closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Constellation Globemaster Advice

Omega Constellation Globemaster Advice

Job insecurities have forced me to have a complete rethink of my collection and I've ended up selling all my watches and am currently a one-watch person (Rolex DJ41). I realise this is not acceptable for TZ membership and I want to address the problem by adding a watch (I've actually sold more than I needed to).

I've only just noticed the Globemaster and am considering a purchase. Sods law that as soon as I get interested, I've noticed it is a watch that has often been heavily discounted on the high street but not at the moment!

First question...the watch has been around for a few years...have there been any changes? I only ask because a few pictures seem to show a complete flat uniform dial whereas others show the pie-pan dial. Is that just the light or do some not have pie-pan dials?

Other question...anyone know anywhere currently with a decent discount on this model?

Craftsman
    Ain't no shame in a 1 watch collection!

The Globemaster (especially the blue dial) is a great looking watch, but then again I have both the watches it's based on so I'm at a disposition... :)

As far as I know they are all pie-pan style dials. Some might look flat due to the photo angle or lighting maybe?
    Have you tried one on yet? If not then I'd recommend it as, imo, they wear a bit bigger than their dimentions suggest.

If you're not determined to buy new, I'd keep an eye on the secondhand market, they go for a decent amount below the RRP.
    Considering all the METAS stuff, they represent a pretty solid underappreciated bargain imo.

Thanks...I've decided I would like to get back to a 3 watch collection. Enough choice with that but not excessive! I would like to add a Sapphire Moonwatch and a Globemaster. With fewer chances of discounts on the Moonwatch, I'm potentially thinking go for the Moonwatch now and then add the Globemaster when opportunity arises at a good price. I see Goldsmiths have a discount on a leather starp version, but that's not as discounted as previously and not enough to make me want to buy it.

Craftsman
    The white dial can appear more flat at certain viewing angles than the blue dial. I went for the white dial and very happy with it. Whichever dial variant you choose I don't think you can go wrong at a decent discount.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Burrells have currently got the platinum one at 50% off. A snip at £15k :))))

Craftsman
    I've been thinking about adding a Globemaster to my stable for about a year now - the two-tones seem to be especially susceptible to be included in sales - I very nearly pulled the trigger on the blue dial steel/red Sedna version last week in the Ernest Jones sale - down to £5400 from nearly £9k. The all steel versions don't seem to be discounted quite as much / so often.

The only thing that stopped me buying it was some second thoughts on the size. The dial is large and makes the watch look bigger than it actually is. Apparently the leather strap versions wear a bit bigger than the bracelet - the bolstered strap kicks out the "end link to end link" measurement up a few mm when compared to the bracelet version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Burrells have currently got the platinum one at 50% off. A snip at £15k :))))
    Absolute bargain, but they advertise it as Steel and Blue, maybe that's why it's not sold

https://www.burrells.co.uk/products/...940989b8&_ss=r

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Absolute bargain, but they advertise it as Steel and Blue, maybe that's why it's not sold

https://www.burrells.co.uk/products/...940989b8&_ss=r
    Yes, absolute bargain...shame its well out of my league!

Thanks for the advice all.

If anyone sees a steel model in a shop window at a decent price, please let me know!