closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there anone out there can recommend a very good Pellet smoker???

Is there anone out there can recommend a very good Pellet smoker???

With me having the addiction with BBQ's and Pizza Ovens now i've finally finished the back garden then i'm now wanting to try my hand with a good pellet smoker, i'm thinking nothing too expensive maybe around the £400-£500 mark.

Looking for something where i can load up the pellets and then set the temp, not interested in one of those Egg cookers but if anyone can point me in the direction of a good pellet smoker then please do...

Master
    Don’t have one but from looking at smoking forums trager are the stand response

https://thebbqshop.co.uk/BBQs/traege...SAAEgI4AfD_BwE

As above, don't have one, I use a bullet smoker, but other than Traeger, I see the masterbuilt 560 mentioned alot

I've been looking at one from a company called Pitt Boss (guessing USA brand), they get some good reviews and there is a second hand one on ebay near me for a decent price...

Master
    Go second hand as you state, Pitt Boss, Louisiana Grill & Traeger are all good with strong reputations & following.

I was going to go Pitt Boss a few years ago but then went BGE for flexibility, despite pretty much only using it as a smoker 90% of the time.

Worth checking they have UK stockists / support for spares though.

'Dial & forget' smokers are so easy to use - the only real thing to go wrong it the shoot / adding mechanism blocking if they get damp & swell up, which then dries. Easy enough to fix, but best to burn to empty if you can manage to prevent it.

I'd choose from a Traeger, Masterbuilt or my new favorite the Broil King Regal.

I have wanted a Traeger for around 2 years, but couldn't justify it. Then I got an unexpected bonus at the end of the Summer last year and really went to town on reading up on them. [U]nfortunately, i have just been made redundant, so my new Smoker and BBQ area in my garden are on hold for the time being

Traeger have recently lost their UK distributor and are noe supporting from Europe (not a good sign to me). i found that stock this summer has been prroly avaialable (even before lockdown) and I have read a lot about the app being pretty poor. it seems that they have great availability in the states and prices are WAY cheaper than what we pay here in the \UK (due to US-UK duty payments)

I think that the masterbuilt looks pretty good, but the Broil King is really coming through as the most complete article.

There are a couple of really good FB groups on this and a few people on there that have done side by side comparrisons. I think one of the best sources pout there is a guy called marcus Bawden. Look hime up on Youtube he really is a BBQ guru.

I hope some of this helps, sorry trying to cook dinner and type at the same time, if you want to know more please shout
    John

Appreciate all the comments, price will be a big deciding factor for me hence looking at that second hand smoker on ebay...