellers and Daytonas proudly on display.

IPhones by default encode the GPS location of where the photo was taken into the photo itself. I don’t know if tap talk or the forum remove that or how hard it is to get other information about specific users.

What I do know is that targeted identity crimes are rising steeply. Perhaps the FAQ should advise people to disable location services on their camera, avoid sharing their real name or city and don’t share photos taken at home. This is only going to get worse in a recession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make a valid point...I was going to post about this the other day. With the demise of photobucket, a few people use file sharing sites to share the pictures of their watches, particular for sale where you can share the original full size photo. Unlike using a photo hosting site like imgur, sites like dropbox mean the entire exif data is uploaded too. I’ve seen some recent sales corner posts where I can pinpoint the watch to an exact house. Having experimented with my own photos, the GPS location often pinpoints the exact room of the house.

Knowing this forum has been actively targeted by scumbags recently, I’d definitely avoid sharing that exif data.

Journeyman
    Seems to me the safest thing to do would be to run a script to remove all exif data on all existing photos held on TRF and then have any exif data removed automatically when adding any new photos. Probably shouldn’t show what city people are from either.

Master
    I am fairly sure Tapatalk uploads strip out EXIF data.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I am fairly sure Tapatalk uploads strip out EXIF data.
    Yes, I think imgur, Tapatalk is all good. Sharing through dropbox is dangerous though.

Master
    Can you select your iPhone to not encode any gps location when taking a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
    That’s concerning given all the Incoming posts of Day Dates, Sky Dwellers and Daytonas proudly on display.

IPhones by default encode the GPS location of where the photo was taken into the photo itself. I don’t know if tap talk or the forum remove that or how hard it is to get other information about specific users.

What I do know is that targeted identity crimes are rising steeply. Perhaps the FAQ should advise people to disable location services on their camera, avoid sharing their real name or city and don’t share photos taken at home. This is only going to get worse in a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Can you select your iPhone to not encode any gps location when taking a picture?
    I think you can...

Location Services>Camera>Never

Master
    Ah yes! Panic moment for a minute but mine is definitely off :)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think you can...

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think you can...

Good suggestion but unfortunately means you miss out on looking at your photos on map or asking Siri/Google "show my my photos from Blackpool" etc.

My quick fix is a screenshot of the photo and works really well.

Master
    At least some of the scum from previous similar robberies caught :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-53639399

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Good suggestion but unfortunately means you miss out on looking at your photos on map or asking Siri/Google "show my my photos from Blackpool" etc.

My quick fix is a screenshot of the photo and works really well.
    No exif on screenshots? That is an excellent tip! Thanks.