closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Arsenal FA Cup winners (again)

Master
    Blog Entries

Arsenal FA Cup winners (again)

Well done to Arsenal for securing their 14th FA Cup win yesterday. It’s been a strange and difficult season but I’m glad for Mikel Arteta to win his first trophy as Arsenal manager.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Happy days ... hopefully Arteta will get a warchest to build a better team.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Totally he’s done really well with the players he has but investment needed if we are going to challenge.

Craftsman
    Great day yesterday! Watched it with my son who celebrated his 5th birthday in style! Aubameyang - what a player! The feint and finish for the 2nd goal was really special.

As for Arteta, he's been fantastic and by steering us to the final and winning the Cup he has secured himself and Arsenal the additional funds and 'prestige' associated with participation in a European tournament. Hopefully those funds are used wisely - we desperately need strengthening at CB and some creativity in midfield would take us up another level.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Master
    Feeling optimistic after our record breaking win on Saturday, we have Saliba who looks a big boy (6.4), our youth boys show great promise Saka, Martinelli and Maitland-Niles.

I not sure about Nelson although he has great pace and Wilock (a bit lightweight) and Nkieta (needs a Bergkamp type player to get him those tap ins), those 3 players really need regular football may be another loan in the Championship.

We also have Leno coming back but I prefer Martinez to stay as our no.1, if we can buy a midfield general like Partey and tie down Aubameyang I think we can get into top 4 next season. Get some players off the books (Guendouzi, Ozil, Sokratis, Kolasinac) we can buy who ever will want or need.

The future is bright the future is Arteta.

I forgot to add Pablo Mari (6.4) who did show no nonsense defending before his injury.
    Last edited by classics; 4th August 2020 at 01:49.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to the charity shield in a few weeks.

Fun fact. Arteta has won more trophies in 27 games in charge than Tottenham have in 12 years

Master
    Arsenal are now a cup team.
    Way too inconsistent to mount a league challenge but can beat most teams on their day.
    Remind me of Man Utd pre-Fergie
    I really hope Arteta gets it right but CB's is an absolute priority and wont come cheap.

Master
    Your 14th FA Cup triumph was a gift - Chelsea didn't turn up & looked like one game too many for them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Your 14th FA Cup triumph was a gift - Chelsea didn't turn up & looked like one game too many for them.
    I think that Lampard got the tactics wrong. Arsenal nullified Chelsea. albeit that Arsenal did have a fair share of luck but over all I would say we deserved to win.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I think that Lampard got the tactics wrong. Arsenal nullified Chelsea. albeit that Arsenal did have a fair share of luck but over all I would say we deserved to win.
    Yes, definitely deserved the win.
    Chelsea ran out of gas after 20 mins & stopped pressing Arsenal as a team.
    They stopped pressing & were way too slow in possession - you cannot play wing backs so high up the pitch if you are not shutting down the opposition, especially against teams with the attacking pace of Arsenal.
    CFC need to do some serious work on the training pitch before they face Bayern Munich on Saturaday!