closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Playground near London Eye

Playground near London Eye

Last year on two occasions I visited London for usual sightseeing. My children saw a ‘bright and colourful’ playground whilst on London Eye during the first trip. Due to time restrictions, we could not visit the playground and the subsequent trip I could not locate this playground. It was not Jubilee playground or the one next to Lambeth Bridge.

I have searched on Google maps but no luck in locating. I hope someone knows as we are due to visit again at the end of the month.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Tbh I really can’t think of another one round there....if you hadn’t specifically said it wasn’t the Jubilee then that would’ve been my bet.

Diana Memorial playground in Hyde Park? no idea if it can be seen from the wheel but my kids always enjoyed going there.......

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you - I will check that out after kids are asleep, otherwise they will start packing tonight.

I’m currently at London Eye. How far was it? Which direction?

Perhaps St.Thomas' Hospital?
    Last edited by Christian; 2nd August 2020 at 23:26.

Thank you Christian.

I am relying on my kids and wife description who say was near ticket purchasing/London Dungeons?

They no help last time and confused matters. Whenever lost, I try to blame the wife.

Ah...gotcha...it won’t be St.Tommys then as that is completely obscured by buildings and you wouldn’t see it from London Eye. You are talking about Jubilee Gardens Playground. In Jubilee Park right by the base of the Eye.
    Last edited by Christian; 2nd August 2020 at 21:25.

Unfortunately it was not Jubilee Park. Last time I switched on Google maps and yes, we are five minutes away. Everyone full speed ahead. Five minutes later, oh this isn’t it dad. Ok, play anyway.

After a play then a coffee stop at Pret which had a queue out of the door but I like Pret and thought I would wait it out. There was only two staff visible and they were working at max speed and was served in no time for a lovely well deserved coffee. I digress, after the coffee I was back on Google maps. It’s straight that way and across the Lambeth Bridge. This isn’t it dad. We’ll play anyway.

Ah, sorry, missed that in your first post!
    Last edited by Christian; 2nd August 2020 at 23:25.

Many thanks Christian.

I may have to go on London Eye to find this park.

It’s either that or go to Legoland as booked.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Many thanks Christian.

I may have to go on London Eye to find this park.

It’s either that or go to Legoland as booked.
    My last guess...

https://playgroundsinlondon.co.uk/ar...ark-playground

This is in the rough direction that your wife/children said it was in, not very far (just behind St.Thomas') and definitely viewable from the Eye.

http://stock.jasonhawkes.com/media/3...-s-park-london

I think that could be it Christian. I will show my wife.

Many thanks!

I showed my wife and she said yes that's the one referring to Archbishop's playground, as it had a zip wire.

I'm glad you didn't mention zip wire first because that would have been really confusing as there are zip wires all over the place in London.

Thank you for Diana Memorial Park which will also hopefully fit in.

Thank you all!

Oh good...like solving a mystery!