closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eddie, it's past 1400BST - can you accept orders?

Apprentice

Eddie, it's past 1400BST - can you accept orders?

As the old saying goes, "Long time listener, first time caller". Long admired your business and tried to order today the PRS-68 per your instructions. Currently, it's 9pm BST. Please advise if I can order either watch model (PRS-68 and PRS-52).
    I tried at the 1400hrs BST opening, and many many times after - all produce same result - cart has nothing and the 'closed' page message displays:
    >>>
    Summer Closure
    Time Factors is closed until Sunday 2nd August 2020 for site maintenance and clearing a mountain of paperwork.
    Three new watches are due to be delivered in July and the website will be updated and brochures produced. The three watches in question can be found at this link
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...aby-quot-range
    I'll be sending notification via the mailing list giving details of availability. If you wish to receive notifications, you can sign up to my mailing list here -
    https://www.timefactors.com/subscribe.htm
    Eddie Platts
    <<<
    Thank you.

Apprentice
    I doubt he will accept more orders untill this last batch have been shipped, which. Looking at the other thread, could be 20 days.

Keep an eye out and persevere. There will be a date and time posted when the site opens for orders again closer to the time.

1400 hrs UK time is 0600 hrs California time.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    1400 hrs UK time is 0600 hrs California time.

Eddie
    Yes, I knew that and tried shortly after the opening time but what puzzled me was the results were the same - nothing would go into the shopping cart. Did you max out on orders within minutes?
    Lol, I feel like I'm buying concert tickets to the Beatles last show!
    Now that phase 1 is done, the followup question I have is how will I know when ordering re-opens? Will you send a notification email?
    Respectfully (I hope I don't sound like I'm wingey!) and thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by scram View Post
    Yes, I knew that and tried shortly after the opening time but what puzzled me was the results were the same - nothing would go into the shopping cart. Did you max out on orders within minutes?
    Lol, I feel like I'm buying concert tickets to the Beatles last show!
    Now that phase 1 is done, the followup question I have is how will I know when ordering re-opens? Will you send a notification email?
    Respectfully (I hope I don't sound like I'm wingey!) and thank you again.
    Is it possible your browser was accessing a previously cached version of the page rather than fully refreshing? This can happen with all sorts of pages, and is worth investigating whether you suffered from this: https://www.getfilecloud.com/blog/20...h-in-browsers/

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Is it possible your browser was accessing a previously cached version of the page rather than fully refreshing? This can happen with all sorts of pages, and is worth investigating whether you suffered from this: https://www.getfilecloud.com/blog/20...h-in-browsers/
    Thanks for pointing this out, mine was cached and didn't spot it...

Journeyman
    Did seem to be a problem ordering the Baby Willard right at the start - couldn't get a price to load for it initially and then after a few tries came back as sold out. Tried the Baby Dreadnought just to see and it added no problem. Assumed I'd lost out on the Willard but tried again about twenty past after reading some of the posts on the 'Baby Willard' thread as it seemed no one was getting one. It went in no problem then was completed ok. Was there a staggered availability for the orders or just a glitch - freely admit I know nothing about pcs!