closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: gmy

Journeyman

gmy

What would you say is a reasonable price for a Rolex GMT Master 116710LN 2008 in excellent condition full set with original receipt
    cheers

Journeyman
    That is cheapest one on chrono 24 with no box or papers.
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/gmt...id12714659.htm
    they seem to increasing in value again

Why do you want the original receipt. I know people like box and papers, but i don't recall seeing anyone insist on an original receipt. In some shops that is no more than a till receipt.

I don't even have the original receipt for my SD43 as I paid during lockdown and both me and the AD forgot when I collected. I've since had an e-receipt sent over which looks like a 5 year old typed it out. If you want the till receipt you're really going to limit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Why do you want the original receipt. I know people like box and papers, but i don't recall seeing anyone insist on an original receipt. In some shops that is no more than a till receipt.
    I think it’s a specific watch he’s looking at rather than a general question so I’m assuming it has the original receipt with it. Hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think it’s a specific watch he’s looking at rather than a general question so I’m assuming it has the original receipt with it. Hence the question.
    Thanks. Doesn't really add anything though. Doesn't even prove it's from the original buyer unless they can prove it. I've had several watches with original receipts from hand written to till receipts. They are a nice to have, but add little value.

Journeyman
    Yes its my watch, I was thinking of selling hence value qustions. It's actually a v model year purchased in march 2010

Craftsman
    Till receipts are great when you are buying a watch that is 20 plus years old. It’s a nice feeling to know where the watch you are buying started out it’s life and I think it would add more to the marketability (and some value) of something like a mint Zenith Daytona or a Bakelite GMT Master 6542. For a 2008 GMT, great if you can get it, but certainly not worth any premium.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I’ve a couple of watches that came with receipts printed on that plasticy-type fax paper - one receipt is almost completely faded and the other has turned black! Glad I didn’t pay a premium because of the receipts:)

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    I’ve a couple of watches that came with receipts printed on that plasticy-type fax paper - one receipt is almost completely faded and the other has turned black! Glad I didn’t pay a premium because of the receipts:)

Take a photo of the receipt on the day you get the watch, then if it's printed in invisible ink you still have a record