closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Volvo C30 - any experiences ?

Master

Volvo C30 - any experiences ?

I’m drawn to buying one of these. I known they are Ford Focus underpinnings but I just like the styling, particularly the Simon Templar P1800 style rear and coupe looks.

There seems to be a number of engines, petrol and diesel and a number of trim levels. I just wondered whether anyone on here has owned one and can offer any advice on them particularly as they are ageing a bit now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    I’m drawn to buying one of these. I known they are Ford Focus underpinnings but I just like the styling, particularly the Simon Templar P1800 style rear and coupe looks.

There seems to be a number of engines, petrol and diesel and a number of trim levels. I just wondered whether anyone on here has owned one and can offer any advice on them particularly as they are ageing a bit now
    Had my 2L diesel about 8 months and very pleased.Reliable,nice to drive and average 45mpg.

Master
    Blog Entries
    T5 petrol is quick and the same lump that’s in a Focus ST I think, especially when tuned by polestar. D5 diesel is fantastic but the boot is small and a bit cramped in the rear seats but aside from that good cars if not the most popular and all PSA group underpinnings do maintenance is cost effective

I’ve had a d3 R design for 3 years, it’s on an 11 plate And done 30k fault free miles.

For the money I don’t think much comes close - 150 bhp, auto box, full heated leather, and a sporty drive and decent handling. For less than £6k it’s a very good buy.

Compared to my golf gti, it’s not quite as fast, The gear change is slower than the golfs DSG, and it has two less doors. The latter is the problem for me really as it’s a tad too small for my needs. Adults struggle in the back and getting in and out of the back seats is hard.

I’ve nearly sold it a few times and may still for something bigger, but... something always stops me. They do look good and have a lot going for them that I’m reluctant to give up.

Master
    Thanks for comments up to now. Do we think that the 2.0 diesel D3 is the best engine option

Thanks for comments up to now. Do we think that the 2.0 diesel D3 is the best engine option
    I like mine, it’s £200 odd to tax, does around 40-45 mpg and pulls hard and fast. It can be a bit diesely but I guess they all are.

Master
    It must be the 1.6 then that is the cheap tax model

Master
    I liked mine, whilst I had it; I really liked the quirky design and eventually it was replaced for a v40.
    Last edited by shoppy; 1st August 2020 at 23:49.

Master
    If anyone sees a nice low mileage one give me a shout

Master
    Has anyone any experience of the 1.6d D2 engine model

Blog Entries
    Has anyone any experience of the 1.6d D2 engine model
    The engine is originally Peugeot's (PSA's)1.6D engine. Lots of info about that engine and not always positive. Google it for more info.

My wife had a V70 company car with the D2 engine. A V70 D2 is a heavier car than the C30 D2, but I can safely say that that car was slooo-ow. It's biggest disadvantage was the automatic gearbox. It broke down in Italy: Tuscany hills, 35+C temps, 4 people with holiday gear... that was too much for the auto'box. It overheated. I was glad we didn't haul a caravan. A few weeks later, the same problem occurred on Dutch soil (= flat as a pancake), when towing a RIB with an optimist dinghy. Less than 750 kg... As said, the C30 is more nimble, lighter.

Personally, it would not be my first choice.
    Last edited by thieuster; 16th August 2020 at 07:55.